Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Greeting folks,
I sent my parents I-130 application in Feb and so far i got the NOA on Feb 24th stating that they got the papers. Since then i haven't heard or gotten anything. I tried using the "Check my status" on the site and it shows nothing. My question is how long does it take for the approval to process? and is there an advantage sending I-130, I-485 package together separately? Does it make a difference if i do them separately?? Thanks

Hello, its been a long time since I updated my status. I just got an email saying that my EAD card is ordered for production. I see a lot of people getting their IL and EAD/AP these days. So great to see things go quite smoothly than I originally expected. Good luck to everyone!

Had the interview today ---- Case Approved! :)
Will post the details of the interview later today.
Thank you all for the good wishes.

Congrats man! Thats great buddy :) :) Now its the time to celebrate. Can't wait to read the details of the interview. I might have some questions for you.

Congratulations JBlack!!!!!!

another one walking on the clouds and taking us with him ;)

hopefully we are looking at many more such wonderful experiences in the coming weeks.

I have one question, status on my EAD - email that I got said they have mailed me a notice that they have approved my EAD, what's the deal with this notice???

Since I have not seen anyone get such a notice here so far I was just wondering.....

J looking forward to reading your experience :)

@thomkip

All the best for your upcoming interview buddy :) very excited and keeping you in our prayers....

@immiresearch

All the best for the upcoming interview :)

Awaiting all the wonderful tales you will have to share and praying it is all a super success for you & the family!

@Noella

When they say they mailed you a notice of approval, it just means they are mailing your card to you. There is no separate 797-A you will receive for EAD approval. USCIS online status is really confusing - for me at least.

Greeting folks,
I sent my parents I-130 application in Feb and so far i got the NOA on Feb 24th stating that they got the papers. Since then i haven't heard or gotten anything. I tried using the "Check my status" on the site and it shows nothing. My question is how long does it take for the approval to process? and is there an advantage sending I-130, I-485 package together separately? Does it make a difference if i do them separately?? Thanks

Hey JohnZ07,

I will not comment of what the process is when you apply for your parents since I am a GC via marriage case.

However, depending on the ASC/DO the processing can be determined on the USCIS website.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

The above link will give you a general perspective as they give you timelines depending on the category the application was filed under.

All the best & key to going through this whole process without going insane is patience :) for the support, we are all here!

@Noella

When they say they mailed you a notice of approval, it just means they are mailing your card to you. There is no separate 797-A you will receive for EAD approval. USCIS online status is really confusing - for me at least.

If that is true induz, I am doing the happy camper dance right now!!!!!!

Thanks for the information :) you made my evening!!!!!!!!!!!

@JBlack, thomkip

Congrats JBlack! Would love to hear your story!
Best of Luck Thomkip.....1 week to go!

Just reading through our thread here I realized we are gearing up for three back-to-back interviews :D

yemroy 04/27
immiresearch 04/28 and
thomkip 04/29

All the best to each and everyone of you, looking forward to your experiences....

Hope I did not miss anybody who is due for an interview this month!

@immig4us

Hope you have been doing good buddy! I am sure your IL should be on it's way soon. The IL they send does contain a list of all the documents they expect in the interview, but that is not the finite list. Usually they mention the originals of all the supporting documents you submitted along with your AOS package (birth certificates for both of you, driver's license, proof of citizenship, passports, employer letter, W2, 1040, all kinds of immigration documents that you have ever since you entered the US etc). Apart from this people do carry proof of living together - which includes and not limited to joint account documents, life and health insurance copies, least/joint home ownership proof, proof of any other property you have together, car's joint-ownership, pictures, car insurance copies and the list can go on. Basically the more proofs you have the better your case is. We were even asked if we have the same keys to our home. Luckily I had read about that the morning of our interview and I asked my wife to specifically carry her set of keys with her to the interview because whenever we go out together, she leaves her keys back home. The interviewer didn't ask to see both the keys but it's good to have everything rather than going back to submit the proofs. So yes, go through your pile of mails for the past months and pick up all the letters, joint statements, insurance card you have received. I did not carry tons and tons of documents but did carry some significant ones. They were never asked for but they are all nice to have sort of documents.
Hope this helps.

@induz

Thanks a lot for the detail info. Once I get my IL may be I might have some more questions while preparing for an interview but thanks for all the details.

Congrats JBlack , can't wait to hear yet one more successful story :)!!!!

@Noella Even I'm in the same boat, I got couple of emails from USCIS saying that my case was approved and mailed my Notice, but as @induz mentioned we gonna get direct EAD card there will be no I-797 notices....I agree with you induz, USCIS online status is really confusing:confused:

@Everyone

Have a great weekend!!

Just reading through our thread here I realized we are gearing up for three back-to-back interviews :D

yemroy 04/27
immiresearch 04/28 and
thomkip 04/29

All the best to each and everyone of you, looking forward to your experiences....

Hope I did not miss anybody who is due for an interview this month!

Thanks for the wells wishes Noella. There are more people that will be having interviews next week. Good luck to all of us. Here is the list for the people that had interviews in April for the Feb filers

induz-April 7th- Approved - GC received
JBlack-April 22nd- Approved
yemroy-April 27th
abhiku-April 27th
immiresearch-April 28th
Gelia- April 28th
thomkip- April 29th