Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

No change

Same here

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status
Day 68: 04/15/2011 - EAD/AP card Received in mail

hey guys,

have been quiet, no new updates, still waiting on my interview letter. Hope I will hear something soon.

I wanted to wish @yemroy, @abhiku, @immiresearch, @Gelia, @thomkip GOOD LUCK with the interview. You guys got this and I cant wait to hear all about it.

It was like a war! My interview lasted for 2hrs total and he put me on hold for 2weeks, that we should expect his decision in the mail! Details later; I have headache right now.

Thank you all!

@yemroy

I am sorry to hear your interview was not as smooth as we all were expected to be. Let's just pray that in two weeks you get your green card approved.:)

Take your time to share your experience with us. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care.
Shely

all

I have received email from USCIS that my I-485 has been approved and the card has been sent for production.

Interview details to follow in the next 5hours. Again, thanks to you all.

No Updates Either,,,, dead silent since March 11 :(

I did see my Wife for a week and that was nice. She has been worried non-stop about everything but mostly her english skills for the interview too which I replied that she only needs to give honest answers and that is all. Since we can manage to communicate it would be ok for the iterviewer as well I hope. Not sure that it is correct information but that made her feel better.

all

I have received email from USCIS that my I-485 has been approved and the card has been sent for production.

Interview details to follow in the next 5hours. Again, thanks to you all.

Congratulations man!
I'm sorry the interview wasn't as easy as you expected it to be but the important thing is that your case got approved. Hopefully we'll have our GCs in the next couple of weeks.

@yemroy...congrats after all the stress during your interview. Thank goodness the end result was what you wanted. Looking forward to the details later :)

@yemroy

Congrats on the approval man! I am glad that you received the email by the end of the day :)

It is always possible for the interview to heat up keeping in mind the gravity of the process. I don't know your experience yet, but I am sure the IO was just doing his job. So don't take anything personally and savor this moment. From my experience, it wears of pretty quickly and life gets back to normal. Get out and celebrate tonight.

Congrats again!!

update on the interview today..Interview was at 11:15AM, reached there at 11:10AM and was called around 11:25.

officer asked to raise right hand and sworn the statement. He asked me whether I have my original birth certificate. I handed over my birth certificate, since it didn't have my mother's name and my name on it, he said how do I know this is yours and she is my mother. I said, this is how they use to register birth record before 1980, there is no standard practice of registering birth across India and according to hindu customs child name is not selected at the time of birth. I said this is same birth certificate which was accepted by USCIS along with affidavits, for my PR petition back in 2001.

He asked me whether I'm willing to take DNA test. I said Sure NP.

later he asked me to translate few standard question for my mother, where do she live, how long etc. etc.

Then he wrote some note (I was looking at it) that same certificate was accepted in by USCIS along with affidavits for my petition. and he said he is going to approve this case and card will be in the mail by two weeks.

Thanks all for the wishes,
Wish you all the best.

email came at 2PM PST...

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On April 27, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

@ abhiku and yemroy

Congratulations guys. Am so happy for you guys. A you all have scale through this, may the rest of us on this thread experience the same success.

To yemroy, the CPO message must have come at the right time having been grilled for 2hr during the interview.

@ all

DO you think is really compulsory to go in with a photo album or a photo book rather than the pictures in a walgreens envelop? We have our printed pictures, including the wedding pictures, in an envelop. Is that ok?

@ all

DO you think is really compulsory to go in with a photo album or a photo book rather than the pictures in a walgreens envelop? We have our printed pictures, including the wedding pictures, in an envelop. Is that ok?

We took ours in the Walmart envelop too, and offered the IO to take the whole set. He declined. Politely.

Good luck with your interview immiresearch! You should cruise through just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yemroy, abhiku - Congrats on the approval guys.

Immiresearch and Gelia- Goodluck on your interview tomorrow. I hope that all goes well and keep this thread rolling. Our prayers are with you.

Immiresearch-I think its better to have it on an album because it is easier to view the photos. But the most important thing is that you have them. I dont think the IO will take it badly if you have the photos in an envelope.

email came at 2PM PST...

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On April 27, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

That is awesome Abhiku! Congratulations to you and your mother!

We got to the interview 30mins before the scheduled time, 11am. We were called in by a white guy around 11am. He swore us in and he looked at all my paperworks thoroughly. From his look, he's intelligent, thorough, and perspicacious.

There were some very glaring red flags on my case, both on my side and that of my wife. I would like to keep those reasons private.

He interviewed us together for about 20minutes. After that, he seperated us. My wife was taken to a room and he started on me. I was grilled for 1hr on so many different types of questions. He carefully took his time and he exhausted about 5pages of A4 paper. When he was done with me, he instructed me to leave my all my stuff on his table and then called my wife in. She was grilled for 40mins. While she was with him, he took my I-20, I-94, and the joint bank statement.

Fortunately, we proved our genuiness. In fact, no fake couples could pass the test he gave us. Finally, he said he would review my case and send us his decision in the mail in 2weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@yemroy..congratulations..the hard work was worth it..
Jan26-Uscis received package(I-485,130 and 765)
Jan30-received conformation
Feb3-received letter for Biometrics for 2/17
Feb 17- Biometrics done
Feb22-received RFE and send back same day
Mar 9-Ead in production
Mar 17-received Ead

@yemroy and @abhiku

Congratulations on having a successful interview and having your cases approved!!!! Happy for you both!!!

@immiresearch and @Gelia

The best of luck to both of you on your interview tomorrow. Can't wait to hear your successful stories as well!!! Everything will be just fine! Believe it!!!!

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card :)

We got to the interview 30mins before the scheduled time, 11am. We were called in by a white guy around 11am. He swore us in and he looked at all my paperworks thoroughly. From his look, he's intelligent, thorough, and perspicacious.

There were some very glaring red flags on my case, both on my side and that of my wife. I would like to keep those reasons private.

He interviewed us together for about 20minutes. After that, he seperated us. My wife was taken to a room and he started on me. I was grilled for 1hr on so many different types of questions. He carefully took his time and he exhausted about 5pages of A4 paper. When he was done with me, he instructed me to leave my all my stuff on his table and then called my wife in. She was grilled for 40mins. While she was with him, he took my I-20, I-94, and the joint bank statement.

Fortunately, we proved our genuiness. In fact, no fake couples could pass the test he gave us. Finally, he said he would review my case and send us his decision in the mail in 2weeks.

Congratulations buddy! Is there any point during the interview where the IO asked for the copy of all the forms (like I-130, I-485 etc) submitted? Do you even went to the interview with them?

immiresearch

No, he did not asked for the copies of the forms. Also, I did not go with any copies.

Goodluck!