• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Hello GH50,

Did you read the response I received regarding AP?

"IMO if he was given the visa collection ticket then there is no cause for worry. As for the disclaimer everyone who gets the blue slip for collection gets that information which is meant to shield the embassy from any liability so continue to give thanks to God for what he has done for you. All the best."

I am strong in my FAITH! This Too Shall Pass. He will be here with me...INSHALLAH!!

All is well,remain calm and stay blessed.

The officer called asking to speak with me. He asked me when I met my spouse, he stated I was previously married and I attested yes.
He asked if I was preparing for my spouse's arrival, he asked if my spouse would be residing with me, he asked why haven't i returned to Ghana to visit my spouse since our marriage last year. I answered yes to all questions then gave an explaination to why
I havent returned. I told him that we got married in July 2012, I returned to school full time for my masters while working full time.
Moreover, I stated that I was afraid to make any travel plans not knowing the way the process will turn out. I informed the officer that when I graduated, NVC still had not send the case to GH so, I had to wait in case they needed to correspond with me. The officer thanked me and we concluded the call. I was worried bc my spouse stated that the officer was concerned about my previous marriage to a nonimmigrant. My spouse stated the officer said it was funny. Then my spouse reported that my previous spouse and I met in New York. The officer had the impression that I went to Africa to get married. So, this is what occurred. I am wondering if the officer's superiors will want more answers or if they realize that this is an authentic marriage.

By this statement would we be wrong in saying that your husbands case is marriage based immigrant petition and if am not wrong its a k3 visa he would be given? God is in control

Lil kay, this is your day man so go for it. Stay blessed.

Thank gh50 for the thought and all wishing me well this morning. Currently am at home getting ready to set off in about an hours time. The appointment is fixed at 1pm.
I believe by 3pm I should be done. Stay tuned for the update!

Thank gh50 for the thought and all wishing me well this morning. Currently am at home getting ready to set off in about an hours time. The appointment is fixed at 1pm.
I believe by 3pm I should be done. Stay tuned for the update!

Wish you the best of luck mydear.

Waiting for positive response

Nice day

Oh I see. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems like your husband's visa interview is NOT DV based, rather it is marriage based, right?

I do apologize, did not mean to alarm or cause your unneccessary anxiety with the AP bit, I was just trying to shed more light on some of the reasons they tell applicants to not make travel plans until they get their passports back with the visas in them. Remain positive and keep your fingers crossed till the date your husband has been told to return.

p.s. It helps other readers make more sense of your postings if you click on the "Reply With Quote" button that appears at the end of each post if your response is to a particular post.

I appreciate all the substantial facts that you have enlightened me on, including how to maneuver this system here. I stand corrected...lol. Cheers! I am laughing bc normally, I am making the corrections. Love that...Cheers!

I appreciate all the substantial facts that you have enlightened me on, including how to maneuver this system here. I stand corrected...lol. Cheers! I am laughing bc normally, I am making the corrections. Love that...Cheers!

And yes, it is a marriaged based visa, luv.

By this statement would we be wrong in saying that your husbands case is marriage based immigrant petition and if am not wrong its a k3 visa he would be given? God is in control

Gh50, My faith is strong! And I am a loyal gal therefore, I will fight this til the end. I have always been a soldier and for my love...I am always prepared for War and God is firmly supporting me. In Jesus name...He will be here for Thanksgiving enjoying a vegetarian dinner! Cheers!

Sm1smom,

Thank you. I wanted to ask..where can I follow up on the status of the case now. Is it possible to look into any portal to keep abreast of the case? Thanking you in advance. Cheers!

Wish you the best of luck mydear.

Waiting for positive response

Nice day

Folks, I am back!
My AP is still not completed. I have been asked to re-appear in a Month's time, precisely on the 9th of December as seen in my signature.

EXTRACT:
1st Name mentioned to window 4:
Me: good afternoon
CO, (same CO who last interviewed me:) : good afternoon, how are u doing.
Me: fine thank u.
CO: Well, we still haven't concluded on ur case. We are satisfied with this document (returned my Univ Cert)
but we still need a little more time to work on the rest.
Sorry for the inconveniences created.
Me: what else can I say even if I was bored but to jus say: "DATS OK"
CO: so see u on Dec 9th At 1pm.

Folks, it seems it is a crime to have quite an extensive travel record and for that matter to be truthful to include all necessary documents supporting such records in your passports...ESP foreign police records. Be sure u will be scrutinized and grilled well well.
Not including such history too means concealing information vital for the processing as it can be detected in your previous passports if requested for inspection.
But once all my documents are genuine I have no fears...except for the fact that they are wasting my time and keeping me more tensed.
Boys abr3....lil-kay mabr3 rofffff......1 visa man wan take...hmmmmmmmm...
"42 days sef I wait then 27"
m3tw3n dodo....3ky3ky3ky3 s3 den Araaaa 3b3 ba!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, I am back!
My AP is still not completed. I have been asked to re-appear in a Month's time, precisely on the 9th of December as seen in my signature.

EXTRACT:
CO: Well, we still haven't concluded on ur case. We are satisfied with this document (returned my Univ Cert)

Folks, it seems it is a crime to have quite an extensive travel record and for that matter to be truthful to include all necessary documents supporting such records in your passports...ESP foreign police records. Be sure u will be scrutinized and grilled well well.
Not including such history too means concealing information vital for the processing as it can be detected in your previous passports if requested for inspection.
But once all my documents are genuine I have no fears...except for the fact that they are wasting my time and keeping me more tensed.
Lilkay, we are still hopeful for your case. Sometimes things do not work as we expect but God will make way, there is light at the end of the tunnel. God bless you brother, thank you for the update.

Folks, I am back!

EXTRACT:

Ah asem b3n kuraa nie, 1 visa man go get and this go and come,go and come saa,Man we all with you in this and we all have this firm belief that it is well. But it looks so unfair but as you know Nyame ne hene nti no fears.

Folks, I am back!

EXTRACT:

Lil, God's time i always say is the best. He is delaying and preparing u for something wonderful in USA. Trust and believe this: things will be so so smooth for u when u get there. U keep sucking the palm-nut soup bcos u will miss those local dishes when u go....Lol

Folks, I am back!

EXTRACT:

lil-kay,
ooooooohhhoo! Haba! Only one visa, see how they are making boys suffer?
Don't worry all the same, even though I know it's not easy to wait that long. I am sure God has a reason for this, since he never makes a mistake.
So long as you've not been given the "red card", there is still HOPE. Hope is one thing we should never loose. It is well with you my brother. But still Boys abr3 too much;)

Folks, I am back!

EXTRACT:

Its gonna be okay bro..