2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

MGC407 said:
My concurrently filed EB3, I-140/485 ND/PD 8/04 has been stucked in VSC,there has been no LUD or RFE for the I 140.The initial EAD's/AP's were approved within 10 days. The only LUD for 485 was for fingerprinting recieved and processing is continuing. My attorney claim she has written them about the 140 since VSC is processing 03/05 and no reply is forthcoming.She thinks they must have missed it out but confident they will approve it. Now 485 is showing 12/04. I have made personal inquiries about 140 but was always told the petitioner has to call. I called regarding the 485 was told 140 must be approved before 485. I am US trained RN, with VISASCREEN, not from retrogressed country. I have recently renewed EAD's/AP's. What can you suggest that i do now to help trigger the approval and prevent the medicals from expiring and the 50,000 Schedule A Visa's are exhausted. Your suggestions please :confused:

My suggestion

Call ur lawyer and and make a 3 way conf call to VSC and sort out the issue . Written crap doens work all the time.

How to set up Finger print appointment?

I have just received the receipt notice from USCIS. The notice says that I should call the customer service to set up the FP appointment. I request the gurus to please inform whether I should call customer support to set up the interview or the should I wait for USCIS to set up the FP appoitment?

MGC407 said:
My concurrently filed EB3, I-140/485 ND/PD 8/04 has been stucked in VSC,there has been no LUD or RFE for the I 140.The initial EAD's/AP's were approved within 10 days. The only LUD for 485 was for fingerprinting recieved and processing is continuing. My attorney claim she has written them about the 140 since VSC is processing 03/05 and no reply is forthcoming.She thinks they must have missed it out but confident they will approve it. Now 485 is showing 12/04. I have made personal inquiries about 140 but was always told the petitioner has to call. I called regarding the 485 was told 140 must be approved before 485. I am US trained RN, with VISASCREEN, not from retrogressed country. I have recently renewed EAD's/AP's. What can you suggest that i do now to help trigger the approval and prevent the medicals from expiring and the 50,000 Schedule A Visa's are exhausted. Your suggestions please :confused:

Raise query on your 485 - do not talk about your 140 with them.

Send FOIA request for your 140 separately.

Also start representation process - get appointment with local congressman and senator. Once you get reply from VSC on your 485 query - attach it with your memo to congressman/senator.

Do not worry - it is just matter of time - couple of weeks at the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi said:
Raise query on your 485 - do not talk to them about your 140 with them.

Send FOIA request for your 140 separately.

Also start representation process - get appointment with local congressman and senator. Once you get reply from VSC on your 485 query - attach it with your memo to congressman/senator.

Do not worry - it is just matter of time - couple of weeks at the most.
Thanks for your kind reply and bear with me while i analyze your recommendation to fully grasp it.
The query on 485 does it have to be a written request/filing of a form or just the usual phone call.
From the various post, will the FOIA not take a very long time. I will be making the representation move after the holiday to locate my congressman.Further support/guidiance will be appreciated. Regards

MGC407 said:
Thanks for your kind reply and bear with me while i analyze your recommendation to fully grasp it.
The query on 485 does it have to be a written request/filing of a form or just the usual phone call.
From the various post, will the FOIA not take a very long time. I will be making the representation move after the holiday to locate my congressman.Further support/guidiance will be appreciated. Regards

Welcome MGC407!

You can raise query over phone. In case you don't know how to get to representative in VSC directly, here it is again:

> How to connect to VSC?:
>
> Call 1-800-375-LATE
> Steps:
> 1. Press 1 for English.
> 2. Press 2 for existing case.
> 3. Press 6 for case status.
> 4. Press 1 for known case status.
> 5. Punch case number which would be your 485 case number.
> 6. Listen till end of message.
> 7. At the end - listen instructions and press 3.
> 8. Press 4.

Important - For those impacted by immigrant visa retrogression

Folks,

You must have seen this elsewhere. There is a lobbying group that's writing letters to senators etc. trying to bring their attention to the EB2/EB3 retrogression. I wish there was another petition for name check issues.

I've enclosed their link which talks about what each of us can do in that regard. Please do your bit ASAP. Time is of the essence here. It is due by Oct 23.

*************************************************************************************************************

Go to the following link:
http://www.isnamerica.org/lobbying/hubplan.asp

Here, you will see the faq and description in the
folder to explain what to do.

Basically it is for everyone to print and sign the
letters and mail them to the hub volunteer. The hub
volunteer will collect and mail the letters out to
the senators on Oct 23. So please forward to as many
people as you know and sent out the letters as soon
as possible to avoid postal delay.

Each person will send out 4 letters:
* 2 letters to the senators of your state: 2 copies
of
1A_Letter_GC_Filed.doc or
1B_Letter_GC_Not_Yet_Filed.doc
* 1 letter to AILA: 2_Letter_AILA.doc
* 1 generic letter: 3_Letter_Industrial_Leaders.doc

The HUB_DETAILS.xls has the postal address of your
hub volunteer and also the names of the senators of
each state.

*************************************************************************************************************

Nirvan said:
I have just received the receipt notice from USCIS. The notice says that I should call the customer service to set up the FP appointment. I request the gurus to please inform whether I should call customer support to set up the interview or the should I wait for USCIS to set up the FP appoitment?
Hi Nirvan,
Our lawyer sent all our EAD,AP,140,485 on sept 29th by overnight.
The question I have for u is, do we get seperate case ids on all these apps or is it one case id. Who gets these case ids, the lawyer or us ? We have not received any receipt from USCIS until now, when can I expect a case id for tracking purpose
chicchu

Hi,

I am in the same situation, check my signature. i have made every inquiries possible, no result so far. Last my congressman wrote me saying my case is given to a officer with a completion date of sep. 22,2005 but more than 20 days from that date, there is no changes still.

Thanks

MGC407 said:

Your lawer will get seperate Reciepts for each application.
chicchu said:
Hi Nirvan,
Our lawyer sent all our EAD,AP,140,485 on sept 29th by overnight.
The question I have for u is, do we get seperate case ids on all these apps or is it one case id. Who gets these case ids, the lawyer or us ? We have not received any receipt from USCIS until now, when can I expect a case id for tracking purpose
chicchu

Today's Approval

EB2/NJ/PD: DEC 2001
I-140 : AD 02/16/05
I-485 ND :12/06/04 AD: USCIS did not touch it today
2nd. EAD : AD:10/12/05 (sent for renewal on 09/14/05)

http://www.immigration-law.com

10/12/2005: Suspicious IV Priority Date Report in Delhi Web Site Excites the Immigrants

PRIORITY DATES FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2005
FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
INDIA OTHERS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98
F2A 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01
F2B 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96
F3 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98
F4 1-Aug-93 1-Aug-93

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT
E3 1-May-00 CURRENT
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX CURRENT CURRENT

brs2004 said:
10/12/2005: Suspicious IV Priority Date Report in Delhi Web Site Excites the Immigrants

PRIORITY DATES FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2005
FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
INDIA OTHERS
F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 1-Oct-98 1-Oct-98
F2A 1-Nov-01 1-Nov-01

F2B 22-Apr-96 22-Apr-96
F3 15-Apr-98 15-Apr-98
F4 1-Aug-93 1-Aug-93

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
E1 1-Aug-02 CURRENT
E2 1-Nov-99 CURRENT
E3 1-May-00 CURRENT
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-00 1-Oct-00
EX CURRENT CURRENT

Is Delhi consulate developing a sense of humor?

How long will it take to get the receipts

gcbee said:
Your lawer will get seperate Reciepts for each application.
How long will it take to get the receipts. Lawyer did a overnight of all our apps on Sept 29th ?
chicchu

USCIS & Congressman's Response,

Anybody heard about the following things? as I heard it today from USCIS & Congressman Office
1- The office of the congressman informed me "more FUNDING for resources has been requested to process the pending cases (I485), Security Checks. USCIS asked Congressman office to call after 90 days."
2- USCIS representative told me "your case is pending for additional security checks ??"
3- USCIS representative said "I am updating your travel plan so that you can avoid heavy workload on oncoming days ??"
4- Child under 14 can get EAD (Mention: Identification Purpose), legally under 14 cannot work.

assur said:
Anybody heard about the following things? as I heard it today from USCIS & Congressman Office
Hi Friends,
I enquired my employer about my pending application both for 140 and 485. This is what I get as a feedback from him. Does this at all make any sense? Is it a reliable answer?

I called the National Customer Service Center and s/w an Immigration officer regarding the status of I-140. I was told that we are not able to do a status inquiry on this case at this time because it can take up to a year for them to make a decision.

Need your thoughts!!

I-485
RD 12/22/2004 ND 12/29/2004
I-140 EB3
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
FP recd - 5/2/2005
I140 AD - God knows
I485 AD - God knows

This does not make sense, as VSC is currently handlingMay 2005 cases, so your case should have been reviewed by now. I think, you need to show your emplyer the processing time lines and then ask them to speak to VSC.

Regards

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi Friends,
I enquired my employer about my pending application both for 140 and 485. This is what I get as a feedback from him. Does this at all make any sense? Is it a reliable answer?

I called the National Customer Service Center and s/w an Immigration officer regarding the status of I-140. I was told that we are not able to do a status inquiry on this case at this time because it can take up to a year for them to make a decision.

Need your thoughts!!

I-485
I-140 EB3
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
FP recd - 5/2/2005
I140 AD - God knows
I485 AD - God knows

Hey nyq,

Did you call them? What was the reponse? I have the same timeframe as you.

-Binary

ny-quant said:
Well, at least they officially are are 12/1/2004 for I-485, so finally I have a valid reason to call them and request an explanation why I'm stuck :(

-nyq