Any January filers out there?!?!

Hey Guys, I was supposed to have my interview on 15th May which was cancelled and I havent gotten my rescheduled date yet. I am starting to get nervous now. Any ideas what I should do? Or am I worrying unnecessarily????????

Sharina - what is your DO?

Congrats JANFILER...

I'm still stuck in the RFE... WHY IS IT TAKING MORE THAN A MONTH AND A HALF TO RESUME THE CASE?!?!?!?!?!?

Guys,

One of the many times I called the 800 number to ask about my RFE they said to wait 60 days. Now that 60 days are over and still NO update. What should I do? Infopass, or send them the documents again? I made copies of original notice. I've gotten to the point that I hate (with passion) the 800 number.

Infopass

Guys,

One of the many times I called the 800 number to ask about my RFE they said to wait 60 days. Now that 60 days are over and still NO update. What should I do? Infopass, or send them the documents again? I made copies of original notice. I've gotten to the point that I hate (with passion) the 800 number.

I would suggest infopass. It helped me to get my "stucked" case back on track. So try it.
Good luck

Guys now I am really really nervous! Plz tell me what do I do? My interview date was 15th of May which was cancelled and they haven't rescheduled it yet. My cancellation letter was issued fm my DO. Should I just wait patiently or need to do smthing?

Hey Guys...my interview is on Thursday....Wish me luck...I AM SOOOOOO NERVOUS!!!!!!:eek::eek:

and oh...i will celebrate my green card by goin back home (to trinidad) with my husband for christmas to spend time with our family, he hasn't been back in a while also....don't kno why cause he had his green card for almost 10 years..lol..but thats my plans and hopefully eveything will go smoothly :)

Hey Guys...my interview is on Thursday....Wish me luck...I AM SOOOOOO NERVOUS!!!!!!:eek::eek:

and oh...i will celebrate my green card by goin back home (to trinidad) with my husband for christmas to spend time with our family, he hasn't been back in a while also....don't kno why cause he had his green card for almost 10 years..lol..but thats my plans and hopefully eveything will go smoothly :)

hey kash, how long did it take to get ur SSN after you applied for it?

Went for the interview today

Just a quick update from my end. Arrived Atlanta by road (18 hrs drive) late last night. Went for our interview at 8:30am this morning. Keep in mind that our original interview was canceled today but since lot of folks suggested here, we took our chances and showed up at 8:25am this morning. We were there few mins earlier. When we cheked in at the counter, my wife's name was not on the list so the officer took the interview letter and stamped it. She manually wrote her name on the list and asked us to wait in the lobby. We waited until 10am and our name was not called. I went back to her and she said that it's weird.....you guys have been waiting since 8:30am. She then went ahead and checked in her system and told me that the interview was canceled and we should have gotten a notice. She told me clearly that there is nothing that she could so at this time and asked us to wait for another letter. I went downstairs to the first floor and tried to find out thru infopass. It was 10:15am and I had made an infopass apptt for 10:30am. Our number was called. Went to the officer. The officer wasn't too friendly and without even looking in her computer, she told us that by looking at our cabcelation notice that there is nothing she could do. I said, well, please give me some idea as to when my next interview will be scheduled since I came all the way from Boston. She took my notices and asked us to wait in the lobby and advised me that she will get me in touch with someone senior or a supervisor to see whats going on. The supervisor came, took the notices from me and said that she will go in the back and make some copies and e-mail an inquiry to the service center. According to her, the file was still at the service center and was not transferred to the Atlanta DO yet. She said that the turn around time for the service center to respond back is within 48 hrs. She took my number and told me that she will call me in the next couple of days with a response to why the service center is still holiding the file.

That's pretty much it. Hoping for a positive response from the DO. I don't have a lot of hope from these folks but since Rose_uw had a good experience at her DO in Seattle, I just wanted to take my chances too.

Wish me good luck.

WOW..well there's no harm in tryin. Its good that they are aware that u been waitin toooooo long, so hopefully u get an answer soon

It'll work out!

k@sh, all the best for your interview on Thursday.

Atlanta_Brother, Sorry to hear that you have to drive all the way and not get the interview but I guess you knew that the chance of getting it is almost none. But let's hope that your infopass and request of service from your DO will move your case forward faster. I'm sure you'll get the interview letter soon.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
OH!! one more thing. This is for the guys who been to there interview but anybody could feel free to respond.. please tell me you think i have enough documents. i don't think i do.

-Joint bank statement.
-Joint credit card. (copy of our cards showing the same card number bacause we didn't get a statement yet)
-few more pics.
-rental agreement.
-life insurance.
-joint taxes returns.
-and we also bought a car and both of our names are on the title, i don't kno if thats useful but i'll copy it anyway.

I think thats it so tell me what you think peeps!

It took extactly one week. Did u apply for it already?

yea my wife applied last monday, but it was the same day they got there EAD, the lady said it would be 10 days. she didnt say 10 business days, but 10 days, and that would be today.

yea my wife applied last monday, but it was the same day they got there EAD, the lady said it would be 10 days. she didnt say 10 business days, but 10 days, and that would be today.

you'll get it soon..sometimes it moves a lil slow because your name and A# is not registered in the system yet. That happend to a friend of mines. But i'm pretty sure that u'll get it very soon.