• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Not quite sure what you're getting at here. Really doesn't make any difference if 3 weeks refers to business days only on business days plus weekends. I think the only time one might not be certain is if they say something will take 21 days, then there's the possibility to wonder if the 21 days refers to working days only or includes weekend.

Anyway, for business purpose, one might say a week is Monday to Friday, and to count the second week, you start again from Monday to Friday, and so on.
Ok...now I got it. I have one related question...When they say it takes 21 days for a chicken to hatch...does it include weekends?

Has anyone paid immigration visa fee using paypal ? Is it possible ? Thanks !
dear @ethSelam once you created and activated USCIS-ELIS account , the payment is in two option
1. US bank checking account and routing numbers,
2.we can use Visa, Debit card , Mastercard , America Express, or Discover card

@ethSelam if your sponsor give payment informational and use second option
required fields to be filled :
account holder name...
Billing adress...
card type.....
Card number .......
Security code...
expiration date...
but if you use the first option required field to feed payment
information are , (i used this one)
account holder name .....
Account type .....
Routing no.....
Account no....
check no.....

But make sure that you provide the required field properly and broad band internet access.

zeru I have read one experince on AP cases and it says that one has to email to the embsssy repeatedly (like 2 times a wk) about ur. case and that u want the case to be resolved as early as posssible and try. writing it in a polite and formal way

You are right about the resume which we used to call CV in Ethiopia mostly. The way they write in US is also different which I modified a lot. I got around 4 phone interviews and more than 20 emails till now. It looks they prefer US experience ....I am not sure. The other thing I noticed is that the job responsibility they post sounds like they want a robot...a lot of skills.
Anyways...fasting and prayer is to make one application worth 20.

One last question. When they say 3 weeks does it include week ends or just business days only????????????????????????

Recommendation from someone working in your profession who is living and working in the US is another point of departure.

zeru I have read one experince on AP cases and it says that one has to email to the embsssy repeatedly (like 2 times a wk) about ur. case and that u want the case to be resolved as early as posssible and try. writing it in a polite and formal way
Thank u abi328 is that possible? I read on my paper any one doesn't expedite it that is why i am keep quite.

Thank u abi328 is that possible? I read on my paper any one doesn't expedite it that is why i am keep quite.
Dear @zeru, hopefully the will call you soon and follow the instruction on the paper they gave you,but i don't really know where @abi328 get such information , please follow what they told you , in the mean time try to get 'To Whom It May Concern' from your current employeer with formal written request, you have legal right to get such paper if you work more than one year in a certain company(labour law in ethiopia).
Don't worry , they just only making cross checking of your current employer is exist or not. They'll call you so soon relax bro.

Dear @zeru, hopefully the will call you soon and follow the instruction on the paper they gave you,but i don't really know where @abi328 get such information , please follow what they told you , in the mean time try to get 'To Whom It May Concern' from your current employeer with formal written request, you have legal right to get such paper if you work more than one year in a certain company(labour law in ethiopia).
Don't worry , they just only making cross checking of your current employer is exist or not. They'll call you so soon relax bro.
Thank u my sis for build up my hope.

dear @ethSelam once you created and activated USCIS-ELIS account , the payment is in two option
1. US bank checking account and routing numbers,
2.we can use Visa, Debit card , Mastercard , America Express, or Discover card

@ethSelam if your sponsor give payment informational and use second option
required fields to be filled :
account holder name...
Billing adress...
card type.....
Card number .......
Security code...
expiration date...
but if you use the first option required field to feed payment
information are , (i used this one)
account holder name .....
Account type .....
Routing no.....
Account no....
check no.....

But make sure that you provide the required field properly and broad band internet access.
Thanks a lot @rolex123 . That I did create ... check already , so apparently there is no way of paying via paypal. Thanks again !!

I just browsed and got the experience from one visa forum
Hi @abi328, which embassy and which forum? Can you please put the link here? Probably, @zeru may also need this option in case it takes them longer to call him ... because they are humans and they have a lot of things to deal with.

@abi328 if you go through on link you posted , the issue is complettllllyyyy ! different with @zeru 's case , for instance
"I was asked to present additional evidence in connection with my case. Additional items were submitted to the consulate...."
which @zeru didn't asked and not experience post of US ADDIS ABEBA EMBASSY , besides we don't really know what are their IV CASES (keep in mind IV CASES are not only for DV case)
@zeru please stick to what instruction the CO gave you. And definitely they will give you a call soon bro.
Rolex123