Any EB3 recevied RFE for their 485 applications?

chrislofter said:
Does anyone know whom does the INS send the RFI/RFE notice to.

Where did the I-485 receipt come, for you.. If it came to ur home address then RFE will come to your home address. If it had gone to attorney then even the RFE will go to his office.

Perhaps its a little early to ask, but has any anyone who has replied to their I485 RFE ( PD not current ) got any subsequent feedback from USCIS? This would start mattering once we apply for EAD\AP renewals and what USCIS had done with the RFE replies. Earlier they used to put everthing else on hold when they sent RFEs.

Also, does the RFE letter mention how much time they would take to arrive at a decision after receiving the RFE.

TIA.

Correction - 3 mails not 10

Hi friends,

Small correction. I got 3 and my wife got 3 emails.. Hoping it is a small RFE.

status changed on I-485

My attorney received RFE's for me and my wife.

Self RFE:
Proof of employment after H1B was expired.
Wife RFE:
Proof of marriage.

So I/attorney have send the evidence to INS. Today my status was changed:

Current Status:

On June 3, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

@gc_eb3
what did you send for proof of employment after H1B?

TIA.

Any anyone applied for EAD\AP after getting an RFE and what has been the outcome\message status? Could someone please respond if they have experienced this.

I got emails for a forthcoming RFE on the weekend. will post once I get the actual letter.

gc_eb3 said:
So I/attorney have send the evidence to INS. Today my status was changed:

From the time NSC received your packet, how long it took for status change.
What is the message they send.

Thanks

Quick Question - Please help

Hello Everyone!

I received 3 e mails on 5/5/06 stating that I have an RFE on my I- 485. Subsequently my lawyer sent me a scanned copy of my RFE which is a request for additional details about my vaccination. From your experience, when the CRIS sends out 3 e mails, does that mean 3 RFE ?. I have received only one RFE so far my lawyer.

Please share your experience

Thank you :confused:

nathan555 said:
Hello Everyone!

I received 3 e mails on 5/5/06 stating that I have an RFE on my I- 485. Subsequently my lawyer sent me a scanned copy of my RFE which is a request for additional details about my vaccination. From your experience, when the CRIS sends out 3 e mails, does that mean 3 RFE ?. I have received only one RFE so far my lawyer.

Please share your experience

Thank you :confused:

No, it does not mean 3 RFEs. CRIS system has a bug, it sends out multiple emails for one status change. I have seen people getting as many as 10 emails for one status change.

I have send the copies of my EAD for self RFE. for my wife, the copies of the Joint bank statement, federal tax filings and passport with my name as the spouse. We have got her new passport after our Marriage.

Well, it took around a week for the status change after INS received my package. Below is the online status change message

Current Status:
On June 3, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_eb3 said:
Current Status:

Thanks for the info... This might be a standard reply right... but what is meaning of the sentence ...
remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.

[ Did they state any time ]

Thanks

I did a casual scan for 485s around early 2004 receipts and found the same message for all RFE replies that they have recd. Basically, they have stopped giving time estimates for adjudication.

USCIS Initiates Preadjudication of I-485 is a good thing...

I got a RFE on EVL ...

Now in theory, if the Adjucator is statisfied with the reply .. he will move the application short of approval, in anticipation of the availability of a visa number.

But what if for some reason .. there is no visa number for 2 years from now... for my PD..

Will they issue another RFE on EVL then...

I hope it does not end up being like Biometrics ... with endless trip to ASC.

... just a thought.

BillToo..
thats a question we all have. In such a case, I hope they atleast adjudicate with the provision of stamping after PD becomes current. (seems like something of this sort had happened in the past).

I have read people getting RFE's with PD's feb 03, jun 03, aug 03. My PD is April 03. Should I be worried that I haven't got any RFE's based on the amount of RFE's NSC is generating ?

Does name check/security check has to be cleared to trigger an RFE ?

After reading this thread, I am not sure about my case. My PD is May, 2003. Seems people have got RFEs beyond that date as well. No news/updates on my case. Does that mean my application was perfect (can never assume that you all know that :)). My case was converted from EB2 to EB3. Something to do with that? Anyways, lets see what happens. Hoping for the best.

dcmetro22042 said:
After reading this thread, I am not sure about my case. My PD is May, 2003. Seems people have got RFEs beyond that date as well. No news/updates on my case. Does that mean my application was perfect (can never assume that you all know that :)). My case was converted from EB2 to EB3. Something to do with that? Anyways, lets see what happens. Hoping for the best.

Let me make a guess....

NSC does not go by PD in a strict sense.

They do it the order they received the application [ FIFO].
In the first run they just skipped all the applications and raced with only applications that have had visa numbers.

Now they start with this preAdjucation ... picking up all the left overs...

So I do think that here AD of 485 is more important than the PD.

Well this is just an guess .. lets see how this goes.

We also got the same standard reply from USCIS after submitting RFE details for my wife's case.

I believe they are making the file ready for a case and waiting for the Visa number for these kind of cases. This is just my guess becuase they have mentioned in the response some thing like "How ever because preliminary processing was complete".

----
On June 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
-----

-Ravi Surya.

Did you mean to say RD (Receipt Date) instead of AP (Approved Date)? If yes, then I might hear from them soon it seems. They're processing Aug, 2005 and my file was has RD of 9/22/05. Lets see. Thanks for the reply.

Billtoo said:
Let me make a guess....

NSC does not go by PD in a strict sense.

They do it the order they received the application [ FIFO].
In the first run they just skipped all the applications and raced with only applications that have had visa numbers.

Now they start with this preAdjucation ... picking up all the left overs...

So I do think that here AD of 485 is more important than the PD.

Well this is just an guess .. lets see how this goes.

Got RFE.

Folks,

They issued RFE on my non current EB3 485 with PD 07/2003 on 06/05/06. I haven't received the details and need to check with my lawyer..
No change in employer and only address has been changed..
Any guesses what could be the RFE?
And Do we get a copy of the RFE details?

Thanks in advance.
PBK