• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@abi328 , if you real want help about this case please tell us the truth ( like i posted befor)
what kind of birth certificate you have ? is it legal ? or valid ?
like i said telling the truth helped all us here and during the interview.
To be honest , i don't think you have the legal birth certificate , please please please try to get it legal certificate from ' kebele' then certify it at sub city and authentic it at MoFa.
Easy and won't take more than 2hrs, besides time is running out (june 2 is after three weeks).
Again if you need help, please inform the fourm what kind of the certeficate you have ? don't go around the bush brother .
Yours truly rolex123
oh I thought I have explained myself clearly; if not the mere reason I can't authennticate my birth certificate is that I study in gondar university. and I couldnt get a break to accomplish such task in my homeland (adama)

oh I thought I have explained myself clearly; if not the mere reason I can't authennticate my birth certificate is that I study in gondar university. and I couldnt get a break to accomplish such task in my homeland (adama)
Then, if you really need the PR visa get a break and do the necessary authentication process. But still not clear why you want to translate the certficate if it is legal , if you remember clearly you were posting ' searching someone who has experience of translation the certeficate and authentication of the certrteficate after the translation ' which are two different issues . But if you have legal document you don't need to translate for authentication at MoFa, in history of MoFa office no translated document authorized as it has so many inconvinences. Do you have answer why you want to translate the certeficate ? (if you have legal document ), please tell me i tell the right thing what to do .

ELSE brother If you really need the visa 'Adama' is not out of ethiopia and get a break to legalize your document before june 2, you have more than three weeks.
I was working remote country side (almost 650km away from addis )but i did everthing to legalize my document before my interview day.

@abi328 , if you real want help about this case please tell us the truth ( like i posted befor)
what kind of birth certificate you have ? is it legal ? or valid ?
like i said telling the truth helped all us here and during the interview.
To be honest , i don't think you have the legal birth certificate , please please please try to get it legal certificate from ' kebele' then certify it at sub city and authentic it at MoFa.
Easy and won't take more than 2hrs, besides time is running out (june 2 is after three weeks).
Again if you need help, please inform the fourm what kind of the certeficate you have ? don't go around the bush brother .
Yours truly rolex123
Seconded .... abi is making it "wuha kida wuha melis" (like "rocking back-and-forth endlessly")

Then, if you really need the PR visa get a break and do the necessary authentication process. But still not clear why you want to translate the certficate if it is legal , if you remember clearly you were posting ' searching someone who has experience of translation the certeficate and authentication of the certrteficate after the translation ' which are two different issues . But if you have legal document you don't need to translate for authentication at MoFa, in history of MoFa office no translated document authorized as it has so many inconvinences. Do you have answer why you want to translate the certeficate ? (if you have legal document ), please tell me i tell the right thing what to do .

ELSE brother If you really need the visa 'Adama' is not out of ethiopia and get a break to legalize your document before june 2, you have more than three weeks.
I was working remote country side (almost 650km away from addis )but i did everthing to legalize my document before my interview day.
I don't know from where this confusion of translating document came from since the kebele gave me a certificate that has english version in it;; anyways I will try my best to have a stamp by the subcity but I can assure u that there is no need of MOFA stamp into it if one have to become precis on document. authentication in. case of dv process. I know. there have been strong recoomendation to have AOS despite the witness of interviwed winners who told that it is no longer asked & hope the process of birth certificatee authentication will be clear in the near future too.

@abi328, we have two legs doesn't mean we can climb two trees at the same time. Please also re-read my post below.

Lets talk about document authentication from principle point of view. It is not only about DV, birth certificate, Ethiopia or US. Any document obtained locally in one country should be validated (authenticated) by MoFA or its equivalent before it is used in another country (Embassies are small versions of other countries). Thus the fact that a CO didn't ask for authentication at an interview of Mr/s. X should not be considered as a norm, another CO or the same CO who have a doubt about the document my ask for authentication. Note that, you can not argue saying "common Mr/s CO you didn’t ask Mr/s X for this document ...", no way!!

Let me tell you a simple case of a need for authenticated birth certificate for one of my family members (one out of five members). As I mentioned here in this forum a couple of times, one of the certificates of my children has a different naming format due to the time and place it was made.
Name: X Y
Father's Name: Y Z
Which requires the CO to use some logic to get the name as X Y Z because all the rest have the name with this format. We have to sweat a little bit to convince the CO it is genuine, thanks to the authentication which we already have at the back of the paper. The CO asked "why it is different?". As I even have never noticed the difference before, it was a sudden question, "dubida" in Amharic. When things go smooth, yes, the CO my not ask you.

You see how the forum is doing its best to convince you, that is why we say it is the best group. In fact, I didn't get why 150 Birr (7$) matters compared to the risk. On top of this, as we learn from this forum, AP is not good when it comes in late months like June. You will be the one who bears the risk about AP. My brother, why invite AP and and even think of going back again. Lastly, better to avoid "mikerew mikerew ..." in Amaharic.

Hi Friends,

I came to US on April 18th but not received my social security until today May 13th, is this normal? I have called the social security office and asked me to come and fill applications. I was expecting mail....do you think they may have changed their way of working? Thank you for your comments.

What is 3 weeks actually? does it include the week ends?

Hi Friends,

I came to US on April 18th but not received my social security until today May 13th, is this normal? I have called the social security office and asked me to come and fill applications. I was expecting mail....do you think they may have changed their way of working? Thank you for your comments.

We've always encouraged people to visit the nearest SSA office within a couple of days of arrival in the U.S. to submit an application, regardless of the fact that you ticked the option for a request to be made on your behalf on the DS-260 form you submitted. I'm surprised you never came across any of those posts throughout your time in the forum.

They've not changed their operational ways, sometimes people still do not get the SSN card - the request sometimes get overlooked, that's why we've always encouraged people to follow up in person with a new application and the necessary supporting documents.

Hi Friends,

In addition to what Mom just wrote above about reading the answers to others I have to point out that Susie told you on May 2 to go to the SSA and sort that out. We can advise, but can't make you act.

We've always encouraged people to visit the nearest SSA office within a couple of days of arrival in the U.S. to submit an application, regardless of the fact that you ticked the option for a request to be made on your behalf on the DS-260 form you submitted. I'm surprised you never came across any of those posts throughout your time in the forum.

They've not changed their operational ways, sometimes people still do not get the SSN card - the request sometimes get overlooked, that's why we've always encouraged people to follow up in person with a new application and the necessary supporting documents.
Too bad am in the same boat ;):( went to SSA before 9 days and was told to wait until 3 weeks from my entrance , still noting am visiting them again tomorrow ,

Too bad am in the same boat ;):( went to SSA before 9 days and was told to wait until 3 weeks from my entrance , still noting am visiting them again tomorrow ,

It is best to not mention that USCIS may have applied. YOu won't get 2 numbers if you apply a second time and they should have your details within a few days after entering - say a week max.

Exactly like Simon said. The best approach is to simply show up with an application (form can be downloaded from their website) and the support documents, and tell them you're there to submit an application. If you tell them you just want to find out if there's an application in the system for you, they most likely will say come back in 3 weeks time if you haven't received it.

Exactly like Simon said. The best approach is to simply show up with an application (form can be downloaded from their website) and the support documents, and tell them you're there to submit an application. If you tell them you just want to find out if there's an application in the system for you, they most likely will say come back in 3 weeks time if you haven't received it.

Interesting! What type of system is this? Really poor customer service. Asking to apply again is not a problem as long as it won't create complication of producing duplicate SSN for a single person. Thanks @Sm1smom for the tip.

Interesting! What type of system is this? Really poor customer service. Asking to apply again is not a problem as long as it won't create complication of producing duplicate SSN for a single person. Thanks @Sm1smom for the tip.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"Really poor customer service"

They don't give a rats ass whether they provide good customer service!!! Where else ya gonna go for a SSN???

besides @MB1xxx, if you can @amelekuru try creat the account here , and lookfor a person here or USA who has credit card/mastercard / americanexpress or any card which can be used for the payment transactions , then it will be easy.
First creat an USCIS ELIS account yourself becuase most the people live in usa they are not familiar with this system and look for any one who has the card, we will help eachother through PM if you have any difficulties to creat the account .
thank you all for your responses and suggestions
I already created the account at the USCIS ELIS, now, as you have said, i am looking for someone who own thoses cards to make the payment for me

Hello dear friends
I am qualified by education(Degree holder) my interview was on May 12 the Co. need to show my work experience but i didn't bring that paper but i showed him my work Id and then he says yr case is in AP and he said that we will call you and return my passport. Is that denial or not. If not what is the next step.

Hello dear friends
I am qualified by education(Degree holder) my interview was on May 12 the Co. need to show my work experience but i didn't bring that paper but i showed him my work Id and then he says yr case is AP and he said that we will call you and return my passport. Is that denial or not. If not what is the next step.
I am sorry to hear that your case is AP. People in the forum were saying that on the paper that the CO gave you after they told you your case is on AP, they ticked on the list what documents you need to bring or why your case is on AP. Have you got this kind of information? Please share us your interview experience. It will help those of us who are going to have the interview soon.

Hello dear friends
I am qualified by education(Degree holder) my interview was on May 12 the Co. need to show my work experience but i didn't bring that paper but i showed him my work Id and then he says yr case is in AP and he said that we will call you and return my passport. Is that denial or not. If not what is the next step.

What did you show to prove your education? Holding a degree is NOT what qualifies you - it is your elementary and secondary education. So -the CO asking for work experience suggests they did not have enough proof of your education. However, since they did not ask for any additional documents (as far as you mentioned), I suspect there is another reason why you were placed on AP...

The next step is waiting. AP is unpredictable some people wait only a few days - others wait weeks and months.

I am sorry to hear that your case is AP. People in the forum were saying that on the paper that the CO gave you after they told you your case is on AP, they ticked on the list what documents you need to bring or why your case is on AP. Have you got this kind of information? Please share us your interview experience. It will help those of us who are going to have the interview soon.[/QUO
What did you show to prove your education? Holding a degree is NOT what qualifies you - it is your elementary and secondary education. So -the CO asking for work experience suggests they did not have enough proof of your education. However, since they did not ask for any additional documents (as far as you mentioned), I suspect there is another reason why you were placed on AP...

The next step is waiting. AP is unpredictable some people wait only a few days - others wait weeks and months.
I submit all necessary documents like 9-12 transcript, Grade 12 certificate, My degree, birth certificate but the co asks work experience paper that is not on my hand B/c my employer company does not give any paper until i leave the company that is why i showed my work id.

I am sorry to hear that your case is AP. People in the forum were saying that on the paper that the CO gave you after they told you your case is on AP, they ticked on the list what documents you need to bring or why your case is on AP. Have you got this kind of information? Please share us your interview experience. It will help those of us who are going to have the interview soon.
I submit all necessary documents like 9-12 transcript, Grade 12 certificate, My degree, birth certificate but the co asks work experience paper that is not on my hand B/c my employer company does not give any paper until i leave the company that is why i showed my work id.