Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I took two folders of documents that were in a small briefcase that we used. One folder had the originals and the other one had photocopies. Make sure that you make copies because they dont like people thinking that the IOs are their personal copier.(Plus it takes more time if they have to make copies, and they only have 30 mins to interview you). When the IO asked for the documents, i told him we had the originals and the copies. I started handing them (copies) one by one and explaining what they were. If they were bank statements or bills for more than a month, I handed them together and told him they were for XX months. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you tomkip, that def helps, maybe a 3 ring binder isnt the best idea, just seems to me it would take to long to get stuff out. I really appreciate the input. (=

Thanks for the good words and faith :)
We will keep you all posted and pray for an IL soon. We are hoping to fly together in August into the US, keeping fingers and toes crossed.
Cheers

Just keep up the faith and hope buddy. Yous spouse will be green and will come over to join you. Since you are only filing the I-130 alone, your case will probably take longer than the concurrent filing(when both spouse and petitioner are already here in the US). It will take about 3-4 months for the I-130 to be approved then it will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will then contact your spouse who is overseas and she will go for an interview at a consulate. The whole process will probably take 6-9 months.

@maraL

Congratulations! I am so happy everything checked out for you this time around. So third time is a charm :)
Keep us posted on your progress. God willing, everything should go on smooth for you now.

I had a RFE. After USCIS received my response (according to USPS) it took about a week for the online status to change to "Request for Evidence Response Review." The online status remained there until they scheduled my interview.

sorry for some reason i dont receive replies back from this site...

anyway,

is weird with this uscis , i had "request of evidence" then i have sent all papers requested in , (i-485 supp a) and it changed to "Request for Evidence Response Review" and then a week later i got a letter from them that we did not sent the papers and the 1000$ to the right place,so there was 2 things to send one a translated English birth certificate and the second thing was form i-485 supp A to a different address (chicago),so my lawyer sent all paper work to the main address (MO) where you normally send the i-485 when apply the first time,but there we suppose to send only the birt certificate,and the i-485 supp a to other office in chicago,so anyway,waiting for my lawyer to come from traveling,it took about a week,now yesterday i get another envelope from uscis with receipt i-797c for the i-485 aos under 245i and they say 1000$ received,also look it in my bank and the 1000$ is gone,they have cashed the check.
so now i guess i dont have to send anything in anymore,i think they forwarded the papers to the right place...,but only it went back to only "request for evidence"...confuse...but i got the receipt and there is no "priority date " on the receipt!,hmmm,

also how long is the process for the i-765? anyone...

thank you so much,

update,

april 8-2011 sent request of evidence back to uscis.
april 12-2011 received email that the uscis received my roe
may 9-2011 received envelope from uscis that papers and fee for i-485 sup a was sent in wrong place.
may 13-2011 received email also about the evidence where was sent and status was changed to "request of evidence " back
may 16-2011 received mail receipt for the i-485 under 245i with no priority date,now need to wait for a decision.

Finally, my day has come!!!!!!!

I GOT MY NOA'S TODAY...THANK GOD!!!!!

Congratulations maraL :D God is great!

It is great to know that your case is now finally in progress stage and we will eagerly look forward to updates from you on how things proceed!

All the best :)

update,

april 8-2011 sent request of evidence back to uscis.
april 12-2011 received email that the uscis received my roe
may 9-2011 received envelope from uscis that papers and fee for i-485 sup a was sent in wrong place.
may 13-2011 received email also about the evidence where was sent and status was changed to "request of evidence " back
may 16-2011 received mail receipt for the i-485 under 245i with no priority date,now need to wait for a decision.

Of what I understand, you sent a response to the RFE (Request for Further Evidence) and the lawyer sent it to the MO address. Now the money has been cashed but do you have any confirmations if your I-485 supp A and translated BC have been received by them too?

You may wanna call the NSCS and confirm with them that those documents have been received by them too to be on the safe side & to avoid any delays in processing.

All the best!

In preparation...

Hey guys!

Just some tit bits I wanted to share, I am planning to have a check list made as per the NOA I got for the interview and put the papers together accordingly.

My questions are these:

1) All documents establishing your eligibility for LPR status - what are these documents exactly? Of what I read it mainly means what can I show to be proved eligible for a GC through marriage and I would say that would mean my marriage license right?

2) Certified copy of marriage document - Do I need to take a copy of our marriage license and get the County Clerks office to certify it?

3) supporting evidence of relationship - what we have is a joint bank account (we recently converted his checking account into a joint account as I just got my SSN), the lease agreement which is on his name but I signed the agreement when we moved in, 2010 Tax return as we filed jointly, the satellite bill is in my name, the phone bills are in his name with him having the primary line and me being the secondary line, we also have loads of pictures (wedding, his mom's bday, sister in law's baby shower & the birth day, easter and other such family events). My worry is we do not have any sort of joint ownership documents or insurance documents. Should I get affidavits from family members in this case?

4) Original & copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application - This obviously means every document we submitted with the I-485, most of these documents like the medical report & affidavit of support are already ticked off as sent so I guess not much there to take.

I am sorry if I am blabbing too much, just wanna make sure we do not miss anything :)

Hey guys,

good news, my case status changed to Testing and Interview, I have my interview on June 21st. yeahhhhh. so excited and happy right now!!!!!

Thank you for everyone that has been such a help on this thread, you made this process so much easier!!!

Now its time to prepare!!!

Hey guys,

good news, my case status changed to Testing and Interview, I have my interview on June 21st. yeahhhhh. so excited and happy right now!!!!!

Thank you for everyone that has been such a help on this thread, you made this process so much easier!!!

Now its time to prepare!!!

Great news Musicaa I am so happy to hear the news :) btw did you get an email or text about the IL? or just online case status update?

Good luck with your preparations..we will follow you soon hopefully :)

Thank u immig4us, I got both text and email! So now I'm just waiting for the hard copy in the mail! Good luck with your process, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

Interview notice

Good News!!! My mother's interview is set for June 21st. It updated only just a short while ago. No more checking the online status 6 times a day. Yipee!!

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status
Day 68: 04/15/2011 - EAD/AP card Received in mail
Day 101: 05/17/2011 - Online Status showing IL date of 06/21/2011