2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Address change whenAOS is pending

Gurus,

I called USCIS to notify my address change yesterday.
Will I get any LUD on my pending 485 application?

Please reply.

Thanks for your answer.

That is a problem then. I was under the impression that I would be able to add my wife to my application and since my 485 was current when filed, she could also file, although the approval would be based on the priority dates. It was mentioned on murthy.com quite clearly as well. Logically, say I get married, and I have an EAD Card and AP and after marriage I change my status to use EAD (although my wife is on H4), then what happens to her status? There is not dependent EAD status, is there?

From that logic, it seems that wife should also be getting some status since my status is not H1 anymore in that case.

Does that make sense?

I am so confused..
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

spidey said:
To the best of my understanding this is how it will unfold:

1. You can get married and probably will.
2. Your wife can come here on H4 without any problem.
3. You can file for 140 asap. No impact on your wife's status.
4. Your wife may not be able to file for EAD / AP / 485 unless either of these conditions is fulfilled. a.) Your priority date becomes current. b.) This new law that has already passed the Senate and is up for debate in the House is passed thus making it possible for everyone to file for EAD / AP / 485 if they have an approved 140.

If either of these is true your wife will be able to file for EAD.

For those who are in same boat with respect to marital status BUT have already filed for 485 and are now subject to retrogression, please check how to handle the issue of marriage with your lawyers.

I would check with my

if you use your EAD and do not maintain your H1B then your wife will be out of status. There is no such thing as H4 independently.

floyd777 said:
Thanks for your answer.

That is a problem then. I was under the impression that I would be able to add my wife to my application and since my 485 was current when filed, she could also file, although the approval would be based on the priority dates. It was mentioned on murthy.com quite clearly as well. Logically, say I get married, and I have an EAD Card and AP and after marriage I change my status to use EAD (although my wife is on H4), then what happens to her status? There is not dependent EAD status, is there?

From that logic, it seems that wife should also be getting some status since my status is not H1 anymore in that case.

Does that make sense?

I am so confused..
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If you already submitted a 485 application (and presumably the EAD / AP) applications for your wife with your case before retrogression you will be ok.
My comments were particularly directed for those of us who have applied for 485 before Sep 30th when retrogression took effect, then got married hoping to put in a 485 application for the spouse but cant anymore because of retrogression affecting them...

If you're wife's app is already in, you needn't worry.

Of course this is all amateurish... call your lawyer for best information.

luds on 485

Got two luds in 2 days on 485. No emails !

Eb2, RIR
Priority Date: 03/2002
I140: RD sept 27:
EAD, AP: RD: sept 27, 05, approved on 11 oct
485: RD sept27, LUD 11/01 (FP received) 11/08, 11/09

SVD said:
Got two luds in 2 days on 485. No emails !

Eb2, RIR
Priority Date: 03/2002
I140: RD sept 27:
EAD, AP: RD: sept 27, 05, approved on 11 oct
485: RD sept27, LUD 11/01 (FP received) 11/08, 11/09

Me too. Message says Fingerprinting review results were received on 11/08, another LUD today... surprisingly I already got that LUD and email about it earlier this month.

Nothing on EAD and AP though since 10/01.

spidey said:
Me too. Message says Fingerprinting review results were received on 11/08, another LUD today... surprisingly I already got that LUD and email about it earlier this month.

Nothing on EAD and AP though since 10/01.

Spidey: It's gr8 that your I-140 is approved. Mine is still pending. Though, my EAD and AP are approved.

The only difference between your case and mine is that you are in non-rir category.

What does the luds mean ? That 485 is being processed ? I thought they won't process 485 until dates become current.

Anybody has any insights ?

SVD,

It looks like our Prority Dates are in the same time frame and I am on the same boat as you so far as status of I-140, EAD,AP, 485 is concerned.

I have not seen any I-140 approvals in past few weeks and as for 485 approvals, I can not recollect of any since the few that trickled in during the last week of Sept & first week of Oct.

Hopefully, the recent LUDs on the 485 applications mean something positive.

.....there have been some posts in this forum wherein the 485 approvals came in before the 140 approval.

SVD said:
Spidey: It's gr8 that your I-140 is approved. Mine is still pending. Though, my EAD and AP are approved.

The only difference between your case and mine is that you are in non-rir category.

What does the luds mean ? That 485 is being processed ? I thought they won't process 485 until dates become current.

Anybody has any insights ?

Last edited by a moderator:
many in the same boat as us

Skip,
There is amazing similarity for our case.
There are many like us: With approximately the same dates. Movement for one of us should mean that there will be movement for others. Keep posting your updates.

I have never seen 485 being approved before I-140. It is highly unlikely. I have applied for my 7th year extension. Some luds on 485 might be related to that.

Since april I-140s are being processed, we might have to wait a few months for approval. We should look forward to the end of holidays for movement (late January, 2006). I hope 485 dates will become currrent for all of us.

spidey and SVD,

the 2 LUD's that you got after your fingerprinting could mean that your name check has been completed..

Gurus in this forum correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Got the following email with a LUD. Anyone has any idea what it can be? I am nervous. Is this called RFE?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 9, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

mb1 said:
Got the following email with a LUD. Anyone has any idea what it can be? I am nervous. Is this called RFE?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 9, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

This is RFE... Do not worry...Its good sign that they are processing your application... it didn't get stuck in name check!!! Good luck

well, i hope it is something good and hope i do not need to go through a second round of name check. i had already gone through the security clearance once when i filed for my h1b extension. it took 2 years to get cleared.

what is your pd,eb2?

mb1 said:

Current Status:

name checking

GCVARUMA said:
spidey and SVD,

the 2 LUD's that you got after your fingerprinting could mean that your name check has been completed..

Gurus in this forum correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

GCVaruma: Thanks for the info. Can you list the steps that will happen 485 before it gets approved.

Also, does this mean that they are processing 485 ?

SVD said:
GCVaruma: Thanks for the info. Can you list the steps that will happen 485 before it gets approved.
Here are the things which normally happen once you have applied for your I-485 -
- Receive your Employment Authorization Document(EAD) card
- Receive your Advance Parole(AP) documents
- Fingerprinting done at your local ASC(Application support center) office
- USCIS internally initiates a name and background Check(normally done by FBI) only the LUD changes(no emails)
- Requests for Evidence(RFE) this is in case they require additional information/documents
- Wait for Visa Dates to be current for the approval of your I-485 case

Gurus.. Please let me know if I have missed out anything in the above list.

SVD said:
Also, does this mean that they are processing 485 ?

Since you had 2 LUD's after your fingerprinting the general trend is that they are working on your case and your name check has been completed.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

thanks for the info

GCVaruma: Thanks for the info.

It's been almost 4 years since I applied for Labor certification. In the meantime, I am working in a small company that survived a few extremely close calls. It still lives on a quarter to quarter basis. It will be 5 yrs when I get my GC (if ever I get it).

On retrospection, I have spent my best years waiting.
Careerwise, I have committed harakiri (from Wipro to a small company). There has been no growth (moneywise or careerwise). I would have made more money from Wipro stock. I still can't pull out as I have already spent so many years waiting for GC.

This journey has not been worth the time and uncertainty.

SVD

H1 extension

My I-140 is approved. My I 485 application got returned due to some silly problem. So I have to wait for my PD to become current to file my I485. Meanwhile, my 7th year H1 expires on Jan 2006. Am I eligibile for applying for H1 extension ?