• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

it is just additional . but I feal I should have to bring as I mentioned it on my ds 260.....
If you are qualified via education you don't need to worry about your work experience. I think having a letter which indicates your working status and where you are working will be enough. You need to have an authenticated educational (grade 12 and/or grade 10) certificate.

It has been almost a month since i received my visa package, but because of some problems i did not pay the 165$ immigrant fee.
Is there any problem if i pay the immigrant fee after i arrived in the US?

Congrats dawgeb!!! Nice to hear you got the visa. We are looking forward to read your interview experience. Good luck in your relocation!!!
In short the questions i was asked are
1. do you join university? which university? what field you you study?What were you doing after study?
2. are you married? do you have children? do you intend to marry before you go?
3. What is your relationship with your host?
4. Who paid the fee for your interview?
finally visa approved!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats dawgeb; by the way were u asked. for authenticatted birth certificate
Dear @abi328, I think you will not find anyone who didn't authenticate birth and marriage certificate in Ethiopia. At least that is what I know from this forum and from my friends who went for the interview in the previous years and months. Anyways if you decided to go to the interview without the authentication good luck!!!

1. do you join university? which university? what field you you study?What were you doing after study?
Thank you very much for sharing your interview experience. Those question are the common question which were asked by the CO and shared by our forum members. Congrats again and good luck in your future life!!!

It has been almost a month since i received my visa package, but because of some problems i did not pay the 165$ immigrant fee.
Dear amelekuru, I think @Britsimon and @SusieQQQ or @ZGREAT, @MB1xxx and @rolex123 can answer your question. However, what I understand from the forum is that it is possible to pay after you arrived in USA.

Hi @amelekuru, try your best to pay this fee before you leave, just to get peace of mind. But if it is impossible for you to pay now, my understanding is that paying after arrival is also possible and the only inconvenience is delay in your plastic Green Card. AS you will have temporary green card stamp on your visa for one year, I think delay won't be a problem. (Bosses can correct me on this!!)
Read the fifth paragraph on the link below:
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Last edited:
Againnnnnn ?!!
@abi328 , if you real want help about this case please tell us the truth ( like i posted befor)
what kind of birth certificate you have ? is it legal ? or valid ?
like i said telling the truth helped all us here and during the interview.
To be honest , i don't think you have the legal birth certificate , please please please try to get it legal certificate from ' kebele' then certify it at sub city and authentic it at MoFa.
Easy and won't take more than 2hrs, besides time is running out (june 2 is after three weeks).
Again if you need help, please inform the fourm what kind of the certeficate you have ? don't go around the bush brother .
Yours truly rolex123

Is ther anyone who confronted spelling problem (that is diverted to other name) on educational documents pleas.......

Hi @amelekuru, try your best to pay this fee before you leave, just to get peace of mind. But if it is impossible for you to pay now, my understanding is that paying after arrival is also possible and the only inconvenience is delay in your plastic Green Card. AS you will have temporary green card stamp on your visa for one year, I think delay won't be a problem. (Bosses can correct me on this!!)
Read the fifth paragraph on the link below:
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee
besides @MB1xxx, if you can @amelekuru try creat the account here , and lookfor a person here or USA who has credit card/mastercard / americanexpress or any card which can be used for the payment transactions , then it will be easy.
First creat an USCIS ELIS account yourself becuase most the people live in usa they are not familiar with this system and look for any one who has the card, we will help eachother through PM if you have any difficulties to creat the account .

Is ther anyone who confronted spelling problem during interview(that is not diverted to other name) on educational documents pleas.......

dear @dawgeb , congratulations god blessed you, good luck for you relocation .

Is ther anyone who confronted spelling problem during interview(that is not diverted to other name) on educational documents pleas.......
Dear @gere, i am not sure exact date of the posts by @ZGREAT on this issue , but if you google it on this forum you can find a solution how to fix legally on education document spelling error issues .
If i can i will try search posts and re-post it again .

Thanks @MB1xxx I already began studying for the board exam i will be taking it after 2 months , and ya i will go to college next september need some time to settle plus apply for admission

About the picture ; i have requested the removal by myself , i feel like it was enough if you guys saw the picture !!

Thanks once again
Thumbs up @ZGREAT, but i missed to see the picture , poor meeee not to check the forum the last five days due to relocation activities .

Dear @gere , just a tip, if you check @God-Is-Love actual interview experience , she was asked to show latest employment latter to make sure that she could able to pay visa process fee from her earnings .
10q @rolex123 , I couldn't found it adjustable on legal office as someone mentioned in this forum & thats whay am trying to prepare my working exp as an additional proof