Any January filers out there?!?!

Congrats all

Congrats to all who have finally received their green cards, thanksgiving is around the corner, we will have a lot to give thanks for.. It's truly amazing how it took 6 months for some and almost a year for others. Best of luck in your travels ATL and anyone else who is planning to traveling.

Finally, my wife's green card is here. I just got back from Boston so I don't know if the card arrived in yesterday's mail or came in today. The good news is, it's here :D.

Thank you all for all the support. We may plan a trip to Pakistan in the next 2 weeks since my wife hasn't been home in the last 5 years.

I will be around to check up on other users who may have questions that I may be able to answer.

Take care & bye.

Hi Atlanta,
God Bless ! geez this was a long road hey:) First thing I did after getting the travel docs was go for 2 months to see my family. I too haven't seen them in 5 years prior to this visit. It makes a world of difference in your soul, and a nice long visit releases all the tension out of your heart.

Enjoy and have a great trip
Feb

Rose,

You have an interview coming up next Monday. Good luck with that & please keep us posted with your interview experience. I had gone to Pakistan with my family & just got back over the wknd so haven't had a chance to log on & check up on you guys.

Thanks!

Rose,

You have an interview coming up next Monday. Good luck with that & please keep us posted with your interview experience. I had gone to Pakistan with my family & just got back over the wknd so haven't had a chance to log on & check up on you guys.

Thanks Atlanta Brother for your wish. I hope things go smooth but I'm a bit concern regarding the fact that my husband is not working right now. He had one year contract which ended in October and since he wants to get the same contract again he has to have a 3 months break before he gets the next contract!! Fortunately I'm working but I don't know how much problem that would creat us! I will definitely keep you posted.

Not to worry at all

Rose,

That should not be a concern at all meaning your husband being unemployed at the time of the interview. As long as he made decent money this year ( 2008) and if you met above the poverty line for last year in your 2007 taxes, you'll do fine. I like to suggest you to make sure to take his most recent pay stubs to show it to the IO incase he/she likes to take a look at it. Also if you maintain a decent balance take your most recent bank statement just incase. You will be approved.

Good luck.

Thanks again!

Rose,

That should not be a concern at all meaning your husband being unemployed at the time of the interview. As long as he made decent money this year ( 2008) and if you met above the poverty line for last year in your 2007 taxes, you'll do fine. I like to suggest you to make sure to take his most recent pay stubs to show it to the IO incase he/she likes to take a look at it. Also if you maintain a decent balance take your most recent bank statement just incase. You will be approved.

Good luck.

Thanks again for all the info and support. Hopefully things will go alright on Monday!

Hope you walked out with a big smile

Hey Rose,

How did it go? Please tell us that everything went well with your interview today. One more reason to celebrate other than Eid today.

Write back with some good news.

What are the travel restrictions related to Family based GC?

Hi,

I plan to file at the end of this month or early February. I am a Canadian marrying a US citizen. I am currently on an F-1 visa and graduating in May 2009. I am planning to start working right after graduation (nothing lined up right now) and will get married outside the US in September.

I am looking to understand at what point in the whole process I will be restricted from traveling outside the US. Is it from the time I send out my application to the time I get the EAD card? I'm looking to compare the process/restrictions between filing now, or doing OPT and then filing for GC through marriage.

Any help would be appreciated.