Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Of what I understand, you sent a response to the RFE (Request for Further Evidence) and the lawyer sent it to the MO address. Now the money has been cashed but do you have any confirmations if your I-485 supp A and translated BC have been received by them too?

You may wanna call the NSCS and confirm with them that those documents have been received by them too to be on the safe side & to avoid any delays in processing.

All the best!

hi, @Noella,

yes,the lawyer sent all the evidence that uscis asked to the MO address,but in the letter that i have received from the uscis asking for that RFE ,it was 3 pages 1 of 3 for the translated birth certificate,and
2 of 3 and 3 of 3 where asking to submit form i-485 supp A and of course the fee and all other documents.,now on that page 2 of 3 it was a po box address to chicago.,so i guess my lawyer sent all papers to MO.,so after
about 1 months,i have received again from uscis the envelope that we did not sent the papers in the right place ...,so now from that letter i was waiting just for a week for my lawyer to come to his office from travelling some where in the usa,and then
bingo,got the letter yesterday,the receipt for that i-485 supp that they start the process.also they took the $1000 fee for the i-485 suppA.,and right now i also got a email from uscis that they changed the "RFE to RFE response review" online.(today)

yap,i guess at this point i dont know exactly ,like for example the request for that birth certificate suppose to go to MO address and that where it was sent the hole package,now as for the i-485 supp A ,i guess they forwarded to the right dept.
but like you said,i better call to make sure,all papers are in the right place! i hate delays....

thank you very much!,
bosanci28

Hey guys!

Just some tit bits I wanted to share, I am planning to have a check list made as per the NOA I got for the interview and put the papers together accordingly.

My questions are these:

1) All documents establishing your eligibility for LPR status - what are these documents exactly? Of what I read it mainly means what can I show to be proved eligible for a GC through marriage and I would say that would mean my marriage license right?

2) Certified copy of marriage document - Do I need to take a copy of our marriage license and get the County Clerks office to certify it?

3) supporting evidence of relationship - what we have is a joint bank account (we recently converted his checking account into a joint account as I just got my SSN), the lease agreement which is on his name but I signed the agreement when we moved in, 2010 Tax return as we filed jointly, the satellite bill is in my name, the phone bills are in his name with him having the primary line and me being the secondary line, we also have loads of pictures (wedding, his mom's bday, sister in law's baby shower & the birth day, easter and other such family events). My worry is we do not have any sort of joint ownership documents or insurance documents. Should I get affidavits from family members in this case?

4) Original & copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application - This obviously means every document we submitted with the I-485, most of these documents like the medical report & affidavit of support are already ticked off as sent so I guess not much there to take.

I am sorry if I am blabbing too much, just wanna make sure we do not miss anything :)

No you are not blabbing Noella, it is called well preparedness in my book!

1. Your marriage certificate, your I-94 and generally your passport are what you need.

2. There is marriage licence as well as marriage certificate. Marriage licence is just a clearance that you could go ahead and get married while marriage cert. is a proof that you have married which i believe doesnt need any certification. We had both the marriage licence and marriage cert. on our interview day but the IO never check or even asked for it. She only had the copy we had sent along with the other documents and forms.

3. We didnt really have any joint ownership too like insurance etc, not even any insurance! The lease in both our names, joint checking a/c, electric bill in my name and cable bill in spouse name, and joint 2010 tax returns. Infact the IO was pleased when she saw the tax returns and commented "Good". We had other stuffs like furniture reciepts in our name, reciepts from mall and online (amazon) but the IO never asked nor checked them. So couple with pictures, i believe you are fine. Not every couple have insurance or drives for that matter and it doesnt mean their marriage is fake. I will advise to strategically arrange the pictures so that if the IO doesnt have the time to check all the pic (which is very likely), she will be able to see the convincing ones.

4. Yea but you can still have them with you cos you never know. I had my copy of medical reports with me on the interview.

Everything will be ok Noella. You will be suprise how easy it will be for you. . . Watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good News!!! My mother's interview is set for June 21st. It updated only just a short while ago. No more checking the online status 6 times a day. Yipee!!

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status
Day 68: 04/15/2011 - EAD/AP card Received in mail
Day 101: 05/17/2011 - Online Status showing IL date of 06/21/2011

Congrats buddy. . .Goodluck

@ musicaa

Goodluck on the interview.

Goodluck to those expecting updates. I pray it come soon and when it comes, it will be a positive one.

I just checked USCIS site. They're at March filers. For me, this gives February filers some hope that we'll get the NOA2 soon ^_^
March 31, 2011 touched.

Hey guys,

good news, my case status changed to Testing and Interview, I have my interview on June 21st. yeahhhhh. so excited and happy right now!!!!!

Thank you for everyone that has been such a help on this thread, you made this process so much easier!!!

Now its time to prepare!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

That's awesome news buddy :D

All the best for the preparation :)

Thanks immiresearch :D

This helps a lot, now I am a lot more clear in my mind of how my files will look.

Am so super excited, the Indian wedding preparations are full swing back at home and we are getting ready for this major interview....phew...what a month June will be...

Hey guys,

have a question. I had to renew my passport, its suppose to be done the same week that I have my interview. My question is, should I try and get my updated passport and bring it to the interview (they'll take my old passport), or should I wait till after the interview. Any suggestions?

@musicaa

This is great news! Congratulations on the IL. Good that things are moving forward with the Atlanta filers.

So when you renew your passport from your country's embassy, they take your old passport? This sounds strange because what happens with the visas which are stamped on them? In my interview I was asked to show the proof of my legal entry to the US. In such a case it would be better to wait for the renewal after the interview? Just a thought.

@induz_: they didnt take my old passport, but they said I will have to leave the old one, when I pick up the new one. So my question is, should I just wait because I came over here with my old passport and it shows proof that I came here legaly. (stamps etc.) The only reason I asked is, because I heard that when you get approved on the spot they stamp your passport, is that true?

@induz_: they didnt take my old passport, but they said I will have to leave the old one, when I pick up the new one. So my question is, should I just wait because I came over here with my old passport and it shows proof that I came here legaly. (stamps etc.) The only reason I asked is, because I heard that when you get approved on the spot they stamp your passport, is that true?

I think it will be a good idea to wait since your passport has proofs of your legal entry and the IO will most probably ask for it. As for passport stamping for spot approvals, they do that only if you plan to travel within 30 days of your interview since you mostly receive the GC in mail within 7-10 days.

I am still confused about your embassy asking you to leave your passport. Does that mean that you will never see your old passport again? That somehow doesn't sound right. What will you do if you have a visa which is valid more than your passport (mine was this case as my passport expires on Mar-2012 and my visa was valid will Jul-2012)?

Hey guys,

good news, my case status changed to Testing and Interview, I have my interview on June 21st. yeahhhhh. so excited and happy right now!!!!!

Thank you for everyone that has been such a help on this thread, you made this process so much easier!!!

Now its time to prepare!!!

I told you it wouldnt be long! Congrats, ill let you know how mine went and you can prepare accordingly! Also my friend has his on June 10th so we will be more than prepared for Atlanta.

@induz-: I still have my old passport, but it has been expired and I've been out of status, so thats probably why they want it. New for old exchange. You pretty much answered my question, thank you so much and sorry about the confusion.

@ctraquair - thank you so much!!! Good luck with your interview, cant wait to hear all about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved

I can't believe ............. USCIS site says :
"On May 17, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION ....."
12/21/2005 ~ LPR
05/05/2007 ~ Married
01/31/2011 ~ US Citizen
02/05/2011 ~ Mailed I-130
02/07/2011 ~ Package signed for at Chicago lock box
02/07/2011 ~ Priority date
02/10/2011 ~ NOA1 notice date
02/18/2011 ~ NOA1 hard copy received in mail
********** ~ Routed to California Service Center
02/18/2011 ~ Last Touched
05/17/2011 ~ NOA2

update.

some good news,

"On May 18, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

thank you.

ATL is moving!!!!

02/14/2011: Forms (I485-I130-I765) sent
02/15/2011: Form delivered
03/08/2011: Email received with receipt numbers for each form.
03/12/2011: NOAs Received for (I485-I130-I765)
03/21/2011: FP appointment letter Received, Dated 03/17/2011. (Appointment for 04/06/2011)
03/23/2011: FP Walking done!
04/08/2011: EAD Production Ordered (on 04/13/2011 they posted the same notice on the web)
04/18/2011: EAD Received
04/17/2011: Interview Date Set for 06/21/2011