Any January filers out there?!?!

The supervisor came, took the notices from me and said that she will go in the back and make some copies and e-mail an inquiry to the service center. According to her, the file was still at the service center and was not transferred to the Atlanta DO yet. She said that the turn around time for the service center to respond back is within 48 hrs. She took my number and told me that she will call me in the next couple of days with a response to why the service center is still holiding the file.

Wish me good luck.

Atlanta_bro, this is almost Great news don't you think ????
now you are in their immediate radar, a supervisor of your DO is on their backs, and it should kickstart things a little! The only thing nicer would have been if your DO was MUCH closer than 18 hours. Good for you for giving it an honest try!

Atlanta_Bro....sorry to hear the interview did not happen but on the brighter side of things, you should hear something in the next couple days. Wishing you the best.

K@sh....
I had the same docs with you and everything went fine.. the thing i noticed you are missing from your list is your utility bills in both your names.. also make sure your ID's if any have the same address. You should be fine with those and the documents requested on the interview letter. Best of Luck...:)

Thanks guys

k@ash, nakisai, Feb08filer & Rose_uw,

Thanks to all of you for being so supportive. Made my day actually. I hope that I get some positive and encouraging response back from this supervisor at Atlanta DO. I know Rose_uw had encouraged me to make an infopass and go and visit the DO.....this is what I did. Please pray & I'll do the same for all my freinds here who have been patiently waiting.
Sharina, have you thought of making an infopass to findout why your interview was desecheduled by your DO. Since your DO canceled the appointment, I am sure that you have a better chance to talk to the folks there and get a solid answer since the ball is in their court to rechedule a new date for you.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am, made infopass and file was requested.
Interview canceled: April 1st 2008

Hello, everybody! it has been a few days since i had posted here!!!

SO here we go!, i wish the best to k@sh! and great luck on his interview!!!
rose and sharina, and atlanta brother! hang in there guys!!!!

still on the waiting limbo here!

ATL Brother: That is great news Bro! You total turned that negative into a positive! I am total with what Feb08Filer said, any movement is good movement with the USCIS! At least you will know what is going on with your case from someone on the inside. Do not let this get you down! (Think about all the fun you will have in Pakistan and all this will seem small)

Thx Nothere2001

ATL Brother: That is great news Bro! You total turned that negative into a positive! I am total with what Feb08Filer said, any movement is good movement with the USCIS! At least you will know what is going on with your case from someone on the inside. Do not let this get you down! (Think about all the fun you will have in Pakistan and all this will seem small)

Thanks Nothere, appreciate your kind words. I hope something positive turns out, I really do. Will keep u all posted.

Hello, everybody! it has been a few days since i had posted here!!!

SO here we go!, i wish the best to k@sh! and great luck on his interview!!!
rose and sharina, and atlanta brother! hang in there guys!!!!

still on the waiting limbo here!

her:cool:......lol.
thanx anyway

Guys,

One of the many times I called the 800 number to ask about my RFE they said to wait 60 days. Now that 60 days are over and still NO update. What should I do? Infopass, or send them the documents again? I made copies of original notice. I've gotten to the point that I hate (with passion) the 800 number.

Went for the info pass today, nothing new, they told me they recieved the RFE in MArch 14th, and that I need to waittttttt...and waittttttt and waiiit and them some.

I told her that my wife accumulated some illegal presence (a couple of months) and that we needed to travel and she said "as long as you get a AP and travel in summer, you will be ok" and I said "She has illegal presence accumulated" and she said "That will not be a problem, enjoy your life".

Anyhow, we're not going to go on any trip without a GC, but just wanted to share with everyone.

It seems these days nothing moves with USCIS. First three months were good but then things have stalled.
By the way, GNR5, your wife is not accumulating any "illegal presence". She is not illegal while her application is pending. Actually it is a way staying legal in the US if one applies right before his/her I-94 expires (assuming a tourist visa). As long as she has not been present illegally in the US before the application she must be fine. People who travel as such report smooth procedure across the forums.

That's the thing, she was illegal. Her visa expired June 2007, we married May 2007 and applied i130 because I was still a GC holder. So we applied for 485 in Jan 2008

Technically she was illegal from June 2007 till Jan 2008.

Call from the supervisor at Atlanta DO

Hi all,

If you remember from my last post that I went to my local DO (Atlanta) and the supervisor there took my information on Tuesday & promised me to get back to me in 48 hrs. Well, she kept her word and called me this afternoon on my cell. I was out and somehow coz of bad coverage/signal in the area, the call went straight to my voicemail (thx to at&t wireless).
I heard her voicemail and the message said..."Your wife's file is at the service center and is under extended review, the file will remain on adjucated hold until they finish with their review. They are trying some kind of resolution on your case.

I don't know what that means and what exactly is going on. Something to be concerned about or just take it easy. You guys have been a great support and if someone have anything to add to this or have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to write back and share your thoughts.

Sharina, I understand your interview was canceled for May 15th which was today. Did you try showing up to the interview or did an infopass. I am kinda curious to why your DO had canceled your interview. Was it over staff issue or the file never made it from the service center just like mine. I hope we get thru this waiting game soon :)

Hey Atlanta,
Yes, My interview was supposed to be taken today but they cancelled it. So I just decided to wait patiently and I didnt go to my DO. I am hoping to get my new IL soon. I was kind of trying to decide what I will do based on what the outcome of your trip was. Let's just hope that we get our new IL's soon or..that we get approved without any Interview..:D hehehe
Well........No harm in wishing! :D

I got a reponse back my USCIS telling me to do an Info-Pass. I did the Info-Pass and they do not have my case file and do not know what is going on. Missouri send me to do and Info pass and the Info-pass people send me to Missouri. Missouri is going to send them and Email and i will keep you guys posted. This is just crazy but what are we going to do...

Is it just me or are most of the people that work at that center smug and arrogant people that look down on us immigrants?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you guys will enjoy this...

Ok, after I got this call from Atlanta DO (refer to my last post), I decided to share this with my attorney who has filed our case......nothing wrong with that......right? Ok, I thought so too.
I called him first thing this morning, made a 3-way conf call and had him listen to that voicemail left by the officer.
You won't imagine and believe what he had to say. The man first tells me, hmmmm this is crazy why would the service center not release or transfer your file to the local DO. Your wife's case is clean, her I-130 was approved before we even filed her AOS (I-485 package), what's going on :rolleyes:
He then tells me that since my citizenship was done thru mandamus after waiting for almost 2 yrs, USCIS has now decided to get even with me and will try to make me suffer for several months. All I could do now is just wait and eventually the case will be approved but it will be several months. Hang in tight, that's all I could do at this point.
What an attorney, instead of comforting me or doing something on my behalf, he just comes up with such an easy & straight fwd explanation....hahahaha.

You all have a great weekend.

Hey PEEPS!!!

I'm so sorry that i didn't get back to u sooner but my computer decided to act up yesterday...lol

SO HERE WE GO!!

My interview was for 12:30...but i got there at 12:10..good thing because there was a long line and by the time i got up to the floor it was about 12:20-12:25 and my lawyer met us there. Anyway the officer called my name and he look up to my lawyer and said "oh not u again" and they laughed, apparently she had been there earlier that morning. LONG STORY SHORT....we went in the office and the officer was really nice. He asked how we met, how long we've been dating before we got married, He said "you guys have been married for over two years so i expect to see alot of proof" i was like UH OH!!...As he went through the papers he asked random questions and we was all laughin and talkin then he said.."Well as of now u are a permanent resident and u have nothing to worry about for 10 yrs" I was so happy it was over it was the shortest but longest 15 mins of my life. Guys don't stress when u go there just be yourself act natural. Trust me it will be a breeze. I'm so glad i had u guys here for your support.

Good Luck To All...
Keep the faith.