2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Any clue

Gurus,

Does anybody have a clue what retrogression is all about?
I heard, if your 140 is already approved, then it doesnt apply, they will still process all 485 applications as per the dates published. If anyone hasnt got their visa numbers yet, those are the only ones in trouble.

What is this "visa Number"? Is this TRUE?

Clarification please -- appreciate the response.

GCG,

thanks for sharing your info..

but you atleast have your 140 approved.. not like mine.. i dont have any info about my 140 and 485, i am not sure why did they send me FP 10 months back and do nothing.

Yes, let us hope our day will come soon.

GCG said:
kkprasadh,

i am in the same boat, stuck in the name check. your dates are very close to mine. don't know if it's something related to RD/ND, but I suspect there was something random that pushed people through cracks of FBI's name check process...

let's hope for the best. eventually our time will come, they can't keep cases in the name check forever as they will be flooded with curt orders...

GL.

kkprasadh said:
i dont know what is happening to our case, my 140 is still pending, we did our FP in nov 2004, no update of status yet, we made an inquiry thru attorney, employer, thru congressman, nothing happening.

Eric,

congrats on your approval, you said about expedite request, what is the criteria to raise that, is there any form available, appreciate your response.

Thanks

Thanks!
See the following thread, it has informatio on where and how to send.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189915

The thread in my signature has what you need for criteria.

WhereIsMyLabour said:
Hi EricS,
As you mentioned there is no LUD after 19th on I140 and there is three more LUD's on my 485.
Is that good sign?
Also what are my chances to get approved before October?
Thank you
Can't say for sure, but looking at your LUD pattern for 485, there are chances for approval before Oct.

aj_jadeja said:
Yo Eric and other experts

Any clue why one can not track 140 cases online ?

Issue is i have 140 filed in month of May and i can not track my case online. Rest of the cases i can track and see updates. any way to fix this by calling some # or by mailing to some email ?

AJ
Tracking cases does not depend on case type (485 or 140 etc.) or on the month of ND. Make sure you have a complete and correct 140 receipt number. What message do you get when you put in your EAC#? Do you have a copy of your 140 receipt notice?

I do not know of any # or email to get these kind of issues fixed. You can ask your lawyer/HR to call USCIS and findout the case status and also why it is not available for online tracking.

ashhegde said:
Gurus,

Does anybody have a clue what retrogression is all about?
There are so many article written on retrogression. One of the articles is:
"Priority Dates: What they are, How they work, and Why they drive us all crazy... "
http://www.usvisanews.com/priority.shtml
I heard, if your 140 is already approved, then it doesnt apply, they will still process all 485 applications as per the dates published.
Wrong statement.
If anyone hasnt got their visa numbers yet, those are the only ones in trouble.

What is this "visa Number"? Is this TRUE?

Clarification please -- appreciate the response.
Yup, they are in trouble. Visa number is assigned just before 485 approval. If no Visa number available, no 485 approval. Search for "VISA Number" in this forum and you will find some good articles.

This explains the math:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189384

Do we need to see LUD after Address change..........

Hi,
Do we need to see any LUD after Address change on 485??
The Customer support told me that she did on Thursday, but still i am not seeing LUD change??

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
case status

EricS said:
Tracking cases does not depend on case type (485 or 140 etc.) or on the month of ND. Make sure you have a complete and correct 140 receipt number. What message do you get when you put in your EAC#? Do you have a copy of your 140 receipt notice?

I do not know of any # or email to get these kind of issues fixed. You can ask your lawyer/HR to call USCIS and findout the case status and also why it is not available for online tracking.

Well i have copy 140 receipt and i m pasting # from it. I get following error.

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

My gr8 lawyers wont help me in anything as VSC is processing march 26 2005 for 140 case and i have RD of may 25 2005.

Yes

nivasch said:
Hi,
Do we need to see any LUD after Address change on 485??
The Customer support told me that she did on Thursday, but still i am not seeing LUD change??

Thx
When I did my address change I got an LUD after approx 2/3 weeks. And also got a mail through USPS for individual member in the family.

GCBee

Hi gcbee,
Thank you for your input, i did address change on 9/22/05, so i should wait to see the LUD approx 2 to 3 weeks.
----------------------------------------------
gcbee said:
When I did my address change I got an LUD after approx 2/3 weeks. And also got a mail through USPS for individual member in the family.

GCBee
----------------------
thank you.

aj_jadeja,

I beleive this is not a problem. One of my friend applied his H1B for which he got EAC Number and when he tried to get the online status, He got the usual message. But later he decided to upgrade his H1B from regular to premium, once his appl reached USCIS, he got LUD on his original EAC , but the message is shown as

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

But after some time he got his H1B approved.

So don;'t worry. This may be some problem in their system

aj_jadeja said:
Well i have copy 140 receipt and i m pasting # from it. I get following error.

"Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application. "

My gr8 lawyers wont help me in anything as VSC is processing march 26 2005 for 140 case and i have RD of may 25 2005.

approval

At last our 485 cases were approved but one of my son's case was stuck in security check. It took 2 expedited requests to change EB3 to EB2. Last week they ammended my 140 and at the very last possible moment, they approved our 485 cases.
rrml
140/485ND : 05/26/2004
Cat:EB2
PD: Oct2002.
140 AD: 9/21/2004
485 AD:9/30/2005

change for EB3 to EB2!!!

HI,

If you please shear you experience to change EB3 to EB2. Would be very helpful. Enjoy your son's freedom.

Thanks

rrml said:
At last our 485 cases were approved but one of my son's case was stuck in security check. It took 2 expedited requests to change EB3 to EB2. Last week they ammended my 140 and at the very last possible moment, they approved our 485 cases.
rrml
140/485ND : 05/26/2004
Cat:EB2
PD: Oct2002.
140 AD: 9/21/2004
485 AD:9/30/2005

perm08 said:
HI,

If you please shear you experience to change EB3 to EB2. Would be very helpful. Enjoy your son's freedom.

Thanks
I confused you, may be I am already in high. We have altogether 4 applications and they are pending even when our processing dates have been passed. I raised enquiry in June 2005 and got response saying that VISA numbers are not available. When I called the USCIS, the officer told me that I am in EB3, even though I applied 140 in EB2. We raised expedited request in July 1st week, which was accepted by USCIS, but nothing happened. We raised second expedited request again in September 1st week. Last week 140 was amended and today we got 485 approvals for 3 of us. One of the son's application is still pending and when I called up, his application is pending in security check. As my priority date is Oct2002, his GC may be stuck for another 2 to 3 years.
Thanks
rrml

Approved Spouse Case

After a long wait my wife's case was approved today. Thanks everone for the useful information. I do'nt know if it is because of status enquiry we opened couple of weeks ago. I wish you all good luck.

Below are my details.
Spouse case
eb2
filed 8/10/2004
F.P. 3/2005
NO RFE

140 Approved after denial

Hi guys,

I have been away from this forum for a while now. Around May I got news that my 140 got denied due to Inability to Pay and as such the 485, EAD, AP all got denied. My 7th year H1B was also expiring in September. After waiting for 3 and a 1/2 years, I felt lost and defeated.

When all ends were coming near and we were ready to give up, UnitedNations came thru and presented a very very solid case to the Vermont Service Center in the form of an appeal in June.

A week ago I got news from UnitedNations that my 140 was finally approved and that the 485 cases were also reopened (my wife's case is still not opened!)

If there is a God, He will come thru in the form of someone and I would have given up on the hopes of a GC had it not been for UnitedNations. Thanks to him I may someday see a Green Card!

Now is the long wait for the 485...

Got the Cards

Hi All
Just wanted to thanks you all for all the information people share here..and that i finally got my physical plastic GC after 5 months wait.

All the best to every one
Thanks
Utkarsh