Any January filers out there?!?!

Great

Another update:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 24, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

This is probably the last update that's going to occur for me until my I-751. I hope everyone will get some movement on their case soon.

Happy for you. Congrats, don't forget us in your prayers. We all need it badly.:mad:

Thanks all. I've finally received the GC today. Coincidentally, I've also received my new SS card which doesn't indicate "VALID ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION". Once again, I wish all of you luck.

The party just died or what ?

It's pretty quiet in here. No update from you guys. Well don't have much update other than I called my attorney to get my complete file (I-485, I-130, I-864 etc) so that I have it in my records. First he wasn't sure how he could e-mail it to me keeping in mind that he doesn't have a fax machine in his office. On top of that he tells me that he doesn't have a scanner. I told him no problem, you could just send me the soft copy....I told him that I am sure you must have saved them somewhere and you can attach them and send it over. He said good idea. Later he e-mailed me asking my wife's name. Nothing came in the mail for one hour so I called his office and his phillipino/chinese secretary told me that he couldn't find the file. She asked me if she should look under my wife's last name or my last name......aaaaahhhhhhh. She said the attorney has gone for the day & she will talk to him tomorrow and get back to me.....what a pleasant day for me :mad:

That's good you have all that for your records.. those will help you out when you are ready for your N-400 to match everything..

an attorney office without a fax machine... mmmmmmm. I hope with all the fees you paid him, he save some money to get a fax machine!!!

This is the deal

That's good you have all that for your records.. those will help you out when you are ready for your N-400 to match everything..

an attorney office without a fax machine... mmmmmmm. I hope with all the fees you paid him, he save some money to get a fax machine!!!

Actually to be quite honest with you, he didn't charge me that much or tried to rip me off or clean my wallet. I can't even complain coz he charged me only $690 which also includes him coming to the interview with us so if you think about it, it's not too bad. Also reaching him over the phone/e-mail is also very easy. You will be able to get hold of him 95% of the time and if he is ever on the phone, he will call you back within 15 mins. I wish he was a little more organized, that's all.

Thanks

congrats rose, happy for you, since you were one of the longer waiters for your FPs. we received the EAD card in the mail today.

Thank you js360. I'm glad that you got the EAD card and now your wife can start working.
Good luck

For those of you out there that have not gotten your EAD cards yet, you should call USCIS. I just off the phone with the rep and all the people January should have gotten a response about there EAD request (or else there is a problem and your like my, over due).

I was told that my EAD is 23 days over due, the lady was kind enough to elevate me to an officer and she got the ball rolling again. I will get my card in less then 30 days =). If anyone is having problems with EAD the magic words to say is "my i-765 is over due...".

USCIS has to give you an answer with in 75 days or your application messed up. So if your over due call them to get things back on track.

Good

For those of you out there that have not gotten your EAD cards yet, you should call USCIS. I just off the phone with the rep and all the people January should have gotten a response about there EAD request (or else there is a problem and your like my, over due).

I was told that my EAD is 23 days over due, the lady was kind enough to elevate me to an officer and she got the ball rolling again. I will get my card in less then 30 days =). If anyone is having problems with EAD the magic words to say is "my i-765 is over due...".

USCIS has to give you an answer with in 75 days or your application messed up. So if your over due call them to get things back on track.

I am glad that things have started moving for you. Just hang in there and you'll make it. Keep us posted.
As for me, though our interview was cancelled but I still plan on showing up for the interview on Tuesday May 13th and taking my chances. I have also made an infopass appointment for that very specific day. Please pray.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th

Interview tomorrow

ATL-DO
Entered US 1997-changed status to F-1.
Married USC- 08-06-2008
1/4/08: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-864- Chicago Lockbox
1/08/08: Received receipt for I-130, I-485 and I-765 from USCIS
1/10/08: Case added online on USCIS Website
1/16/08: Received Appt notice for Biometrics
2/06/08: Biometrics Appointment
2/13/08: Case added online on USCIS website.
2/28/08: Online status says "Card Production Ordered"
3/3/08 : Got EAD card ;)
3/18/08 : Recd. IL Scheduled for May 8th.:D
Pray for us for this to go well.
Will post update tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATL-DO
Entered US 1997-changed status to F-1.
Married USC- 08-06-2008
1/4/08: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-864- Chicago Lockbox
1/08/08: Received receipt for I-130, I-485 and I-765 from USCIS
1/10/08: Case added online on USCIS Website
1/16/08: Received Appt notice for Biometrics
2/06/08: Biometrics Appointment
2/13/08: Case added online on USCIS website.
2/28/08: Online status says "Card Production Ordered"
3/3/08 : Got EAD card ;)
3/18/08 : Recd. IL Scheduled for May 8th.:D
Pray for us for this to go well.
Will post update tomorrow.

nakisai.

All the best and our best wishes with you for tomorrow's interview. I pray that you get approved and also get an approval stamp on the passport. Please come back to the forum after your interview and definitely share your experience with us letting us know your experience in detail. I mean, what documents you think will come in handy and what to look out for and stuff like that.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd