Any January filers out there?!?!

I dunno what to think anymore

This is getting too much. I hope we all get some kind of movement & update on our cases by end of the month if not end of this week. What are these ppl doing now? their staff is just working on N-400 pending applications these days....whats the story......huh. Awful system.

Good

since my ead (31 of march) nothing else sent to us!

I am glad that you atleast have EAD card. You can get your SSN and Driv license made. I was so stupid not to apply for EAD with the same package. It would have still cost me $1010. I thought GC would arrive in 3-4 months and now we're just waiting......huh

It makes me sad that you guys are still waiting for updates. It makes me feel bad that I have another update today. I've received the WL and I-130 approval. I hope there's some movement in your cases soon!

You are right

It makes me sad that you guys are still waiting for updates. It makes me feel bad that I have another update today. I've received the WL and I-130 approval. I hope there's some movement in your cases soon!

JAN08FILER, yes you are right, there is no movement and guess what? When I applied for my wife's AOS in Jan, her I-130 was already approved. I thought having an approved I-130 when applying for her AOS would atleast save us couple of weeks and speed up the process. It seems the case is otherwise.

ahhhhhh, we have to have a very merry cinco de maio here, coz we need it, it is so much stress...

EAD here, after that, 21 days of nothing but hopeless walk to the mail box!

Infopass

Still waiting... no news post. This is getting a little bit annoying but i am happy i am almost done with this whole process.

Nothere2001, you should have at least got your EAD by now. If I was you I would make an infopass and go to DO to see what's going on!!! Sometimes they need to be pushed for some reason! Hope you see some movement soon.

NAAAAAAAHHHHHH jan08, don't you even try to feel bad :) this is great that your case moved so fast and effortless. It shows everybody that it CAN be done. it IS possible.

Awesome Gnr5!!! You seem to have had no LUD's no nothing, and just all of a sudden a EAD. that is amazingly fun for you. Happy job hunting, and I hope you find the job of your dreams that pays you even more than you thought to ask for!

I do have LUD, i just don't have them in my signature. My LUD on my 485 is March 11th, which was the day we got the FP done and sent the RFE back. I will call USCIS or schedule an infopass for next week, it has been more than a month and half and no updates regarding the RFE.

like this nice active thread, keep it going :)

I actually filed concurrent(I-130/I-485)in April for my parents(from northern california) and sorry for barging in Jan thread, but had a few questions from you experienced guys so at to keep myself informed.

1. How long does it take for I-130 to approve if concurrently filed(in CSC processing times it says Aug 19th, 2007). How about the whole process end-to-end(including 485) for parents?

2. When does the background check happen and at what point in the timeline will we know that the case is past his?

3. Since many people have received RFEs, what is the most common RFE in Parents case?

thanks all

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Hi Folks,
I received the following status update from USCIS(CRIS):
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On April 19, 2008, we transferred this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.

My understanding was that the case gets transferred from National Benefits Center to the local field office. Here, it seems the opposite has happened. Any ideas what may be going on? Is this a good thing or bad thing?

wasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup yallllllllllllll

my fellow folks.... we will be experts on "waiting" by the time we are all taken care of

Another update:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On April 24, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

This is probably the last update that's going to occur for me until my I-751. I hope everyone will get some movement on their case soon.

Congrats JANFILER...

I'm still stuck in the RFE... WHY IS IT TAKING MORE THAN A MONTH AND A HALF TO RESUME THE CASE?!?!?!?!?!?

congrats jan08filer. super happy for you, you are all done, we got approval on EAD and AP this week so were super excited just for that.