Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hello everyone....and the super long wait is finally over lol!!!!!

Got the IL in the mail today and the interview is set for 14th June @ 10:30am.

Taking your advice induz, we are planning to make a trip out of this one ;)

Loads of preparation stands ahead, too many documents to get together and looks like my mom will be able to see me this July yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Super excited but the fact remains, patience is hard to keep but a virtue in this process.

Thanks a billion to all you friends I have here, without this support system, I would have broken down way back!

maraL - I know this is not an easy time for you my dear but you are most certainly in our prayers, a special one will be sent out for you tonight again ;)

Congratulations Noella...great news :)

I have heard like thesedays online status is not showing CPO. Is that correct? Please share those who already got the GC. Thanks

Thanks immiresearch - I am still trying to gauge how long before I do get an IL. My entire trip to India depends on that....

Its very true that each DO has different case loads and hence works differently.

I can not find where the I-485 (under c9 category) gets processed so I am hinging towards the timeframes on the USCIS website, and that means that latest by July (5 months from the date of filing) I should have the GC.

I am hopeful & patient however it is a lil frustrating when you can not speak with anyone to see what is going on or to get a approximate time frame.

I mean, if the DO is running behind their timeline, atleast we should be able to get approximates so we are not left hanging in mid air lol!

Anyhow congratulations Shely :)

I was about replying to this when i saw your "IL in the mail" post. Thank God that there is nothing to guage anymore lol. Good thing you already know the drill so just get prepared and do your very best. The good God will take care of the rest for you as He had done for the rest member of this thread. I cant tell you not to be nervous but am sure we will all be here to rejoice with you after your interview!

31 days and nothing yet guys! DO you really think it will be sent back the 4th time? I'm calling the bank to see if the check was cashed...

Can't believe the first time I filed I was a February filer:(

It must be really hard right now maraL. I hope they dont send it back this time around, they wont for good! Just be positive and take everything in good faith. I know this is happening for a positive reason even though you were feb. filers. Call the bank and take it from there. Goodluck!

@thomkip

Congrats on receiving the GC! I am hoping we all will be together while filing our I-751 :)

Thanks induz. You set a very good thing for the whole crew by being the first one to be approved.
I hope that all of us will be there during the removal of conditions. I have heard of horror stories where people where too busy and forget about it and by the time they realized they needed to submit I-751, they had to go through an immigration judge. So let us all not forget to file I-751 in Feb 2013.

I have heard like thesedays online status is not showing CPO. Is that correct? Please share those who already got the GC. Thanks

Some people will receive CPO while others will not. The online status is not very trustworthy. I have received the GC and the online status for I-485 says "testing and interview" while the I-130 says "initial review". This applies to me and another member of this thread. Dont rely on the online status.

Hey Noella - Congratulations on the IL. I am so happy for you. You have kept your's and our morale up all this while and I am sure you will cruise through the interview with ease. Somehow I get this feeling, and like thomkip said, that you will be approved on the spot and will be ready to travel in July. Thank you for taking my perspective on that :)
If you need something, you know where we all are. Good luck preparing for the interview. You will be in our prayers for sure.

Thanks again buddy!!!! I most certainly will need all your expert opinions and experiences for mine.

Since my case is a little unique, I will need advice and perspectives from each one of you :)

Hi guys, im new here :) I am also a February filer :)

Welcome to the thread pal!

Update your signature like we have with you progress and become a part of this wonderful land of friends who boost you morale when you feel low and celebrate your success each step of the way ;)

I know it for a fact, with out these friends, this long process that has been a wonderful journey, would have been a complete ordeal o_O

I was about replying to this when i saw your "IL in the mail" post. Thank God that there is nothing to guage anymore lol. Good thing you already know the drill so just get prepared and do your very best. The good God will take care of the rest for you as He had done for the rest member of this thread. I cant tell you not to be nervous but am sure we will all be here to rejoice with you after your interview!

AL HAMDU LILAH immiresearch!!!!!

Thank you for starting this thread and pretty much being the reason why all of us have been around for each other all this time :)

The good Lord has already blessed each one of us with teh strength to go through this process and never loose hope and faith, plus make such awesome friends...how often does that happen ;)

I will have questions updated shortly from the IL that I did not understand...

Does anyone knows anything about registering for selective service as a permanent residence alien??. . .Was discussing this with a friend but cant seem to grasp the measing.

@all

For those who might want to travel abroad after recieving their GC, please dont stay beyond 6 months if you can afford it. A friend was denied entry back into the US after spending more than 6months abroad and to make it worse, he didnt apply for reentry permit before departing US. Like myself, we might had probably known this already, just thought i should share it with you guys because i had never really taken it seriously.

Does anyone knows anything about registering for selective service as a permanent residence alien??. . .Was discussing this with a friend but cant seem to grasp the measing.

@all

For those who might want to travel abroad after recieving their GC, please dont stay beyond 6 months if you can afford it. A friend was denied entry back into the US after spending more than 6months abroad and to make it worse, he didnt apply for reentry permit before departing US. Like myself, we might had probably known this already, just thought i should share it with you guys because i had never really taken it seriously.

Hey...

This is all I found, hope it helps. They are snippets from different knowledge bases :)

The Selective Service System is a means by which the United States maintains information on those potentially subject to military conscription. Most male U.S. citizens and male immigrant non-citizens between the ages of 18 to 25 are required by law to have registered within 30 days of their 18th birthday.

and

If you are a man and you are 18 to 26 years old, you must register with the Selective Service. When you register, you tell the government that you are available to serve in the U.S.Armed Forces. The
United States does not have a military draft now. LPRs and citizens are not asked to serve in the Armed Forces unless they want to.

You can register at a United States post office or on the Internet. To register for Selective Service on the Internet, visit the Selective Service website: http://www.sss.gov.

To speak with someone from the Selective Service, call 1-847-688-6888. This is not a free call. You can also find information on the USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov.

@immiresearch

By registering for selective services, the United States Govt can summon for your services in case of a military emergency (read war). So if you are a male, between 18 and 26 years of age you will need to register yourself. It is mandatory. So if you fit the criteria, you can do so by filling out the form at your nearest post office. I am above 26 :D

@ immisearch, did your online status moved to CPO after you were approved or not. I just want to make sure online system is working or not.