• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

I submit all necessary documents like 9-12 transcript, Grade 12 certificate, My degree, birth certificate but the co asks work experience paper that is not on my hand B/c my employer company does not give any paper until i leave the company that is why i showed my work id.
I hope it will be alivated soon, God be with you!

I submit all necessary documents like 9-12 transcript, Grade 12 certificate, My degree, birth certificate but the co asks work experience paper that is not on my hand B/c my employer company does not give any paper until i leave the company that is why i showed my work id.
I hope it will be alivated sooner God be with you! !

Thank you all for your responses ! I am glad actually the SSN is late in a sense I have a good reason for not getting employed yet. I was searching for a job online ...I think it kind of really require fasting and prayer to be professionally hired. Most recruiters shrink when hearing overseas experience as if US is another planet...sorry, your experience is more like a UFO? you never know.

I am sorry to hear that your case is AP. People in the forum were saying that on the paper that the CO gave you after they told you your case is on AP, they ticked on the list what documents you need to bring or why your case is on AP. Have you got this kind of information? Please share us your interview experience. It will help those of us who are going to have the interview soon.
the question is similar to that of in this forum
co: asks to swear
me: swear
co: how old are u
me:
co: do u have degree and show me
me: yes show him
co: do u have a child
me:
co:do u have a boy friend
me:
co. what is the relation with ur host
me:
co.who paid 330 usd
me: from my own saving
co: do u have work
me: yes
co: show me the paper of ur work
me: show him work id
co: he copy my id and gave me a white paper & passport shows AP he told me that we will call u
that is all my experience

Interesting! What type of system is this? Really poor customer service. Asking to apply again is not a problem as long as it won't create complication of producing duplicate SSN for a single person. Thanks @Sm1smom for the tip.

Well, you may call it poor customer service, but it isn't IMO. I suppose because we're talking about the big ol' USA, most people tend to think things run so smoothly like a well oiled machine.

These are mere human beings too and they equally get stressed out. Issuing SSN is not the only function they serve at the SSA office. So if you go in there telling them an application has already been submitted on your behalf, it makes sense for them to say go back and wait for about 3 weeks in that case (it typically takes about 2 weeks for a case that hasn't fallen in between the cracks), so that they can attend to other people with 'actual cases'. But if you simply present an application form and they put in your data, they will know if one is already being processed for you or not, and if it is they may even go as far as telling you your actual number

the question is similar to that of in this forum
co: asks to swear
me: swear
co: how old are u
me:
co: do u have degree and show me
me: yes show him
co: do u have a child
me:
co:do u have a boy friend
me:
co. what is the relation with ur host
me:
co.who paid 330 usd
me: from my own saving
co: do u have work
me: yes
co: show me the paper of ur work
me: show him work id
co: he copy my id and gave me a white paper & passport shows AP he told me that we will call u
that is all my experience

Hi @zeru, it sound by far better now!! Your initial posting was frustrating.
The most important message is the one on the last line in your post here. They took "copy of your ID" means, for me they are going to check with your employer if what you presented is genuine or not. Another proof for this is they said they will call you which means the remaining work to be done is not from your side but from the embassy side. So, in my opinion, what you should worry about is the response they may get from your employer. Good Luck.

In the same token, I hope @abi328 learns something from this. You know there are a lot of people who qualified by education and never asked a letter from their employer. However, if the CO feels like it and if by his/her judgement, there is something to suspect, you will be questioned and you can not argue except leaving the room with the white paper of the AP status. What is important is not to proof to the forum that you become successful without authenticating the said document, rather what is important is you go to your interview over prepared and with full confidence. If you are student at Gonder University and you think going to Adama will spoil your semester, you can, for example, collect your transcript up to last semester and you try some credit transfer to complete your degree in the US (this may even give you better opportunity than the degree from Gonder - but not sure how the credit transfer works).

The most important message is the one on the last line in your post here. They took "copy of your ID" means, for me they are going to check with your employer if what you presented is genuine or not. Another proof for this is they said they will call you which means the remaining work to be done is not from your side but from the embassy side. So, in my opinion, what you should worry about is the response they may get from your employer. Good Luck.

In the same token, I hope @abi328 learns something from this. You know there are a lot of people who qualified by education and never asked a letter from their employer. However, if the CO feels like it and if by his/her judgement, there is something to suspect, you will be questioned and you can not argue except leaving the room with the white paper of the AP status. What is important is not to proof to the forum that you become successful without authenticating the said document, rather what is important is you go to your interview over prepared and with full confidence. If you are student at Gonder University and you think going to Adama will spoil your semester, you can, for example, collect your transcript up to last semester and you try some credit transfer to complete your degree in the US (this may even give you better opportunity than the degree from Gonder - but not sure how the credit transfer works).
Thank you but my question is why they return my passport.

Well, you may call it poor customer service, but it isn't IMO. I suppose because we're talking about the big ol' USA, most people tend to think things run so smoothly like a well oiled machine.

These are mere human beings too and they equally get stressed out. Issuing SSN is not the only function they serve at the SSA office. So if you go in there telling them an application has already been submitted on your behalf, it makes sense for them to say go back and wait for about 3 weeks in that case (it typically takes about 2 weeks for a case that hasn't fallen in between the cracks), so that they can attend to other people with 'actual cases'. But if you simply present an application form and they put in your data, they will know if one is already being processed for you or not, and if it is they may even go as far as telling you your actual number

Yes I agree Mom, they are human beings and there are lots of things for stress, in fact equally for people at "IMO" (what ever IMO is). However, we are in the era where it is the service that goes to where the customer is rather than the customer going to look for the service. There are a lot of ways we can do this instead of telling people to go and wait for three weeks and end up finally telling them it was not applied for after waiting for the three weeks. The most important is we now learned the trick, thanks to this forum.

Thank you but my question is why they return my passport.
That must be normal. I don't think they keep passport of those who are under AP (at least I know my personal case where we were given back our passport).

Yes I agree Mom, they are human beings and there are lots of things for stress, in fact equally for people at "IMO" (what ever IMO is). However, we are in the era where it is the service that goes to where the customer is rather than the customer going to look for the service. There are a lot of ways we can do this instead of telling people to go and wait for three weeks and end up finally telling them it was not applied for after waiting for the three weeks. The most important is we now learned the trick, thanks to this forum.

I thought mom explained pretty well why they tell you to wait for three weeks. I'm interested, what other of the "lot of ways" were you thinking of? Yes it's frustrating sometimes but it's bureaucracy and this is the same everywhere. If 90% of the people do in fact find their cards in those 3 weeks why should they be duplicating work for no reason? It makes perfect sense.

Thank you all for your responses ! I am glad actually the SSN is late in a sense I have a good reason for not getting employed yet. I was searching for a job online ...I think it kind of really require fasting and prayer to be professionally hired. Most recruiters shrink when hearing overseas experience as if US is another planet...sorry, your experience is more like a UFO? you never know.

Yes it can sometimes take a while to find work, as reported by many people here, especially if you are looking for something above minimum wage. By all means fast and pray if you think that will help, but please don't do that instead of spending more time looking for more jobs and sending more applications. That is what is going to get you a job at the end.
You may also want to be sure that your resume is set up the way people in the US do it (lots of online examples).

I thought mom explained pretty well why they tell you to wait for three weeks. I'm interested, what other of the "lot of ways" were you thinking of? Yes it's frustrating sometimes but it's bureaucracy and this is the same everywhere. If 90% of the people do in fact find their cards in those 3 weeks why should they be duplicating work for no reason? It makes perfect sense.

I totally agree about bureaucracy. Susie, if you follow the point property, I never blamed the three week time or even more time or people who are providing the service. I was rather talking about how the system works and about provision of information regarding status of individual's case. No need to argue on this point.

Just to reflect on your question about "lot of ways", I was referring to the use of new and available technologies, for example, "web technology" so that customers can do the checking by themselves on the move or from home instead of going to the office without even knowing if the application is submitted or not and overburdening the workers and force them give unconfirmed responses. I hope such system will be realized by the office in the near future.

I will try all that I. can do to authenticate documents like birth certificate and the rest may God help me

Yes it can sometimes take a while to find work, as reported by many people here, especially if you are looking for something above minimum wage. By all means fast and pray if you think that will help, but please don't do that instead of spending more time looking for more jobs and sending more applications. That is what is going to get you a job at the end.
You may also want to be sure that your resume is set up the way people in the US do it (lots of online examples).
You are right about the resume which we used to call CV in Ethiopia mostly. The way they write in US is also different which I modified a lot. I got around 4 phone interviews and more than 20 emails till now. It looks they prefer US experience ....I am not sure. The other thing I noticed is that the job responsibility they post sounds like they want a robot...a lot of skills.
Anyways...fasting and prayer is to make one application worth 20.

One last question. When they say 3 weeks does it include week ends or just business days only????????????????????????

You are right about the resume which we used to call CV in Ethiopia mostly. The way they write in US is also different which I modified a lot. I got around 4 phone interviews and more than 20 emails till now. It looks they prefer US experience ....I am not sure. The other thing I noticed is that the job responsibility they post sounds like they want a robot...a lot of skills.
Anyways...fasting and prayer is to make one application worth 20.

One last question. When they say 3 weeks does it include week ends or just business days only????????????????????????

Not quite sure what you're getting at here. Really doesn't make any difference if 3 weeks refers to business days only on business days plus weekends. I think the only time one might not be certain is if they say something will take 21 days, then there's the possibility to wonder if the 21 days refers to working days only or includes weekend.

Anyway, for business purpose, one might say a week is Monday to Friday, and to count the second week, you start again from Monday to Friday, and so on.