Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I am from chicago, USC

04/07/2011 - Package sent Chicago addres By Fedex (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
04/11/2011 - Package Received (Signed by S. Bush) chicago
04/21/2011 - Received Text Messages and Email Notificaion
04/22/2011 - Check cashed
04/26/2011 - Recieved NOA1 in mail
04/29/2011 - Received finger Prints
05/05/2011 - FP Done..

I Do not know what is next..

@ Chicago777, it depends. Mine after having my fp done, i got the interview letter and then the approval of my document to travel and also authorization to work. But there are few cases here that they got their EAD and AP first and they are still waiting for their IL. It seems that the DO in Chicago works pretty fast. At least mine did.:)

Good luck!

@ all

I just recieved my GC in the mail and the card is actually green:) It's really a good feeling to be done with this atleast for now. Thank God Almighty!

For those ( Noella, shely etc.) who are still expecting their IL and updates. It will surely come and when it do come, it will be a success at the end!

@ thomkip

Go and check mail box buddy if you havent today. It should be there waiting for you

Last edited by a moderator:
@ all

I just recieved my GC in the mail and the card is actually green:) It's really a good feeling to be done with this atleast for now. Thank God Almighty!

@ thomkip

Go and check mail box buddy if you havent today. It should be there waiting for you

Congrats man! I just saw your post and ran to the mailbox but there was nothing. It had a bank statement lol. I should get it tomorrow or early next week. I guess I will be a major stalker of our mailbox for the next few days :):):):). I hope he(the mailbox) wont sue me lol lol :):):)

@ thomkip

Hahaha lol:D. Dont worry at worse it will be there next week but am positive you should get tomorrow! It's a done deal already!

@ shely

Thank you shely. Yours is on its way too.

@abhiku, yemroy

Congratulations guys.

@ immiresearch, Thank you!!! I have faith that mine is too :)

@ immig4us, Thanks a lot!!! I hope I truly got this. I can't wait to hear from the soon. :)

ASC: Naperville, IL DO: Chicago,IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card
Day 62: 04/30/2011 - EAD/AP received in the mail
Day 66: 05/04/2011 - Interview done.

First, NO Updates Since March (60 plus days) :(

Secondly, Congrats to ALL of YOU for those GC and Complete Interviews ;)

Lastly, Happy Mom's Day to ALL !!!!

I just hope that if we ever get to the interview point, you are all around to hear the good news. Either that or we are last ones out of here and we will shut off the lights arrrgggghhhh!!!

First, NO Updates Since March (60 plus days) :(

Secondly, Congrats to ALL of YOU for those GC and Complete Interviews ;)

Lastly, Happy Mom's Day to ALL !!!!

I just hope that if we ever get to the interview point, you are all around to hear the good news. Either that or we are last ones out of here and we will shut off the lights arrrgggghhhh!!!

Just keep up the faith and hope buddy. Yous spouse will be green and will come over to join you. Since you are only filing the I-130 alone, your case will probably take longer than the concurrent filing(when both spouse and petitioner are already here in the US). It will take about 3-4 months for the I-130 to be approved then it will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will then contact your spouse who is overseas and she will go for an interview at a consulate. The whole process will probably take 6-9 months.

Hi Immiresearch,
I haven't been online in a while, but just saw your post.
Actually I just went on to check the USCIS website because I haven't heard anything about my application. I filed the I-130 as my husband currently lives in Belgium.
When I went online - my status still says Initial Review. I know he shouldn't have an interview here or anything, but is it strange that we didn't hear anything? Should I call the number? Online it says last updated 2/18/2011. I don't know if that's the last time I actually logged in or they haven't touched our application since then..?! maybe it is lost? I'm pretty worried now...

anyone with advice...its greatly appreciated.
thanks,
staticfade

Hi Immiresearch,
I haven't been online in a while, but just saw your post.
Actually I just went on to check the USCIS website because I haven't heard anything about my application. I filed the I-130 as my husband currently lives in Belgium.
When I went online - my status still says Initial Review. I know he shouldn't have an interview here or anything, but is it strange that we didn't hear anything? Should I call the number? Online it says last updated 2/18/2011. I don't know if that's the last time I actually logged in or they haven't touched our application since then..?! maybe it is lost? I'm pretty worried now...

anyone with advice...its greatly appreciated.
thanks,
staticfade

Hey, good to hear from you. Some of the people that we started the whole process with have gone quiet. Relax, your spouse will go green. The answer to your question is in the post prior to yours.

[/QUOTE] Just keep up the faith and hope buddy. Yous spouse will be green and will come over to join you. Since you are only filing the I-130 alone, your case will probably take longer than the concurrent filing(when both spouse and petitioner are already here in the US). It will take about 3-4 months for the I-130 to be approved then it will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will then contact your spouse who is overseas and she will go for an interview at a consulate. The whole process will probably take 6-9 months. [/QUOTE]

U*P*D*A*T*E

Hi everyone. Sorry for taking so long to update my signature. Yesterday we had an extremely busy day. I graduated in the morning and we had a party to celebrate my graduation, my husband's birthday, and our interview with the Immigration. I got home around 3 pm and my husband got the mail and told me we got two envelops from the DHS should we open? I told him, are you kidding me? Give me that hehehehehe so as soon as I opened the letter, we got another HUGE reason to celebrate that afternoon. "Welcome to the United States of America" oh yes hehehehe :) Our case was approved and we couldn't be happier. :)

Thank you ALL for the good wishes and good vibes you sent my way. I truly appreciate it! Now I will wait for the so famous green card ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. Hope you guys had a wonderful day.

Best.
Shely

Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card
Day 66: 05/04/2011 - Interview done. Case Approved.
Day 69: 05/07/2011 - "The Welcome to USA" letter received in the mail. :)

I dont know anyone from Virginia DO but it seems like it takes forever to receive the IL. I was looking at the processing times and it seems like Virginia and Atlanta are even busier than NYC. You can look at this link and see how much cases they received and processed. Compare that to my DO that received 39 and processed 39 in the same time frame. You have to scroll to the bottom, dont look at the national volume chart. You can actually also check other DO and other forrms. This is a cool chart.
http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=9&office=27&charttype=2

Thanks a lot thomkip for the info and the link..that looks pretty cool.... Yea, we are unfortunate with our DO office :( nothing is in our control all we have to do is WAIT for IL and hope for the best :)

U*P*D*A*T*E

Hi everyone. Sorry for taking so long to update my signature. Yesterday we had an extremely busy day. I graduated in the morning and we had a party to celebrate my graduation, my husband's birthday, and our interview with the Immigration. I got home around 3 pm and my husband got the mail and told me we got two envelops from the DHS should we open? I told him, are you kidding me? Give me that hehehehehe so as soon as I opened the letter, we got another HUGE reason to celebrate that afternoon. "Welcome to the United States of America" oh yes hehehehe :) Our case was approved and we couldn't be happier. :)

Thank you ALL for the good wishes and good vibes you sent my way. I truly appreciate it! Now I will wait for the so famous green card ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. Hope you guys had a wonderful day.

Best.
Shely

Wow Shely ...Triple CONGRATULATIONS :) ...really happy for you! that's a great news ....we all need here some good vibe and good wishes :)

@ ALL

Good luck for everything.. Slowly but surely we will get there :) :)

U*P*D*A*T*E

Best.
Shely

Congratulations Shely! With your interview experience yours looked like a done deal. I am happy that you received your approval. Hope you guys partied hard :D

@immiresearch

Congratulations buddy! So a few of us are done with this first stage. Hopefully we all will meet together again here when it's the time for us to file our I-751 and subsequently N-400. Come to think of it, we will be paying hefty fees to the USCIS every single year :)

Received GC

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I Just received the GC in the mail :):). I am dancing in my pants right now. Its a great feeling and thanks to God for this moment and everything. I am glad this is over for the next 2 years. I am so happy and can focus now on achieving the American dream. Please let us not forget to file I-751 90 days before the card expires.

Thanks to all of you guys in this thread and the whole forum and thanks to immiresearch for starting this thread.

Shely- Congrats, you should get the GC sometime next week

All- If you are still waiting on IL, hang in there. I know its very tough to wait but you all will be greened before the end of summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I Just received the GC in the mail :):). I am dancing in my pants right now. Its a great feeling and thanks to God for this moment and everything. I am glad this is over for the next 2 years. I am so happy and can focus now on achieving the American dream. Please let us not forget to file I-751 90 days before the card expires.

Thanks to all of you guys in this thread and the whole forum and thanks to immiresearch for starting this thread.

Now thats wassup!!! Congratulations and thank you for the contributions, inputs on this thread. Hopefully we will see again by 2013.