Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Signature:

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization) EAD is under production :)

Thank you guys for your inputs and wishes, they are highly appreciated. Hopefully the rest of us waiting for our interviews will be as lucky as induz and JBlack. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

hi,
can anyone tell me if they had the "request of evidence" from uscis
and after you send all papers in and they have received it,how long it took in till they start processing?,like the "blue" thing to move when i check case online?
thanks to all!

Congratulations

Congratulations,

Very Glad to hear that the interview went smoothly!

Hi Everyone
So here is what happened at the interview...
The interview was at 8:30. We got there at 8:15 and were called in around 8:45.
The officer conducting the interview was a very friendly lady. After swearing us under oath she asked for our driver's licenses and passports. She made copies of our IDs and the visa pages in my passport (even my old J1 and F1 visas). She then told us she was going to go over the information in the I-130 & I-485.
She started by asking my wife her personal info (legal full name, DOB, address, etc.) She was marking off the I-130 as she was asking all the questions. She then got the I-485 and did the same thing. She asked all of the yes/no questions and marked them off as she went down the list.
After we were done with the forms she asked about how we met, how long we had known each other, when and where we got married, and about the trips we had taken together. We randomly took turns at answering the questions.
She then asked if we had any additional documents to prove our relationship. We gave her a copy of our latest bank statements, car insurance policies, and a car title. She put the documents in her folder and told us our application was approved :) . She said I should receive the GC in about three weeks and asked if we had any questions.
There were no trick questions and we were in the same room the whole time. The interview took only 10-15 minutes, we couldn't believe it!
When we were leaving her office she noticed the huge stack of documents and pictures we brought with us so she jokingly apologized for not looking at any of it.
I got a case update notification text on the drive home. I checked the online status and the I-485 had moved to card production :)
We're so glad it all went well. Hope everything goes smoothly for all of you guys.
Thank you all so much for all the help and good wishes. Please feel free to ask any questions.

hi,
can anyone tell me if they had the "request of evidence" from uscis
and after you send all papers in and they have received it,how long it took in till they start processing?,like the "blue" thing to move when i check case online?
thanks to all!
I had a RFE. After USCIS received my response (according to USPS) it took about a week for the online status to change to "Request for Evidence Response Review." The online status remained there until they scheduled my interview.

Hey guys...

Got my EAD in the mail this afternoon :D

Now to head out to get my SSN in place and get a job finally!!!!!!!!!!!

yemroy/abhiku - all the best for your interviews. We will keep you in our prayers & are sure that you both will sail through :)

All the best to everyone else too.... we all get one step closer each time!

Hey guys...

Got my EAD in the mail this afternoon :D

Now to head out to get my SSN in place and get a job finally!!!!!!!!!!!

yemroy/abhiku - all the best for your interviews. We will keep you in our prayers & are sure that you both will sail through :)

All the best to everyone else too.... we all get one step closer each time!

Thanks and Best of luck to you also..

This week can officially be declared as the Week of the Interviews for the February filers. 5 interviews within the next 3 days. I am thinking this will go very smooth for everyone.

Good luck to @yemroy, @abhiku, @immiresearch, @Gelia, @thomkip. You guys are gonna plough through the process in fine fashion. Keep us posted guys.

May the force be with you :)

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. I greatly appreciate that and you all will be the first to know how everything goes tomorrow.

Thank you!

All the very best @yemroy, @abhiku, @immiresearch, @Gelia, @thomkip You guys will do great..Keep us posted :)

Congrats Noella! Didn't I tell you it was on the way :p

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

When we checked the mail box initially at 12 it was empty so I told my hubby, well not today.

Then, at about 3pm the thunder storm was closing in so I told my hubby, just to be sure maybe we should check the mail once again - you know in case there is something and it gets wet!

My hubby knows how much I have waited to get to this point so he puts up with my antics all the time :)

We had a bunch of mail o_O and when I got to the priority mail envelope addressed to me, I could feel the card in there.

I literally "danced" right in the middle of the drive way when I opened the envelope and saw the card....lol! embarrassing but man was that a true expression of how I felt!

So yes induz you did say so :p and I never doubted you once buddy!!!!!

Guys,

Of what I am observing, the interview date is usually a month from the EAD arrival.

Any other experiences? My travel plans seem to be in a pickle now...although we will be more than thankful that we have my GC in hand before we travel!

abhiku and yemroy - Goodluck on your interview tomorrow guys. You have this in the bag :). We will have you guys on our thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it went.

abhiku and yemroy - Goodluck on your interview tomorrow guys. You have this in the bag :). We will have you guys on our thoughts and prayers. Let us know how it went.

Q: For those who already have experience going through this process

To which address the Biometric notice is mailed to,

the I130 petitioner's or the beneficiary's if they happen to live separate at the time of filing due to one being a student and the other on a job (OPT) elsewhere.

Appreciate your reply.

Q: For those who already have experience going through this process

To which address the Biometric notice is mailed to,

the I130 petitioner's or the beneficiary's if they happen to live separate at the time of filing due to one being a student and the other on a job (OPT) elsewhere.

Appreciate your reply.

The biometric appointment notice is mailed to the address of the person who filed for I-765 and I-485, i.e. the beneficiary (or spouse of the USC in this case).

hey guys,

have been quiet, no new updates, still waiting on my interview letter. Hope I will hear something soon.

I wanted to wish @yemroy, @abhiku, @immiresearch, @Gelia, @thomkip GOOD LUCK with the interview. You guys got this and I cant wait to hear all about it.

Goodluck tomorrow yemroy and abhikhu. By the grace of God, everything we be fine. God who had been with us since all this while will not desert us at this very last but crucial stage.

@ everyone
Thank you guys for all the wishes. Y'all have been so helpful with ur support.