Any January filers out there?!?!

Congratulation k@sh and enjoy your life as US resident :)

Atlanta_Brother, that lawyer of yours is really.....
"USCIS has now decided to get even with you and will try to make you suffer for several months" what the hell does that mean!!!!! Good thing you didn't pay much but seriously what has he done for you except to make you worry more!!! First the RFE and now his response to this!!!
Good God....
Just be patient and I wouldn't be worry and make too much out of what the officer told you about your wife's case. Hopefully you'll get the interview letter soon.

Have a nice weekend

Ok, after I got this call from Atlanta DO (refer to my last post), I decided to share this with my attorney who has filed our case......nothing wrong with that......right? Ok, I thought so too.
I called him first thing this morning, made a 3-way conf call and had him listen to that voicemail left by the officer.
You won't imagine and believe what he had to say. The man first tells me, hmmmm this is crazy why would the service center not release or transfer your file to the local DO. Your wife's case is clean, her I-130 was approved before we even filed her AOS (I-485 package), what's going on :rolleyes:
He then tells me that since my citizenship was done thru mandamus after waiting for almost 2 yrs, USCIS has now decided to get even with me and will try to make me suffer for several months. All I could do now is just wait and eventually the case will be approved but it will be several months. Hang in tight, that's all I could do at this point.
What an attorney, instead of comforting me or doing something on my behalf, he just comes up with such an easy & straight fwd explanation....hahahaha.

You all have a great weekend.

ATL BROTHER: I hate to say this but it may be time for you get get a good lawyer... like the ones that charge 5-6K =?... I say this because some things in life are worth the money and unfortunately immigration is one of them. Your case is almost done, i do not think it would cost you much but it may be worth looking into so that you do every little thing right from here on out. You do not want to joke around with this as they are red flagging your petition. An an expirianced Professional would probably be the best way to go to ensure speedy resolution and a happy ending.

That is what i would do but it your life and money =) so it is easy for me to say stuff like that,k let us know what you end up doing!

Hey PEEPS!!!

I'm so sorry that i didn't get back to u sooner but my computer decided to act up yesterday...lol

SO HERE WE GO!!

My interview was for 12:30...but i got there at 12:10..good thing because there was a long line and by the time i got up to the floor it was about 12:20-12:25 and my lawyer met us there. Anyway the officer called my name and he look up to my lawyer and said "oh not u again" and they laughed, apparently she had been there earlier that morning. LONG STORY SHORT....we went in the office and the officer was really nice. He asked how we met, how long we've been dating before we got married, He said "you guys have been married for over two years so i expect to see alot of proof" i was like UH OH!!...As he went through the papers he asked random questions and we was all laughin and talkin then he said.."Well as of now u are a permanent resident and u have nothing to worry about for 10 yrs" I was so happy it was over it was the shortest but longest 15 mins of my life. Guys don't stress when u go there just be yourself act natural. Trust me it will be a breeze. I'm so glad i had u guys here for your support.

Good Luck To All...
Keep the faith.

WOOT WOOT!

Yesss :)

Hey PEEPS!!!

I'm so sorry that i didn't get back to u sooner but my computer decided to act up yesterday...lol

SO HERE WE GO!!

My interview was for 12:30...but i got there at 12:10..good thing because there was a long line and by the time i got up to the floor it was about 12:20-12:25 and my lawyer met us there. Anyway the officer called my name and he look up to my lawyer and said "oh not u again" and they laughed, apparently she had been there earlier that morning. LONG STORY SHORT....we went in the office and the officer was really nice. He asked how we met, how long we've been dating before we got married, He said "you guys have been married for over two years so i expect to see alot of proof" i was like UH OH!!...As he went through the papers he asked random questions and we was all laughin and talkin then he said.."Well as of now u are a permanent resident and u have nothing to worry about for 10 yrs" I was so happy it was over it was the shortest but longest 15 mins of my life. Guys don't stress when u go there just be yourself act natural. Trust me it will be a breeze. I'm so glad i had u guys here for your support.

Good Luck To All...
Keep the faith.

Congrats man, u made my day......awesome.

Waiting period

Thank you guys for your support. I was wondering, are we just getting impatient for nothing. Usually what is the time frame or timeline for AOS is. It has been 4 months for pretty much all of us. By now we should all have our GC in our hands or the regular process takes about 6-9 months? I know it's nice to have this process finished ASAP but what is the general time frame for this I-485 process.
Let us know what u all think.

Good news everyone, Jesus open of the doors and i got my EAD and my travel permit today! The card was ordered today and the travel document was shipped today. I am not sure what it means to have your travel documents before your i485 but i am not complaining. Hang in there everyone it looks like they are finally moving again. I am not sure if all this happened because of time or because i did 2 info pass appointments last week. Hang in there guys we are almost done with this nightmare! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
NotThere, now you are ALMOSTThere !:)

Good stuff. you are now free to travel with your AP documents ;) and free to work with your EAD. basically you can do everything that i485 can do already. (WHEN AP in hand)

I'm VERY happy for you!

still every day rushing to the mail but no IL... this is becoming to anoy me! LOL

seriously,over 6 weeks after EAD on my hands and no IL yet!

I was looking at the website Csantos and i do not think we are going to get our IL for a while. I think i remember that your DO is Tampa right? if it is they are still working on july 2007 files according to the website. I do not trust that number to much but it is the only one out right now. I also called USCIS this morning and they told me to wait 6 more months (show you the extent of there knowledge). Bottom line we may have to wait a while...

I just had a few question and wanted to know if anyone could help me out.

1. Does the USCIS send you an Email when the IL notice is sent or does it just come by mail?
2. When we pass the interview, how long do we have to wait before we can apply for US Citizenship? Is it based on the length of time you have been married or when you applied?

Thanks for your help guys!

Hey Nothere,

Congratulations first of all for you EAD and travel Document! :)
To answer your first question, I did not get any email when I got the Interview Letter (Which was cancelled later on :( ) I think you gotta wait for 3 yrs before you can apply for citizenship. That is from the date they issue your GC. Its based on when the Permamnet Residency was issued to you. I may be wrong. But this is what I understand. TC and GBU

Hey Nothere,

Congratulations first of all for you EAD and travel Document! :)
To answer your first question, I did not get any email when I got the Interview Letter (Which was cancelled later on :( ) I think you gotta wait for 3 yrs before you can apply for citizenship. That is from the date they issue your GC. Its based on when the Permamnet Residency was issued to you. I may be wrong. But this is what I understand. TC and GBU

Thanks Sharina! =) . That is what i thought but i had heard from a friend of mine that they had changed it. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks Sharina! =) . That is what i thought but i had heard from a friend of mine that they had changed it. Just wanted to make sure.

It is 3 years of being a LPR providing you have lived with the same USC and are still married to the same USC for the entire 3 years of you being a LPR.

Look up the form I-400 and look for "Who may file form I-400"

To use this form you must be ONE of the following:
2. A Lawful Permanent Resident for at least three years and at least 18 years old,
AND
You have been married to and living with the same U.S. citizen for the last three years,
AND
Your spouse has been a U.S. citizen for the last three years.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On May 21, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence.