2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

please advice

yesterday i went to the local office for IEAD and then i new my I 140 is on hold ( which was approved in sep 2004) so they r not issuing me the IEAD. I don't even have my H1 as an alternative so right now i am out of work.
And i don't see that there will be a possibility of resolving this in couple of days. I don't want to stay here without job and not knowing when it will be resolved.
My question is can I with draw my I 485 application and leave the country? and will i be out of status the moment i withdraw application or how many days time will I have.

gcva said:
My EAD expires on November 30th..I have applied for extension on August 9th and it is approved today.But, as per VSC website, they are processing June 25th cases. It is safe to apply 90 days ahead of your expiry date, as in case if it not approved within that time, you can go and get an IEAD from local office.

Thanks
What is validity fo your EAD after renewal? Is that eating 2-3 months or not?

gc_wcu said:
yesterday i went to the local office for IEAD and then i new my I 140 is on hold ( which was approved in sep 2004) so they r not issuing me the IEAD. I don't even have my H1 as an alternative so right now i am out of work.
And i don't see that there will be a possibility of resolving this in couple of days. I don't want to stay here without job and not knowing when it will be resolved.
My question is can I with draw my I 485 application and leave the country? and will i be out of status the moment i withdraw application or how many days time will I have.
Is that possible? Do you know why it is on hold?

assur said:
What is validity fo your EAD after renewal? Is that eating 2-3 months or not?

They will give new validity for one year from the date of approval.You'll loose any balance period on old EAD.

gcva said:

They will give new validity for one year from the date of approval.You'll loose any balance period on old EAD.

Thats true, and really sucks. Why would they eat up the 3-4 months?
Filing EAD costs nearly $200 adding the cost of going to ASC for FP (parking charges are nearly $15 in NJ ACS in newark).
We are expected to file 4 months before the EAD expires so that if the fresh EAD does not arrive by the time the current EAD expires you will still be able to work.
And now if the renewed EAD comes in 15-20 days you loose 3 months. If you dont get the GC for 4 years and keep renewing the EAD in the same manner, you will end up with 5 EAD's in 4 years. For EB3 folks this is a realistic scenario. If the the company is paying then its alright, but from your own pocket, its like you are paying almost $200 more for your car insurance evry year. And if you are married then its $400 extra.
It almost costs you a 60GB iPod evry year.
Also if you count the Advance Parole costs.... go figure.

neocor

Nice valid logic, you may want this to ombudsman

neocor said:
Thats true, and really sucks. Why would they eat up the 3-4 months?
Filing EAD costs nearly $200 adding the cost of going to ASC for FP (parking charges are nearly $15 in NJ ACS in newark).
We are expected to file 4 months before the EAD expires so that if the fresh EAD does not arrive by the time the current EAD expires you will still be able to work.
And now if the renewed EAD comes in 15-20 days you loose 3 months. If you dont get the GC for 4 years and keep renewing the EAD in the same manner, you will end up with 5 EAD's in 4 years. For EB3 folks this is a realistic scenario. If the the company is paying then its alright, but from your own pocket, its like you are paying almost $200 more for your car insurance evry year. And if you are married then its $400 extra.
It almost costs you a 60GB iPod evry year.
Also if you count the Advance Parole costs.... go figure.

neocor

New Visa Dates Out

Check the new visa bulletin published in Manila US embassy site.

"http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html".

If this is true, it is very very disappointing.
EB3 dates moved back to 1998 for India and 2000 for China
EB2 dates moved back to November 1999 for India and 2000 for China.

It seems everyone of us are royally screwed.

can this be right?

I thought, given the recession in the past several years, there wasn't a huge influx of employment-based immigrants from China and India. Why the sudden move back by more than 5 years? For China, even EB-1's have cut-off dates of Jan. 2000.

You are right: if this is true, everyone is screwed big time.

gcva said:
Check the new visa bulletin published in Manila US embassy site.

"http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html".

If this is true, it is very very disappointing.
EB3 dates moved back to 1998 for India and 2000 for China
EB2 dates moved back to November 1999 for India and 2000 for China.

It seems everyone of us are royally screwed.

Fake web page

opthb said:
I thought, given the recession in the past several years, there wasn't a huge influx of employment-based immigrants from China and India. Why the sudden move back by more than 5 years? For China, even EB-1's have cut-off dates of Jan. 2000.

You are right: if this is true, everyone is screwed big time.

Guys,
This page is no longer accessible. I think it was just a fake page posted my some poor soul to put us through some mental turmoil. Lets wait until we get to see it on the USCIS website itself.
me.

Gcprocess2005 said:
Guys,
This page is no longer accessible. I think it was just a fake page posted my some poor soul to put us through some mental turmoil. Lets wait until we get to see it on the USCIS website itself.
me.

Friends,
I would say...please relax my friends....because this whole things looks little fishy to me....because if you look at any of the US embassies in the world they all start with http:// "name of the place".usembassy.gov/.....and the one..... This so called visa bulletin page is directed towards is:

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html

This is pointing to http://usembassy.state.gov/"name of the place"..........
This is highly impossible...........I did couple of tests on the http://usembassy.state.gov website..............

Please you guys try it too………..

Also if you go to the manila US embassy web site from the above mentioned DOS website and than click the immigration VISA PRIORITY DATES....IT TAKES YOU BACK TO THE FOLLWOING:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2616.html

So THE CONCLUSION IS THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG SOMEWHERE AND I WILL WAIT TIL THE WORD IS OFFICIAL OR SOMETHING COMES FROM THE DOS CURRENT BULLETIN WEBSITE.

Praying for all........

Naresh_GC said:
The following links seem to be working on Firefox browser. For some reason Internet Explorer doesn't like them.

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwh3227.html
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html

WEIRD..I am scared

I have just recently applied last month ( see my signature below) for EAD/AP/I140 I 485( eb2). If this retrogression news is true, will it put my EAD on hold as well? My EAD/Ap are not approved as yet! Will this put my EAD/AP application on hold as well. I would appreciate if any one has answers to this.

Thank You

njrirlabor said:
I have just recently applied last month ( see my signature below) for EAD/AP/I140 I 485( eb2). If this retrogression news is true, will it put my EAD on hold as well? My EAD/Ap are not approved as yet! Will this put my EAD/AP application on hold as well. I would appreciate if any one has answers to this.

Thank You

Guys,
Please do not PANIC. I think we should think logically here. If this retrogession were to happen for indian and china, why would this be published on manila's website first? It totally makes no sense. Also, there are lots of url validators available on the internet. Use them to find the authenticity of the site..

Manila Website Visa Cutoff Date Report - Need Verification

The Manila site cutoff date report is too suspicious at this time that we advise readers not to be too alerted by the Manila site report until details are verified. It is not going to be too long before the official Visa Bulletin will be released by the U.S. Department of State. Additionally, the specific nature and purpose of the Manila site report will be clarified soon. Until that, we advise the readers to ignore the Manila site report.

More Info @ www.immigration-law.com

EAD #2 and AP #2 approved quickly

Well, at least somebody in USCIS is working.

I got my second round of EAD and AP approved very promptly (RD 08/22, AD 09/09) -- in less than 3 weeks.

Now... as you got your pocket change in additional fees, ple-e-e-ase issue my GC!

ny-quant said:
Well, at least somebody in USCIS is working.

I got my second round of EAD and AP approved very promptly (RD 08/22, AD 09/09) -- in less than 3 weeks.

Now... as you got your pocket change in additional fees, ple-e-e-ase issue my GC!
I applied 2nd EAD today (09/13/2005) myself:
The current EAD is expiring on 12/22/2005
I enclosed the following with covering letter:
1- Check for $175
2- Orginal Mailer (received with 1st EAD and as instructed)
3- Form I-765
4- Copy of EAD (Front/Back)
5- Receipt I-485 ??
6- FP ??
7: 2 Photographs
Sent to: USCIS, Vermont Service Center (where my case applications were filed)
Please comment, if you see any problem. That will help everybody who wants to file himself/herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi assur,

Thanks for the information you have provided to us.
Do you know what are the documents needed for AP ?
Because I am also in same boat, my EAD and AP are expiring October 25th. I am planning to apply my self

BTW:
Have you submitted the personal check or Money Order ? and
what is "Orginal Mailer (received with 1st EAD and as instructed)
" ?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks
-smbasha