Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Congratulations to @abhiku and @yemroy

Good luck to @immiresearch and @Gelia...you guys will do just fine! can't wait to hear your stories :)

yemroy - Congratulations buddy!!!!!

Having a difficult interview but yet getting the approval, only stands to show, that as long as you are well prepared for the interview the IO can try every angle and yet find nothing wrong with the petition :)

Hope you & the Mrs. celebrate your victory in grand style ;)

My case will be equally complicated if not more, but we will ensure that we are well prepared and carry each and every document possible!

I am gonna get my SSN on Monday and I already have a job, starting next week (temporary due to my impending travel plans) in hand. We plan to convert my hubby's account into a joint account.

abhiku - congratulations to you and your mom! I am glad things went smoothly for the both of you :)

No Updates Either,,,, dead silent since March 11 :(

I did see my Wife for a week and that was nice. She has been worried non-stop about everything but mostly her english skills for the interview too which I replied that she only needs to give honest answers and that is all. Since we can manage to communicate it would be ok for the iterviewer as well I hope. Not sure that it is correct information but that made her feel better.

Hey!

I noticed that your 30 days time has passed, why dont you try calling the NCSC and see what they have to say?

As far as your wife's English speaking skills are concerned, as long as she can understand what the IO say's or on the flip side you can translate it for her and respond accordingly, you guys will be fine.

The only time the IO insists there is an interpreter is when the individual in question con not communicate in English at all.

All the best to the both of you!

I am sorry you had to go through the tough interview but whats important is that it was approved. Congratulations and I am sure you are glad that it is over!

immiresearch

No, he did not asked for the copies of the forms. Also, I did not go with any copies.

Goodluck!

Hey guys, we are getting ready to head out to the DO now. We will sleep at a hotel then go to the interview tomorrow morning. It is 4 hrs away from where we live. Wish us luck and keep us on your thoughts and prayers.

I probably wont be posting anything until after the interview. I hope that Immiresearch and Gelia will have some good news today.

Best of LUCK thomkip...you'll be in our thoughts!!

Immisearch & Gelia-Can't wait to hear you stories!

Can anyone answer a question for me? Does anyone know if we will have to have a 2nd interview for our I485? We had one last year for our I130 since we filed that first and now our I485...that is the big question!

Also, for everyone that already had an interview..did they ask if you made a wedding? If you haven't-was that a issue during the interview? We did a courthouse wedding with dinner afterwards but plan on doing the fullblown wedding in our home country since my hubby has no family here and more of my family is in Serbia too. Just wondering if that could potentially be a problem if we have another interview!!

Thank you everyone for all your support through this roller coaster ride!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!

Sorry I've been MIA! Just had my interview today and got approved!!! Woot Woot!!

Thank you for all your well wishes! It truly means a lot to me!

So our interview was scheduled for 2:15 today. We were running a little late coz hubby got caught up at work! However we got to the parking lot at 2:05 and while we were walking to the Federal Plaza, it was soooooo windy that my interview letter flew out of my hand!!! I know I was careless and should have kept the letter in my purse but we were in a hurry so I thought to just hold it in my hand. Bad idea! My husband freaked out and ran fast to grab it but the letter kept flying away because the wind was so strong! Finally, it got stuck in the bushes right in front of the Plaza and my husband grabbed it really fast!! Whew so that was a relief! By the time we got inside it was 2:17!! We checked in and the officer told us to go to the second floor and sign in my name in the waiting room. We got to the 2nd floor and I signed myself in, expecting to be waiting for at least half an hour. But fortunately, as soon as my husband and I took a seat, we got called in. Our interview officer was a lady and she was really sweet! Very mellow and easy going!! We were both called in at the same time and took our oath. Then she proceeded to verify everything in our application which took about 10 minutes. Then she asked us how we met, where our legal ceremony was and where our religious marriage was held. She asked us details about our religious marriage like how many people attended the wedding, were both our families there, who paid for the wedding, where it was held etc. Then we showed her pics from our religious marriage.

She then asked about our legal ceremony and who attended that. Since the legal ceremony was just a formality for us, only my parents were there. She asked why my husband's parents weren't there but we explained that since my parents live close by they came to witness the ceremony and my husband's parents couldn't come since they live 6 hours away from us.

Then she asked if we had taken any trips together and we had gone to Hawaii in October for our honeymoon so we showed her our honeymoon pics. She then asked if we had any other documentation showing joint ownership and we gave her our joint car insurance policy and copies of all our joint bank accounts. The utilities are all in my husband's name so we couldn't offer any joint bills. She asked what utilities bills we got and I mentioned the electricity, gas and cable company names. And then she asked if we have cell phones and a family plan. We told her yes we do. Then she also asked how many cars we own and whose names the cars were under. We own two cars and one is under my husband's name and the other is under my husband's company name. Finally, she asked how we got here today, who drove and what time we left the house. That was weird but I guess she was trying to see if we came together and are living together. Oh and she asked how often we see our families and if we go together to visit them. She also inquired about my profession and asked if I was planning on working here. I told her since I just received my work permit 2 weeks ago, I was in the process of looking for work.

The whole interview took 20 minutes at most! I have literally written down everything she asked. She was very receptive to our answers and very respectful! Honestly, our legal ceremony just happened in Dec.2010 and we only have joint bank accounts, joint car insurance policy and a joint lease plus our wedding and honeymoon pictures. I know people have joint utility bills, joint health insurance, joint car ownership etc. so I was a bit nervous about our lack of joint assets even though we have a bona fide marriage and are very much in love! It takes time to put your name on everything and I've only been in the US for 5 months!

Anyways she was happy with everything we told her. She asked if we were planning on traveling in the next 10 days and my husband told her we wanted to go to Toronto this weekend to visit family. So she told us that in that case, she would stamp my passport and I would receive the green card within 10 days. She took my joint EAD/AP card, made a photocopy of both our drivers licenses, my passport and the pictures we submitted. She told us to sit in the waiting room while she went to make the copies and stamp my passport. We waited another 10 minutes, she called us back in and handed us back everything. She wished us well, we thanked her and that was it!

I am so glad the whole process is over. I wish you all the very best and may you all reach the finish line very soon!! I'll remember you in my prayers!

To all those, who have already been approved, congrats!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Gelia!

Every single time we have another success story added to our group here, it gives the rest of us in the waiting some more hope that down the line, eventually, we will all reach that one last step to "worry free" days ;)

All the best to each and everyone here...

@Gelia

Congratulations lady! You should be so happy it is all over now!!! I am glad the interview went so smooth for you. It really helps to calm our nerves if the IO is receptive and respectful and yours was! Yipee! Enjoy this moment and good luck with your job search. Thanks for sharing your experience.

This thread is on a roll. I hope and pray everyone's petition gets approved without any hiccups.

Congrats again!!!

Waiting for hear from immiresearch now.

@thomkip

Good luck for tomorrow buddy. I don't know if you will be reading this before your interview tomorrow, but we sure have you in our prayers. Wise decision to drive to the DO's city a day before and be completely rested and calm before the interview. I hope you have taken everything needed for tomorrow with you. Good luck again. Can't wait to hear more good news.

Congrats Gelia.

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been MIA! Just had my interview today and got approved!!! Woot Woot!!

Thank you for all your well wishes! It truly means a lot to me!

So our interview was scheduled for 2:15 today. We were running a little late coz hubby got caught up at work! However we got to the parking lot at 2:05 and while we were walking to the Federal Plaza, it was soooooo windy that my interview letter flew out of my hand!!! I know I was careless and should have kept the letter in my purse but we were in a hurry so I thought to just hold it in my hand. Bad idea! My husband freaked out and ran fast to grab it but the letter kept flying away because the wind was so strong! Finally, it got stuck in the bushes right in front of the Plaza and my husband grabbed it really fast!! Whew so that was a relief! By the time we got inside it was 2:17!! We checked in and the officer told us to go to the second floor and sign in my name in the waiting room. We got to the 2nd floor and I signed myself in, expecting to be waiting for at least half an hour. But fortunately, as soon as my husband and I took a seat, we got called in. Our interview officer was a lady and she was really sweet! Very mellow and easy going!! We were both called in at the same time and took our oath. Then she proceeded to verify everything in our application which took about 10 minutes. Then she asked us how we met, where our legal ceremony was and where our religious marriage was held. She asked us details about our religious marriage like how many people attended the wedding, were both our families there, who paid for the wedding, where it was held etc. Then we showed her pics from our religious marriage.

She then asked about our legal ceremony and who attended that. Since the legal ceremony was just a formality for us, only my parents were there. She asked why my husband's parents weren't there but we explained that since my parents live close by they came to witness the ceremony and my husband's parents couldn't come since they live 6 hours away from us.

Then she asked if we had taken any trips together and we had gone to Hawaii in October for our honeymoon so we showed her our honeymoon pics. She then asked if we had any other documentation showing joint ownership and we gave her our joint car insurance policy and copies of all our joint bank accounts. The utilities are all in my husband's name so we couldn't offer any joint bills. She asked what utilities bills we got and I mentioned the electricity, gas and cable company names. And then she asked if we have cell phones and a family plan. We told her yes we do. Then she also asked how many cars we own and whose names the cars were under. We own two cars and one is under my husband's name and the other is under my husband's company name. Finally, she asked how we got here today, who drove and what time we left the house. That was weird but I guess she was trying to see if we came together and are living together. Oh and she asked how often we see our families and if we go together to visit them. She also inquired about my profession and asked if I was planning on working here. I told her since I just received my work permit 2 weeks ago, I was in the process of looking for work.

The whole interview took 20 minutes at most! I have literally written down everything she asked. She was very receptive to our answers and very respectful! Honestly, our legal ceremony just happened in Dec.2010 and we only have joint bank accounts, joint car insurance policy and a joint lease plus our wedding and honeymoon pictures. I know people have joint utility bills, joint health insurance, joint car ownership etc. so I was a bit nervous about our lack of joint assets even though we have a bona fide marriage and are very much in love! It takes time to put your name on everything and I've only been in the US for 5 months!

Anyways she was happy with everything we told her. She asked if we were planning on traveling in the next 10 days and my husband told her we wanted to go to Toronto this weekend to visit family. So she told us that in that case, she would stamp my passport and I would receive the green card within 10 days. She took my joint EAD/AP card, made a photocopy of both our drivers licenses, my passport and the pictures we submitted. She told us to sit in the waiting room while she went to make the copies and stamp my passport. We waited another 10 minutes, she called us back in and handed us back everything. She wished us well, we thanked her and that was it!

I am so glad the whole process is over. I wish you all the very best and may you all reach the finish line very soon!! I'll remember you in my prayers!

To all those, who have already been approved, congrats!!!!
I'm so happy that you guys got through so quickly :D and successfully too. I however am still waiting for something from the USCIS office to show up. An I130 was filed for me under a K-4. We received the NOA1 for Feb 16. Check cashed about a week later, texts and email confirming everything but from then, we haven't received anything after and I'm a bit worried. I was told that there will be no biometric for a K-4 so an interview letter is the next thing we are to look out for. In 2weeks it'll be 3months and it gets me a bit depressed but reading that you guys got through makes me kind of happy. Congrats! :eek:

@gelia

congrats to you on the successful interview. What area are you located?

@thomkip.....all the best tomorrow

i-130 through LPR who became USC while case is pending

Hi guys
Could you help me with my case please. the thing is that on march 10th 2011 my husband has filled an i-130 form for me and sent it to uscis. we received the note that they had received our documents and they will let us know about any updates. yesterday my husband has become US citizen and we called to uscis to update the information upon our case, so that i dont need to wait for visa application approved in order to adjust my status (i-485 form). but they told us to wait up to 30 days they will contact us and only after that we should fill the i-485 form. is anybody familiar with such cases? should we wait or should we contact national visa center to update that information ? thank u in advance guys

@ Gelia

Congratulations!!!! What a relief, uh?! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :D

Next week is my turn and I am trying to be calm and very positive about all this. :cool:

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card

Sorry guys for updating you late. We had the interview today and we are approved!!! A relieve indeed!

The interview appointment was 1:30pm in the afternooon. The venue was not too far from where we live, so we left home exactly 12:50pm and got to the place like 1:15. By the time we got there, it was already raining so we rushed into the building. We passed through the security check, walked down the lobby area and jumped on the elevator. The appointment letter said we should come to 13th floor, so we headed straight to 13th floor. As we got to 13th floor, there was a young black security lady who asked for our appointment letter and IDs and asked if we have a lawyer to which we answered 'no'. She gave us back the int. letter and told us to proceed to the waiting room.

Before we left the house, me and my wife had discussed the possibilty of not getting called exactly 1:30 and that was what happened. Our appointment passed and nothing happened. By 2:00pm my wife had started getting impatient and falling asleep on my shoulder lol. Like some minutes after 2, my name was called, i woke my wife up and she was like "what?" - like why are you interrupting my sleep lol. I said we have to go in that we have been called, by this time the IO had already opened the door waiting for us. I grabbed her hand-bang along with the bag that contain our documents and headed straight to the waiting IO. As we joined the IO, she asked if we have a lawyer, we said no, she replied "good!" Dont know why she said that lol

As she was walking us to her office, i was saying to myself 'This is it!' Like is going to be what is going to be today. The IO was a white woman, should be in her 50s. She was
gentle looking. My wife said she had no ring on, i wasnt looking at that anyway.

So we got to her office where she swore us in before we could sit down. Then she asked for our IDs, i handed her my id and my wife couldnt find hers. I had put her id, debit card and ss card in her wallet for her before we left the house. I wanted to make sure we are not forgetting anything, so i told her to give me the wallet that i know where i put it. I grabbed the wallet and handed the id to the IO. She looked at it and said something about my wife's picture. I didnt understand what she was saying but that was it about that. Then she said to me "Do you come with the rest of the forms?" Before i could say anything she proceed "There are 2 other forms i was supposed to submit along with the one i submitted, you didnt know about that?" She said. I said 'No'

The truth was that i knew about the forms, they are form I-566 and I-508. Infact, i had form I-566 with me at the time but since she said she will give me the forms to filled before i leave, i knew it shouldnt be something serious so i told her i didnt know about it. Plus if i had told her i had form I-566 with me but no I-508 she might be asking more questions. The forms are for diplomatic people with A, G and NATO visa staus. I came here with A-3 visa and i did some research when i was preparing the application about wether is necessary to file the forms or not. From all the infos i gathered online and consultation with an immigration lawyer, i concluded not to file the form.

So after telling me she will print the forms for me to fill out, she asked when i entered the US, she asked if am still working with the consulate or not/ working at all to which i answered no. She asked if i had recieved my EAD, i said yes and she asked when? I just went blank as i couldnt remember the date i recieved my EAD, so as i was ruffling through my papers for the date (even though the date was at home lol), she just said the date. I knew she had all my information with during the interview but i never thought that IO will know when you recieved your EAD. The question was more of a confirming question rather than probing one though.

Then she asked me where i met my wife, she asked my wife why she think am the one for her. My wife responded and the IO was satisfy with her response. She asked both of us if we had marry before, we said no. She asked if we have kids together and we answered no. Asked about the relationship with my step daughter, we both put a facial expression like, 'Very good'. She said fine. After this, she asked if we have any document together, like lease, joint account etc. It was when i was trying to locate our lease when she asked me to gave her the whole bundle of the documents that she will take whatever she want from it. She saw the 2010 joint tax return and commented that 'Good!'. She picked the tax returns, joint account statements, cable bill in my wife name, electric bill in my name with same address and the lease. She gave me back the rest and asked for our wedding picture. I had evisaged the IO might not have the time to check all the pic so i had seperated and arranged the pics in such a way that the important/revealing ones are in the front because that IO should be comfortable and believe our marriage with which ever one she check. So she picked the front pictures where we were exchanging rings followed by the ones with family and friends. She only picked 2 and asked who was our joint sponsor. I told her.

She asked the yes/no questions and asked us if we are travelling in the next 30 days, we said no. She said she will approve us and she took my I-94, gave me the 2 forms to go and fill them in the waiting room that she will meet us in like 15-20 mins. She came back, collected the forms and told me they will have to send them to Department of state after which the DOS will return it back to them. She told us that we will recieve the green card in the next 30 days and she handed us 2 papers, one explaining the conditional green card that we must file form I-751 3 months before two years anniversary of my green card starting "today" i.e 28th april. The other paper was where she thicked the box that she doesnt required anything from us. She congratulated us and that was it.

The woman was nice and i felt like she had already made up her mind before calling us in. The whole interview thing took like 20min except that i had to filled out those two forms.

I thank God for His mercy and guidance. I appreciate the input and prayers and wishes of you guys. Thank you!

For those who are expecting their IL and preparing for their interview, everything will turn out just fine. Let's go people!!!

Congratulations @ Gelia and @immiresearch :)

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. This will definitely boost us some confidence level :)

@thomkip you will be doing great, and can't wait to hear your successful story :)

@Shely though we are in the same timeline, your process was really fast :) and you will be doing great in your interview, wish you all the best in your preparations :)