Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Had the interview today ---- Case Approved! :)
Will post the details of the interview later today.
Thank you all for the good wishes.

Congratulations JBlack!!! :)

Can't wait to hear how your interview went! Keep us posted please. ;)

Good evening everyone!!!

I have some updates on my status :) Today I got an email and a text from USCIS saying that my Travel Document and my Employment Authorization were approved and my EAD is under production :) I was a little worried because it was taking longer than I expected, but now I am relieved :)

Good luck to all of you who will be having your interview next week. My prayers are with all of you. :)

Have a great weekend, you all! Happy Easter!!!

Shely

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization) EAD is under production :)

I have a question for you all...some immigration attorney told my husband that he will get the greencard in the mail without an interview since we had a interview before they approved our I130 last March. Is that true or have you ever heard that? I haven't and I think it got my hubby's hopes up. He claims that when you file the forms together (I130 &I485) that you have to have an interview but since we already got the Visa petition approved & had an interview last year that we won't have a second one. I think the attorney is full of sh*t! I'm mad because my hubby believed him.

I have to admit i'm getting kind of anxious again..and I honestly think that when we have our interview that we will get "drilled" and I will be so ready for it!

Sorry about my ranting guys:)

Anyways, good luck to everyone that has their interviews this upcoming week..we're rooting for you:)

Hey guys,

so I received my EAD card today. So it was definitely a "Good Friday". Now, all we need is our interview letter, I just hope it wont be too long.

CONGRATS JBlack, cannot wait to hear all about your interview.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Hi Everyone
So here is what happened at the interview...
The interview was at 8:30. We got there at 8:15 and were called in around 8:45.
The officer conducting the interview was a very friendly lady. After swearing us under oath she asked for our driver's licenses and passports. She made copies of our IDs and the visa pages in my passport (even my old J1 and F1 visas). She then told us she was going to go over the information in the I-130 & I-485.
She started by asking my wife her personal info (legal full name, DOB, address, etc.) She was marking off the I-130 as she was asking all the questions. She then got the I-485 and did the same thing. She asked all of the yes/no questions and marked them off as she went down the list.
After we were done with the forms she asked about how we met, how long we had known each other, when and where we got married, and about the trips we had taken together. We randomly took turns at answering the questions.
She then asked if we had any additional documents to prove our relationship. We gave her a copy of our latest bank statements, car insurance policies, and a car title. She put the documents in her folder and told us our application was approved :) . She said I should receive the GC in about three weeks and asked if we had any questions.
There were no trick questions and we were in the same room the whole time. The interview took only 10-15 minutes, we couldn't believe it!
When we were leaving her office she noticed the huge stack of documents and pictures we brought with us so she jokingly apologized for not looking at any of it.
I got a case update notification text on the drive home. I checked the online status and the I-485 had moved to card production :)
We're so glad it all went well. Hope everything goes smoothly for all of you guys.
Thank you all so much for all the help and good wishes. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow JBlack! That sounds like a very easy interview after all the birth certificate drama. Am really happy for you and hope you enjoy the moment, hopefully the rest of us will be as lucky as you guys. If you dont mind me asking, how long you ve been married and were you out of status?. . .Congratulations buddy!

@ Noella

Thank you so much for the wishes Noella. We shall all be happy at the end of this journey. It is disheartning not to be coming on this thread and contribute as i had anticipated but as long as we all got greened at the end, no qualms. Thank you again

@thomkip

Hi buddy, i just notice that you are the only person on this thread having your interview on 29th. Dont worry induz and JBlack had set a good precedence.

induz-April 7th- Approved - GC received
JBlack-April 22nd- Approved

yemroy-April 27th
abhiku-April 27th
immiresearch-April 28th
Gelia- April 28th
thomkip- April 29th

Hi guys i want to know your opinions about utilities bill as proof of a bonafide marriage. Because our cable company said they cant put both our names on the bill, my spouse name goes on the bill without my name on it. For the electricity bills, we both had our names on the first bill we ever recieved from them but the problem was that they had my spouse's name messed up with both her maiden name and my last name as her last name.

So we called them and told them there was a mistake on my wife's name that we need to change it. The guy we spoke to told us he will rectify it, but to our suprise my wife's name was completely taken off the bill and since then we were not able to put it back because of her schedule at work. Do you think is really important to have BOTH our names on a bill or is fine like that. I am signatory to the cable accout and infact there are some reciepts i recieved when i made some changes to the account like when we changed the standard boxes to HD, add more boxes etc. All these shows my signature. Do you think that is good enough?

@immiresearch

Looking at JBlack's and my interview experience, I think the officers will dig into such detail only if they are not convinced in the first 5-10 mins. Since you guys have a marriage based on love, it will be a piece of cake for you. For both the interviews on this thread, no supporting documents were asked for.

As far as proof for bonafide marriage goes, there is no defined list for that. Having utility bills is good too but that might not convince the officer and he might want to look at joint financial documents. When we went for our interview, I did not have any joint utility bills since I have been renting my place before I got married so everything was on my name and I never added my wife to those until we moved a month back. However I did have joint bank statements, joint car loan and ownership, life insurance having my wife as the beneficiary, renters and car insurance etc. The officer never asked for any of it.

So the cue is, take whatever you can, but don't worry if a few utility bills don't have both your names on them. And it's highly likely that they will never be asked for :)

Good luck buddy! You will cruise through it alright.

@shely, @musicaa

Congratulations on your EAD progress guys.

@shely -good luck with the interview!

hey guys!!!!

loads of good news and updates here for all of us so on that note, have a super weekend and happy easter to one and all... :)

JBlack- That is great man. Hopefully I get the same lady or someone as nice as her. Was is busy when you got there? Were there other couples to be interviewed? It seems like your interview was very straightforward.

Immiresearch- Dont worry about not having both names on the utility bill. You can actually ask the company to write a letter for you stating that both you and your spouse own the bill. For instance, my bank does not support bank statements with both names. I was really pissed but there is nothing we could do. They have written a letter stating that me and my spouse own the account and we are both signatories.

Everyone- Happy Easter and hope for some progress for all of us

Jblack--How does it feel knowing you'll have your GC in a few weeks?

Thomkip--Good Luck! My fingers are crossed for you!

Happy Easter to everyone!

Immiresearch - As induz mentioned earlier I don't think the utilitie bills are a big deal. The documents I gave the officer during the interview were all we had with both of our names. We have been married for almost four months so we don't have a lot of assets/bills together. I wasn't out of status so she took my I-94 at the end of the interview and said I wouldn't need it anymore. Good luck on your interview next week!

Thomkip - The interview was definitely straightforward. The office wasn't very busy. There were maybe 15 other people but from what I noticed most of them were there for biometrics. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones there for an interview. I'm sure you guys will get someone as nice as the lady that conducted our interview. Good luck!

MaraL - It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's so nice to know I don't have to worry about it for almost 2 years. I'm sure you'll be in the same situation sooner than you think. Good luck with everything.

Everyone - Congratulations on the progress and good luck to the five of you that have interviews next week. Hope we can keep this thread on a roll!

Update from my side: EAD/AP received today.

Thanks for sharing your experience JBlack! looks like it went pretty smooth :) Good luck to those who got upcoming Interviews, wish you all good luck!!