2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Its really strange dint know there are still people left from 1998 who have yet to get their GC. I will be even more surprised if the dates remain in 1998 in all the three months for the first quarter.
Its defiantely something fishy then

EB2 retrogresses to 99

It is strange that EB2 dates are current in September and retrogresses to Non 99 in October. The math is totally not there. Or may be I don't understand it right. Can someone help, please.

I think that there is a guy who applied for LC back in Nov 99 and by the time they applied for 485, which means in the last month or two, it was already oversubscribed. Since he has the oldest priority date of all the folks that were in the oversubscribed pool, the priority date is set to his LC filing date.
Hopefully there is not many people in between and it catches up soon. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking :confused:

PermLoser,

Like you I hope that there are not many applicants with PD date of '99, '00 etc.

There could be couple of other reasons for the EB2 retrogression. Just my speculation, I do not have any concrete data. For the past few months, I was worried with the increase in number of 485 applicants with substitute labor. Not sure if there has been a surge of applicants with substitute labor that caused the retrogression, but it could be one of the reasons.

Another reason could be that with approvals from the labor backlog reduction centers, there was a surge in applicants who had PD way back.

The only way we can know for sure is to wait for the next 3 to 6 months and observe the trend in movements of EB2 dates.

Cheers,

PermLoser said:
It is strange that EB2 dates are current in September and retrogresses to Non 99 in October. The math is totally not there. Or may be I don't understand it right. Can someone help, please.

I think that there is a guy who applied for LC back in Nov 99 and by the time they applied for 485, which means in the last month or two, it was already oversubscribed. Since he has the oldest priority date of all the folks that were in the oversubscribed pool, the priority date is set to his LC filing date.
Hopefully there is not many people in between and it catches up soon. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking :confused:

Nothing to do now man..
Just wait..Keep renewing your EAD/AP well in advance , i would advice 4-5 months in advance..That's all that we can do until the date becomes current again.

tigris said:
It says 01 JAN 1998 for EB3 Category (India)
I had high hopes !!! all shattered now.... Gurus please comment..

My Labor Priority Date is August 2002.(EB3 Category)

Thanks !

what is the validity of the Previously approved LC for LC substitution.

Is there any validity for Previously approved LCs? Does it expire after some time, if it doesn't utilize? That gives some indication, that any PD prior to 98 and 99 for eb3 and eb2 cases.

jd_mass said:
PermLoser,

Like you I hope that there are not many applicants with PD date of '99, '00 etc.

There could be couple of other reasons for the EB2 retrogression. Just my speculation, I do not have any concrete data. For the past few months, I was worried with the increase in number of 485 applicants with substitute labor. Not sure if there has been a surge of applicants with substitute labor that caused the retrogression, but it could be one of the reasons.

Another reason could be that with approvals from the labor backlog reduction centers, there was a surge in applicants who had PD way back.

The only way we can know for sure is to wait for the next 3 to 6 months and observe the trend in movements of EB2 dates.

Cheers,

I have contacted the VSC to find if they have received the 485 application and ther customer service ppl said that they cannot disclose any info to me and asked the Employer or Lawyer to contact.

But I saw in this post that a benefeciary(me) contacts the case will most probably be rejected is that true??

When I asked my lawyer to contact he said lets wait for the receipt for 485, no need to contact.

sarwarmd said:
Do not contact VSC if your 140 is pending. Historically most of the (may be all) phone inquiry cases are denied. Ask your attorney to contact.

oh Man!!
This news is nothing but "Hurricane Katrina" in our Immigreation Process :mad:
==================
tigris said:
It says 01 JAN 1998 for EB3 Category (India)
I had high hopes !!! all shattered now.... Gurus please comment..

My Labor Priority Date is August 2002.(EB3 Category)

Thanks !

Retrogression

Hello all unlucky comrades,

I thought I was so close to being done but yet now I am so far. I guess thats how luck works. I don't understand one thing, until day before, they were processing PD with 2004 but now they can't process anything after Nov 99? I can't understand the logic behind this. Why didn't they process Nov 99 before they approved 2004? Anyway there is no use now.
I replied to my RFE and was received by uscis more than a month back. Are there any chances that the application would be approved before this mess starts? Is there any wildest chance of that happening? Any input is appreciated.

kskrajendra said:
Is there any validity for Previously approved LCs? Does it expire after some time, if it doesn't utilize? That gives some indication, that any PD prior to 98 and 99 for eb3 and eb2 cases.
Right not there is nothing like validity of LC, it can be used anytime. The new law about restricting LC substitution also has a clause where compnay have to utilize the approved LC in a given time. This is to best of my knowledge.

crossedfingers said:
Hello all unlucky comrades,

I thought I was so close to being done but yet now I am so far. I guess thats how luck works. I don't understand one thing, until day before, they were processing PD with 2004 but now they can't process anything after Nov 99? I can't understand the logic behind this. Why didn't they process Nov 99 before they approved 2004? Anyway there is no use now.
I replied to my RFE and was received by uscis more than a month back. Are there any chances that the application would be approved before this mess starts? Is there any wildest chance of that happening? Any input is appreciated.
Try sending a expedite request, it may work. It sort of worked for me.
Read the last page of the thread in my signature for more detail, post # 33.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Eric

EricS said:
Try sending a expedite request, it may work. It sort of worked for me.
Read the last page of the thread in my signature for more detail, post # 33.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your input. I would certainly try that out. Can you clarify whether you mailed the expedite request or e-mailed or called them. Can you give more details on the Address if it needs to be mailed, Email address if it needs to be emailed , I guess i know the phone# if i need to call them .

Thanks a bunch

RFE on I-131

Hi,
Recently I had applied for Advance Parole for my wife and kids and I have got an RFE for my wife as well as kids. Does any one has any idea that what could be this RFE. I also applied for EAD for my wife which got approved without any problem.
Sorry to bug you when there is retrogression mess..

Rfe Pa

Hi sarwa,
It might be because of the pictures/photos. I'm pretty sure. nothin to worry. Those stupid guys does not distingush between photos taken in sears versus digital photos.
Thanks

sarwarmd said:
Hi,
Recently I had applied for Advance Parole for my wife and kids and I have got an RFE for my wife as well as kids. Does any one has any idea that what could be this RFE. I also applied for EAD for my wife which got approved without any problem.
Sorry to bug you when there is retrogression mess..
They want your family to travel on GC...
Did you prepare I-131? recheck Photographs, I-485 receipts, amounts.

USCIS & DOL sat together and brought their figures to show performance since 1995-Todate. Please see example and uncover facts yourselves.

DOL-1998 (Performance Year)
DOL issued/Cerified LCs Total = 1,00,000 (Apprx)
Total # of GCs (estimated) = 1,00,000
INS/USCIS approved GC (actual) = 6,00,000 (Apprx)

This difference of 5,00,000 brought retrogression. A good lawyer of mine indicated to me 3 years back and predicted for next 5-10 years. The data exists for prior years as well.

OCT Visa Bulletin- EB3 Category- Retrogression- PLS CLARIFY

I am not clear on the Term "RETROGRESSION" and how it applies.

Visa Bulletin for OCT2005 EB3 Category (INDIA) says .. cut off date is "01JAN 1998" .

Does it means that people with Green Card Labor priority Date earlier than "01JAN1998" can ONLY file their I-485

OR

Does it mean people with with Green Card Labor priority Date earlier than "01JAN1998" can expect there APPROVAL notice.

Gurus,PLS Clarify...

thanks

tigris said:
I am not clear on the Term "RETROGRESSION" and how it applies.

Visa Bulletin for OCT2005 EB3 Category (INDIA) says .. cut off date is "01JAN 1998" .

Does it means that people with Green Card Labor priority Date earlier than "01JAN1998" can ONLY file their I-485

OR

Does it mean people with with Green Card Labor priority Date earlier than "01JAN1998" can expect there APPROVAL notice.

Gurus,PLS Clarify...

thanks

This Means Both.... If you want to apply for 485 your labor needs an priority date before Jan 1998-EB3/1999-EB2. INS will not approve any case that already filled with PD grater than 1998/99

crossedfingers said:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your input. I would certainly try that out. Can you clarify whether you mailed the expedite request or e-mailed or called them. Can you give more details on the Address if it needs to be mailed, Email address if it needs to be emailed , I guess i know the phone# if i need to call them .

Thanks a bunch
I sent the expedite request by FAX. The number is somewhere in this thread, search for 'expedite request' and you will find it. You can also check the number on USCIS.gov.

Got it, this is the information from USCIS.gov

"General Expedite Procedures By Fax The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.

The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM."