Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hi all, we are done with our interview :) what a refief! I will post the details when i get home.

The IO didnt say our case was aproved though. She said she was going to review the case in the afternoon and we would be getting a letter in the mail with her decision. Should i be nervous about it? :-s

My husband thinks we got this. The lady was very nice! :)

Will get back to you guys soon.:)

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Shely

Shely,

I bet you it mustbe great relief! Take a deep breath and I'm pretty sure you got this! keep us posted with any updates and stay positive :) spread the good news soon once u hear anything...good luck :)

hey everyone received my IL for 6/6...finally

@shely..Congrats u got this
@everyone else .Congratulation's again with your IL's..

Jan26-Uscis received package(I-485,130 and 765)
Jan30-received conformation
Feb3-received letter for Biometrics for 2/17
Feb 17- Biometrics done
Feb22-received RFE and send back same day
Mar 9-Ead in production
Mar 17-received Ead
May 4- received IL for 6/6

hey everyone received my IL for 6/6...finally

@shely..Congrats u got this
@everyone else .Congratulation's again with your IL's..

Jan26-Uscis received package(I-485,130 and 765)
Jan30-received conformation
Feb3-received letter for Biometrics for 2/17
Feb 17- Biometrics done
Feb22-received RFE and send back same day
Mar 9-Ead in production
Mar 17-received Ead
May 4- received IL for 6/6
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey Cassie, I'm glad to hear that you are getting through but what service center did you file with?

Hi all, we are done with our interview :) what a refief! I will post the details when i get home.

The IO didnt say our case was aproved though. She said she was going to review the case in the afternoon and we would be getting a letter in the mail with her decision. Should i be nervous about it? :-s

My husband thinks we got this. The lady was very nice! :)

Will get back to you guys soon.:)

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Shely

Going by the number of smileys on your post, I take it that the interview went pretty good for you. So congrats lady!!! We will love to hear the details. I won't be surprised if you receive your card production email by the end of the day.

Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

First, I would like to thank you all for the good wishes. I love this forum and helped me so much throughout the process. :)

Our interview was scheduled for 11:29 in downtown Chicago. As we live in the suburbs we left home at 9:45am. We parked the car, went through security and sat at the waiting room at 10:35 am. At 11:00 am the device we had in hands started to bip and I thought: "Oh God, this is it, that is not turning back!" A young lady (late thirties) was at the door waiting for us. She greeted us and took us to her office. She introduced herself and told us she was our interviewer and asked us to keep standing up so we could swear that we were going to tell the truth only the truth ;)

We were together the whole time. She didn't separate us :) She started asking my husband to confirm his name, address, parents' name, where he works, social security and where and when he married me. :) Then it was my turn to answer the exactly same questions. While she asked us she kept writing down on our forms with a red pen. She then asked us both where did we meet and when and if started dating right away. She then asked us to get all our original docs and then the copies we had made for her and put them in two different piles. She only took our original ones and made sure they matched with the copies we had submitted before. She didn't keep any of the copies we had for her. She asked us if we still planned on having our religious ceremony in July and we said yes. She asked if I got my advanced parole and I said that I got it on Saturday, even asked her if she needed my EAD card and she said no thank you. She then asked us to put away our originals and the copies and asked to see the pics. She took three of our pictures and our "save the date" card that states we are having our religious ceremony in my home country in July and a ceremony here in August. :) When she saw our engagement pics she said: Awwww, that's cute! ;) We said thank you and she said that she was going to review our case in the afternoon and if she needed any more documents or information from us, she would let us know through a letter in the mail. Then she said if nothing is missing I will be getting my green card in the next few weeks. She also reminded us that in 2 years we will have to reapply for the permanent resident card that will be valid for 10 years :) She asked if we had any questions and my husband asked if we were going to get any info through email and she said that probably not, that we would be getting any information through mail in the next few weeks. We thanked her and she walked us to the exit door.

Our IO was very nice. However she didn't maintain much eye contact with us. But, I liked her and thought she was very easygoing and not so formal. :)

I waited the whole day for an update on USCIS website, but nothing yet. I guess we will have to wait now. I am just relieved that the interview is over and was not bad. :)

I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything from them. :) Thanks again, for all the support! Wish you all the best of luck!!!

Best.
Shely

ASC: Naperville, IL DO: Chicago,IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card
Day 62: 04/30/2011 - EAD/AP received in the mail
Day 66: 05/04/2011 - Interview done.

Still waiting to hear anything:( 30 days is up next Tuesday..this is just neverending for us! (sigh)

CONGRATS SHELY!!!

Wonderful

Shely,

Glad to hear everything went well. It seems that the lady just informally said you got approved, she probably just wants to double check paperwork. Good news is coming soon. Best Wishes!

Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

First, I would like to thank you all for the good wishes. I love this forum and helped me so much throughout the process. :)

Our interview was scheduled for 11:29 in downtown Chicago. As we live in the suburbs we left home at 9:45am. We parked the car, went through security and sat at the waiting room at 10:35 am. At 11:00 am the device we had in hands started to bip and I thought: "Oh God, this is it, that is not turning back!" A young lady (late thirties) was at the door waiting for us. She greeted us and took us to her office. She introduced herself and told us she was our interviewer and asked us to keep standing up so we could swear that we were going to tell the truth only the truth ;)

We were together the whole time. She didn't separate us :) She started asking my husband to confirm his name, address, parents' name, where he works, social security and where and when he married me. :) Then it was my turn to answer the exactly same questions. While she asked us she kept writing down on our forms with a red pen. She then asked us both where did we meet and when and if started dating right away. She then asked us to get all our original docs and then the copies we had made for her and put them in two different piles. She only took our original ones and made sure they matched with the copies we had submitted before. She didn't keep any of the copies we had for her. She asked us if we still planned on having our religious ceremony in July and we said yes. She asked if I got my advanced parole and I said that I got it on Saturday, even asked her if she needed my EAD card and she said no thank you. She then asked us to put away our originals and the copies and asked to see the pics. She took three of our pictures and our "save the date" card that states we are having our religious ceremony in my home country in July and a ceremony here in August. :) When she saw our engagement pics she said: Awwww, that's cute! ;) We said thank you and she said that she was going to review our case in the afternoon and if she needed any more documents or information from us, she would let us know through a letter in the mail. Then she said if nothing is missing I will be getting my green card in the next few weeks. She also reminded us that in 2 years we will have to reapply for the permanent resident card that will be valid for 10 years :) She asked if we had any questions and my husband asked if we were going to get any info through email and she said that probably not, that we would be getting any information through mail in the next few weeks. We thanked her and she walked us to the exit door.

Our IO was very nice. However she didn't maintain much eye contact with us. But, I liked her and thought she was very easygoing and not so formal. :)

I waited the whole day for an update on USCIS website, but nothing yet. I guess we will have to wait now. I am just relieved that the interview is over and was not bad. :)

I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything from them. :) Thanks again, for all the support! Wish you all the best of luck!!!

Best.
Shely

Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card

Congrats Shely, i know its not offical yet, but i know you guys got it. Thank you for the the detailed description. @cassie - CONGRATS, wishing you all the best and you're giving me hope that I'll get my IL soon.

@MaraL - Hang in there. I know this waiting sucks.

Hope everyone is doing good!.

Thank you ALL!!! You guys are the best!!! I was a little nervous earlier, but reading your posts make me feel confident that we got this and soon we will be hearing from them. :)

The best of luck to you who are still waiting for the interview letter. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Have a wonderful night, everyone!!!

Best.
Shely

Shely - Congrats, you probably got approved.

I have not received any CPO email yet and its starting to feel very uncomfortable. The status on the uscis website still says "testing and interview". I dont know what is going on and I hope I get it before this week ends.

Immiresearch- Did you get a CPO yet?

@ shely

Congratulations and glad to hear the interview was positive

@ thomkip

Nope! not yet. The feeling is really unsettling. What do you think is the evidence of an approval on an interview day besides the CPO message? Can the IO possibly change her mind after telling us she would approve us? or verbal approval doesnt count? Too much thoughts runing through my mind. One thing though, there are bunch of people out there who doesnt even know anything about online updates or CPO for that matter, the only updates they know is what they recieve in the mail. So since the IO said within 30 days, may be we should be counting days and zero our minds from CPO message or any online updates. . .atleast that is consoling LOL

Shely, please, let us know if you get any news. I'm pretty much in the same situation here... Interview was super easy and fast, we had few laughs with IO. She asked basic staff and went thru applications with red pen. Took couple new bills and 3-4 photos. She took a look at my I-94 and both DL. Didn't take EAD or stamp anything in the passport. We thought it's just the beginning, but she got up, gave some of bills back to me and said: "I will need to do additional review, you will receive something in the mail in 2 weeks". I don't know what to think... No emails, no updates online... She was relatively young, around 30... Never touched her computer... Maybe just needed to show our file to supervisor... Waiting is hard...

Hi everyone.

Did any of you who already had your interview got your passport stamped? I did not! :s

@hhibea

Our interview was exactly the same :)

I think we are fine. I am still praying for all of us who are waiting the green card and for those who are still waiting the IL.:) Keep us posted as well, please.

Have a great day! Take care.

@ All

Congratulations to all who got their GC approved and good luck to all those who are waiting for an approval/EAD/IL's :)

Guys, does anybody know like your friends or relatives or anyone who filed I-485 from Washington DC field office? I just want to know how long the wait is to get IL...I tried researching many forums just to see or compare the timeline...unfortunately our field office is one of the busiest offices..so we don't know long it takes to get IL :( so I was wondering if I can find any prior applicants time line and see how many weeks or months took for them to get IL ...there are few VA filers but every one are in the same boat...

Any help or suggestions is highly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!!!!!

@ thomkip

Nope! not yet. The feeling is really unsettling. What do you think is the evidence of an approval on an interview day besides the CPO message? Can the IO possibly change her mind after telling us she would approve us? or verbal approval doesnt count? Too much thoughts runing through my mind. One thing though, there are bunch of people out there who doesnt even know anything about online updates or CPO for that matter, the only updates they know is what they recieve in the mail. So since the IO said within 30 days, may be we should be counting days and zero our minds from CPO message or any online updates. . .atleast that is consoling LOL

I just received the "Welcome to America" letter and we also received the I-130 approval notice:) :) :) :) :) Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It was a sigh of relief to see the letters. The crazy thing is that the uscis status still says "Testing and interview" for the I-485 and the I-130 is still at "Initial review" I hope to receive the GC next week. This is a sign that the GC is on its way.

Immiresearch- I guess you should not trust the online status updates. Hopefully the welcome letter and the GC are on the way.

All- If you are still waiting for the IL, hang in there it will come. It seems like people from Atlanta and Virginia DOs have to wait for about 5 months to receive the IL. That sucks but we will all be greened.