• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Oh thanks that explains it all :)
Don't u worry ur hubby will get his visa, because if it was a denial, they would of told him on the spot.
Congrats
And the CO would have given his passport back to him. The blue slip and the keeping of the passport means he was approved for the visa.

And the CO would have given his passport back to him. The blue slip and the keeping of the passport means he was approved for the visa.

Yes they wouldnt have kept his passport if he was denied ;-)
He will definetly enjoy the turkey in thanks giving with his wife :)

My spouse goes on visa interview: My spouse phones me to say that after several minutes, the officer called him back to the room, then asked for his passport. My spouse was then told, "Don't quit your day job" and handed a blue slip reading...."Visa Collection Ticket." It included my spouse's name, date and time to return. At the bottom of the slip, there is a disclaimer stating the candidate should not make travel arrangements until the visa is available; due to possible delays. I am fully aware of what the slip reads however, I believe I am perplexed by the officer's ending comment. It was like a curb ball and I just want clarity if possible. Can anyone chime in and provide me with their expert knowledge and insight. Fingers are crossed and my Faith lies in HIM! I am clinging onto the word of GOD!

Okay, thanks. I went online and read some many blogs indicating the blue ticket means denial. I guess what I forgot to include, which is relevant and salient is that the interview commenced in Accra, Ghana. Moreover, after speaking with some other Ghanaians, some informed me that my hubby should have been informed at the conclusion on whether or not he was approved. In my baby's case, he didn't hear anything of such. Then to add insult to injury, the officer concluded with sarcasm. But, you and others on this forum have given me sight of hope. I just wanted Ghanaians that have been through the process. Or other foreign nationals who also know of the "blue slip." Cheers!

Asking your husband to not quit his job following his interview, and after being giving the blue slip of paper with passport/visa pick up instructions is not being sarcastic IMO.

At the end of each interview, even if the CO categorically says "your petition has been approved, come back this afternoon or in a couple of days to pick up your visa", it is still possible for the applicant to find out they've been put on AP when they show up to collect their passport/visa. The biometric that is captured at the time of the interview is further used to carry out additional checks and if the biometric check returns with some sort of 'flag' which will require further checking, then the applicant with the so called "successful interview" will be put on AP pending the conclusion of the additional background checks to clear them. Because they are highly aware of this possibility, COs tell applicants to not quit their current jobs in their own best interest.

I am here in the States awaiting his arrival. They interviewed me via phone.

Do you mind shedding more light on this? What was the purpose of your phone interview? Was it for you as a derivative of his DV selection? Was it to confirm there's some sort of support available to him in the US?

Lil kay by God's grace your 42 days is now a day to go, woow how time flies. Man go get your approval and collection or possible collection date. Nyame ne hene .

Psalm 91:1-2
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall rest under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, my refuge and my fortress; my God; in Him I will trust.

May we continue to dwell in the presence of God now and even after we settle in US, do not forget your God when you are in America like some people do, for he is your refuge and fortress and him shall you only trust. God bless you family and have a blessed week.

Lil kay by God's grace your 42 days is now a day to go, woow how time flies. Man go get your approval and collection or possible collection date. Nyame ne hene .

Thanks gh50...for coming dis far with me. the journey has not been without its challenges.
am grateful for the thought...
will surely update you guys all ASAP.
Regards...

congrats to all those current am praying i will not miss the january bus as it happend for the december bus. lil-kay u av won the battle jux present urself for identification.God has dn it

thanx charle...sweet/encouraging words from you at a crucial moment as dis.

You are super cute, Vladek. I am elated! Pls pray for him. We are counting the days so, he can book a one way ticket direct to NYC.

Cheers for keeping me hopeful.

The officer called asking to speak with me. He asked me when I met my spouse, he stated I was previously married and I attested yes.
He asked if I was preparing for my spouse's arrival, he asked if my spouse would be residing with me, he asked why haven't i returned to Ghana to visit my spouse since our marriage last year. I answered yes to all questions then gave an explaination to why
I havent returned. I told him that we got married in July 2012, I returned to school full time for my masters while working full time.
Moreover, I stated that I was afraid to make any travel plans not knowing the way the process will turn out. I informed the officer that when I graduated, NVC still had not send the case to GH so, I had to wait in case they needed to correspond with me. The officer thanked me and we concluded the call. I was worried bc my spouse stated that the officer was concerned about my previous marriage to a nonimmigrant. My spouse stated the officer said it was funny. Then my spouse reported that my previous spouse and I met in New York. The officer had the impression that I went to Africa to get married. So, this is what occurred. I am wondering if the officer's superiors will want more answers or if they realize that this is an authentic marriage.

Yes, the interviewer wanted to know more about me preparing for his arrival, why I haven't returned to Ghana to visit him in the past 16months and he asked about my previous marriage.

Re:Administrative processing, I am aware of this process and this why I posed the initial concern. You have given me concrete facts regarding this process. So, this means we shouldn't celebrate for now, right? Na Wow....KILOSHELE???

The details of the phone interview has been posted; please reflect. Lastly, can you decipher what you are conveying with the numbers and letters-selected. Cheers!

Hello GH50,

Did you read the response I received regarding AP?

"IMO if he was given the visa collection ticket then there is no cause for worry. As for the disclaimer everyone who gets the blue slip for collection gets that information which is meant to shield the embassy from any liability so continue to give thanks to God for what he has done for you. All the best."

I am strong in my FAITH! This Too Shall Pass. He will be here with me...INSHALLAH!!

The officer called asking to speak with me. He asked me when I met my spouse, he stated I was previously married and I attested yes.
He asked if I was preparing for my spouse's arrival, he asked if my spouse would be residing with me, he asked why haven't i returned to Ghana to visit my spouse since our marriage last year. I answered yes to all questions then gave an explaination to why
I havent returned. I told him that we got married in July 2012, I returned to school full time for my masters while working full time.
Moreover, I stated that I was afraid to make any travel plans not knowing the way the process will turn out. I informed the officer that when I graduated, NVC still had not send the case to GH so, I had to wait in case they needed to correspond with me. The officer thanked me and we concluded the call. I was worried bc my spouse stated that the officer was concerned about my previous marriage to a nonimmigrant. My spouse stated the officer said it was funny. Then my spouse reported that my previous spouse and I met in New York. The officer had the impression that I went to Africa to get married. So, this is what occurred. I am wondering if the officer's superiors will want more answers or if they realize that this is an authentic marriage.

Oh I see. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems like your husband's visa interview is NOT DV based, rather it is marriage based, right?

Yes, the interviewer wanted to know more about me preparing for his arrival, why I haven't returned to Ghana to visit him in the past 16months and he asked about my previous marriage.

Re:Administrative processing, I am aware of this process and this why I posed the initial concern. You have given me concrete facts regarding this process. So, this means we shouldn't celebrate for now, right? Na Wow....KILOSHELE???

I do apologize, did not mean to alarm or cause your unneccessary anxiety with the AP bit, I was just trying to shed more light on some of the reasons they tell applicants to not make travel plans until they get their passports back with the visas in them. Remain positive and keep your fingers crossed till the date your husband has been told to return.

p.s. It helps other readers make more sense of your postings if you click on the "Reply With Quote" button that appears at the end of each post if your response is to a particular post.