2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Taps1 said:
i was wondering how did you manage to get your spouse's FP done early though her appt. was for a later date? In my case, i have received my FP appt. but not for my wife, can i go to FP office and get her done as well without any appt. letter..

appreciate your help.
I assume your spouse has not received the FP notice, so this will not be an 'early FP' but 'FP without appointment'. Anyway, the answer is Yes. Read the following FAQ and act accordingly:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=105154

Is I-485 processed based on Labor PD or I-485 ND?

Gurus,

Is I-485 processed based on Labor Priority Date or I-485 Receipt Date? Ofcource this assuming that I-140 is cleared.
According to the USCIS website, they are processing I-485 from Aug 19 th 2004. But this date is I-485 Receipt Date and not Labor PD.

Guru's .. Do you have any inputs...

aj_jadeja said:
Well then wahts happening to all those who filed before that date ?

I am gald to see some approvals for I140 applications in June time frame, but I am wondering what is the status of the I140 applications that were filed in April time frame. Also please post here, if you any one is wating/got approvals for the I140 applications that was filed in April in EB3 category.

Thanks in advance...

pkumar07_02 LUDs

pkumar07_02,

Here is my guess on your LUDs: May be those are for your FBI name check completion!

I read somewhere that other than for RFE and approval, I-485 LUDs change once for the FP notice sent/FP results received and once for Name Check inititation/Completion.

Let us hope the changes are for the best. Please update us with what you get.

Originally Posted by pkumar07_02
An other LUD today onmy 485...dont know.. whats happening.....
iam desperately waiting for some status on my EAD and 140 and nothing is showing but....iam getting these LUD's on 485.......just dont know what happening...any guesses are welcome............

Rasi

labsub said:
Gurus,

Is I-485 processed based on Labor Priority Date or I-485 Receipt Date?

----It will be processed on I485 RD not labor PD.

Ofcource this assuming that I-140 is cleared.
According to the USCIS website, they are processing I-485 from Aug 19 th 2004. But this date is I-485 Receipt Date and not Labor PD.

Question

Guru's ,

I recently filed for I-140 And I-485 ( Last week) and had couple of questions

1. Will the I-140 and I-485 have the same case numbers?
2. How much time does it take to get the Case Number?
3. Will I get the receipts or the lawyer or my company ?

Thanks

MainGC said:
Guru's ,

I recently filed for I-140 And I-485 ( Last week) and had couple of questions

1. Will the I-140 and I-485 have the same case numbers?
---140 and 485 will be having different case numbers.
2. How much time does it take to get the Case Number?
---one to three weeks
3. Will I get the receipts or the lawyer or my company ?
---No. you will not get receipts. Your company and attorney will get it, but you can see the EAD/AP/485 reciept numbers on back of your check once it get cleared.

Thanks

come on...look at your notice

ND-Notice Date
RD-Receipt Date
Hope you can make out the others
AD-
LUD
MUD-
Sh_Ad said:
All,

What is the difference between RD and ND? where does one find the ND.

Thanks

To Erics , 485 RFE

Hi EricS,
I got a REF mail today for me , spouse and son. Since the RFE is on all of our cases , Do you have any insights what it would be?
Thank You,

I-485 approved.

EB2 NIW (Adv. Deg.)
I140 ND 2/05, AD 3/05
I-485/EAD/AP ND 4/05
FP 5/05
EAD AD 5/05
AP AD 7/05 (after RFE photos/photo id)
I-485 TD 7/05, ID 8/05, AD 8/05

Congratulations. Can you please post detailed information of the updates (LUD changes) to your case?
Thanks
P

greenline said:
I-485 approved.

EB2 NIW (Adv. Deg.)
I140 ND 2/05, AD 3/05
I-485/EAD/AP ND 4/05
FP 5/05
EAD AD 5/05

Congrats...Unbelivable

You got approval in almost like 3 months...

Some people in the forum got reply from Senators office that EB2 was exhausted, though it was NSC...this keeps the hope alive for many :)
greenline said:
I-485 approved.

EB2 NIW (Adv. Deg.)
I140 ND 2/05, AD 3/05
I-485/EAD/AP ND 4/05
FP 5/05
EAD AD 5/05

3rd LUD for FP recd processing resumed, not for name check completed

As lot of people in the forum are still waiting for clearence despite that msg months, year ago
rasi_s said:
pkumar07_02,

Here is my guess on your LUDs: May be those are for your FBI name check completion!

I read somewhere that other than for RFE and approval, I-485 LUDs change once for the FP notice sent/FP results received and once for Name Check inititation/Completion.

Let us hope the changes are for the best. Please update us with what you get.

Rasi

LaborBadhi

LaborBadhi said:
Originally Posted by labsub
Gurus,

Is I-485 processed based on Labor Priority Date or I-485 Receipt Date?

----It will be processed on I485 RD not labor PD.

Ofcource this assuming that I-140 is cleared.

LaborBadhi,

Let's assume the following scenario.

Person A has Labor PD as Jan 2000. His files his I-485 on say 06/01/2005
Person B has Labor PD as Jan 2004. His files his I-485 on say 01/01/2005

Now the Visa dates retorgress to say Jan 2003. We know for a fact that Person A will not get his I-485 approved till the visa date becomes at least 06/01/2005. But person B can get his I-485 approved in the meantime.

Does this make sense.
Your comments please..

vol-va-purshotham: Thanks. For the I-485, There was an LUD corresponding to ND and the mailing out of the FP notice. One without msg change on the FP date,
one with msg change for FP received, and finally one with msg chng for the transfer. In general there were LUDs without msg changes for a couple of days when any notice was issued, I assume that was due to internal confirmations of notice, issued, printed, mailed etc. There were no LUDs since my transfer, I received the interview notice and approval by snail mail only.

Nato: Thanks. Yes it was fast and I've been extremely fortunate. There have been several fast I-485 approvals for NIW cases filed in 2005 in VSC and CSC. It may be a pilot program.
There have been other recent EB2 approvals on this forum. I think the information about EB2 being exhausted seems to be an isolated case.
The state visa bulletin has a been very good indicator of visa availabilty, when
visa's are depleted, they issue a warning about that before retrogressing or making
visas unavailable. The last two visa bulletins did not issue warnings for Aug or Sept. for EB2, so I believe approvals will keep coming. There is a remote possiblity that there
may be quota for each service center and NSC might have exahusted theirs, but this
is just my wild conjecture.

LaborBandhi and Labsub: somebody analyzed trends over the last 6 months and
found I-485 NDs to be a fairly good indicator of processing times. However there
are far too many variables to make accurate predictions.
Also, if numbers retrogress then those with early NDs but post-cutoff PDs seem to have proceesing continued right till the final approval at which point it is kept on hold till the PD becomes current.