2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

sarwarmd said:
Hi,
Recently I had applied for Advance Parole for my wife and kids and I have got an RFE for my wife as well as kids. Does any one has any idea that what could be this RFE. I also applied for EAD for my wife which got approved without any problem.
Sorry to bug you when there is retrogression mess..

Most likely it will be for photographs.

Security Check? Is it FBI Names Check?

Hi,

I called VSC today about 485 as it is not updated last 60 days and passed 30 days of their current process date and they told me my I-485 is in security check!! and told me "they will have a answer once they receive security check. However my case status online was

"On April 30, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Now What is security check they are doing :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
To Eric

EricS said:
140 is not effected by retro. It will be approved if approvable.

Eric I have received by 485 approval email. My wife's case there is no update. Will she not get her GC because of retrogression if not approved by sep 30 . I know this may not make any sense. Should I Call VSC?

goodstart said:
Eric I have received by 485 approval email. My wife's case there is no update. Will she not get her GC because of retrogression if not approved by sep 30 . I know this may not make any sense. Should I Call VSC?
Congratulations on your 485 approval!

There is a chance that she will get her approval in a day or 2 after your approval. Otherwise, if she is not approved by sep 30th, she will have to wait for approval till your PD becomes current again.

Read my posts in this very thread on previous page, call VSC, sent expedite request, contact senator/congressman and do what-ever-else you can to get the attention of VSC to get her case approved. These are very crucial days, so act and do something, get moving!

Attorney Prepared

assur said:
They want your family to travel on GC...
Did you prepare I-131? recheck Photographs, I-485 receipts, amounts.
No, I did not prepare. Attorney prepared i-131 forms for all my family members.

Yes..It is FBI Name Check

I guess it is same as FBI Name Check. I think i am also stuck with NameCheck becauce my I-485 LUDs are same as yours and My I140 is still pending. Do you know anything about your 140.

VermontMA said:
Hi,

I called VSC today about 485 as it is not updated last 60 days and passed 30 days of their current process date and they told me my I-485 is in security check!! and told me "they will have a answer once they receive security check. However my case status online was

"On April 30, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

Now What is security check they are doing :confused:

EricS said:
Congratulations on your 485 approval!

There is a chance that she will get her approval in a day or 2 after your approval. Otherwise, if she is not approved by sep 30th, she will have to wait for approval till your PD becomes current again.

Read my posts in this very thread on previous page, call VSC, sent expedite request, contact senator/congressman and do what-ever-else you can to get the attention of VSC to get her case approved. These are very crucial days, so act and do something, get moving!

I am in the same boat. I already did all this, and came to know my wife's case is stuck in security check. God knows when that will get cleared. If she is not approved by Oct 1st, will she still be able to legally stay in US ? what is her status ? (incidently, she has an individual work history in the US i.e. she is on H1. I heard that spouse having individual work history takes more time for security check.. :( )

Timeline - applied 140/485 in Nov 04 (PD Jan 03). Got approval in Jun 05.

Please help somebody. :(

FBI Names Check:!!! No more Status Emails accepting till year end

Hi Luck_2005 thanks for you replay.

Hi Guys,

I just called FBI and they told me they are not accepting any status emails until this year end. :eek:

Please let me know if any one has email for FBI names check?? Incase.....I need.

Thanks

VermontMA said:

Hi Guys,

I just called FBI and they told me they are not accepting any status emails until this year end. :eek:

Please let me know if any one has email for FBI names check?? Incase.....I need.

Thanks

Hi VermontMA

I too called and they said the same answer. They said they are not doing any namechecks right now..I guess this whole process is mind torchuring...

could you tell me what happend with your 140

Regards
noluck_2005

FBI Names Check:!!! No more Status Emails accepting till year end

Hi Luck_2005,

My I-140 still pending, we called USCIS and requested status enquiry twise, then called them about status enquiry status :mad:. They said they send some info to us but never recived so I am planing to ask my employer to called them once again next week. :rolleyes:

Thanks

VermontMA said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

HI VermontMA,

I too called them and lady said they are not doing any namechecks right now..could you tell me about your I140

VermontMA said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Did they specify whether they are accepting but not actually processing the name check status emails ?

Not accepting status emails

She tole me just not accepting status email, we have no discussion about processing and she mentioned me that they will not disclose anything over phone. :cool:

no_id said:
Did they specify whether they are accepting but not actually processing the name check status emails ?

she told me they are not doing any namechecks...i don't know what that means exactly..it could be that they are not accepting any email requests..or they stopped doing name checks..she did tell me that people are waiting since a year for the namecheck..

VermontMA said:
She tole me just not accepting status email, we have no discussion about processing and she mentioned me that they will not disclose anything over phone. :cool:

hmm, that's strange, I sent an email yesterday ... guess they just diverted it to the Trash Can :D well.. at least I did what little I could... Thanks for the update VermontMA..

give me email id and content sample

Hi No_id,

Could you please give me FBI email id and content so that i will send along with you to trash can :) . Please send me.

Thanks

send an expedite request

Send an expedite request, some times it works. My paralegal send an expedite request and VSC was accepted( after 2 months) and approved the case.
luck_2005 said:
hi vermontMA

thank you so much for your reply..i can't believe waiting more than a year on 140 too...

Please share your I140 details

VermontMA said:
Hi No_id,

Could you please give me FBI email id and content so that i will send along with you to trash can :) . Please send me.

Thanks

Hi VermontMA

could you please share your I140 details. did u get any reply from Vermont.

We requested two status requests - No replay yet

Hi,

We requested status on my I-140 on Jun17th (attorny) and July 18th (My company). My company called on Aug 18 to ask about status on request, they said that "we responded to your request it will be in your post with in next week, other wise call us" but we havn't received yet. Planing to call them next week.

Can any one please upload excel sheet to see how other case status is........

Thanks