Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Congrats Centella!!!! the 21st is a popular day. We got 3 on this thread that have their interview on that day.

Quick question: If the USCIS website says that the New York office processing date for I-485 forms is September 28, 2010, does that mean that it'll be about another five months for a February filer to get an interview? I received my EAD/AP card nearly six weeks ago, but still no sniff of an interview letter. I can't believe it would take only two months to get the EAD, but another six to get the green card itself.

Quick question: If the USCIS website says that the New York office processing date for I-485 forms is September 28, 2010, does that mean that it'll be about another five months for a February filer to get an interview? I received my EAD/AP card nearly six weeks ago, but still no sniff of an interview letter. I can't believe it would take only two months to get the EAD, but another six to get the green card itself.

When they give you a specific date instead of how many months the DO is taking to process applications it usually means they are runnign behind the 90 days timeline it takes to process the I-485 applications.

However, I would not trust these timelines thought, personal experience, my DO was the same but look at my timeline - it took only a lil over 2 weeks after I got my EAD to get my IL.

You never know, USCIS is very vague in their timelines and my case for one is living proof of that :D got my AP in a few weeks, EAD in a week and IL too, nothing in my case followed the online timelines!

ask on avvo.com,

you can find a NY immigration lawyer who might have more specific timeline for you

A sign that Feb filers are doing well with their applications - not a single post since 19th May lol!

I just wanted to wish all upcoming interviews all the best & for those of us who are waiting on IL's or AP's or EAD's - best of luck :)

We are precisely 3 weeks away from our scheduled interview and major work is being out into not just that but maybe an early departure for our trip to India too :D

My folks back home are right in the middle of putting together a major Punjabi wedding (google it for images and you will understand why such excitement in my voice) lol!

Just thought I would share something special to us with some special friends, change the mood from EAD's and GC's to some simple smiles....

Anyhow, have a great week ahead!

update.

some good news,

"On May 18, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

thank you.

Congratulations bosanci30

So your EAD is under production, I think by now you must have it in hand too :)

The next step will be the last for a while ;) all the best for your IL buddy!

Congratulations bosanci30

So your EAD is under production, I think by now you must have it in hand too :)

The next step will be the last for a while ;) all the best for your IL buddy!
hi,Noella,
i got the email on the may 16,so still waiting for that EAD to arrive maybe within few days...

also after arriving normally i can apply for a social security?,and that ss will it have any restrictions on it?...or will it be like a regular one? if anyone knows ?

well,thank you ,my friend! and a lot of luck it your interview! hope all goes well for you!

May 20 - Received NOA2 in mail.
12/21/2005 ~ LPR
05/05/2007 ~ Married
01/31/2011 ~ US Citizen
02/05/2011 ~ Mailed I-130
02/07/2011 ~ Package signed for at Chicago lock box
02/07/2011 ~ Priority date
02/10/2011 ~ NOA1 notice date
02/18/2011 ~ NOA1 hard copy received in mail
********** ~ Routed to California Service Center
02/18/2011 ~ Last Touched
05/17/2011 ~ NOA2
05/20/2011 ~ NOA2 hard copy received in mail

Hi Everyone!

GREAT NEWS:

"On May 23, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION ....."

I'm so excited!!! Now I have to wait for the hard copy in the mail.

Does anyone have any experience with the US Embassy in Brussels? I guess the next step is that my husband will have to go there for an interview? I think I should also receive something in the mail to fill out regarding financials, etc. Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! It seems we are all moving along...

update,
i dont know exactly how this uscis works,but sometime it gets confusing !
may 18- got email,status: card/document production (ordered)
may 23- got email again : same email like the one on may 18
may 24-got email that status changed to : post decision activity ,and it say that the i-765 was approved and they mailed the notice out...

where this the steps that everyone else got? little confusing about the "status" when i check online,2 days ago was all the way to production,now is to post decision activity...,

thanks,

bosanci

You should receive your card in about 10days after the first production email. Disregard subsequent status changes.

Goodluck!

bosanci

You should receive your card in about 10days after the first production email. Disregard subsequent status changes.

Goodluck!
ok,was just a little confuse about the procedure they use,

but will wait for that card to come...

after receiving the card ,can i apply for social security?

thank you friend!!!

bosanci

Yes. However, there will be a "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS APPROVAL" inscription on your social security card. You will need a green card to get it removed.

Goodluck!

bosanci

Yes. However, there will be a "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS APPROVAL" inscription on your social security card. You will need a green card to get it removed.

Goodluck!
hmmm,ok.
well i guess ,if i can work,that will be nice...
is a start.

thank you friend.

Congratulations staticfade56 & John_trucker!

And the biggest hug & congratulations to maraL your patience & efforts have finally paid off :D

All the best with the biometrics!

God bless you all :)

Hello friends.,

I have a quick question. We filed the I-130, I-485 and I 765, concurrently. This is for my wife. We are located in Alexandria, VA. My wife did her finger printing in Alexandria, VA on 05/09/2011. I guess the next step is to expect the Employment Authorization card. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Employment authorization card from the time of finger printing and the Interview Letter?

Hi Guys!!

I was wondering, If we were to get a RFE-would we get it now or after the biometrics are done? How does that work? Also, I should expect the work auth after biometrics too?