2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

VA_Mclean

Hi VA_Mclean:
You read my mind - I too was abt to ask the same to ETA-GC.
My LUD has also changed few times since my FP process, my gutt feel is the bottle neck is at name check. ETA-GC shed some light here - guru!
VA_Mclean, did you fax them or Email then for name check, what was your method of approch, pls lemme know. I emailed them but thats just as good as not emailing.
Thanks for your ans in adv.
uNeverKnow.

VA_Mclean said:
ETA-GC,

Have you got you Name check cleared. .... officer looks in to my case and finds the namecheck is not available he keeps it as it is and the LUD changes because there is some activity on my case.

ETA-GC , Can you please put in your expert opinion.

Thanks,
Shashidhar.

Name Check?

pardon for my ignorance, I know FP notice, but I never got name check notice. How do I start the Name Check process?
Thanks,

uNeverKnow said:
Hi VA_Mclean:
You read my mind - I too was abt to ask the same to ETA-GC.
My LUD has also changed few times since my FP process, my gutt feel is the bottle neck is at name check. ETA-GC shed some light here - guru!
VA_Mclean, did you fax them or Email then for name check, what was your method of approch, pls lemme know. I emailed them but thats just as good as not emailing.
Thanks for your ans in adv.
uNeverKnow.

Hi uNeverKnow,

I did send them a email, and i got a reply in 6-7 weeks timeframe.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

stillGoing said:
pardon for my ignorance, I know FP notice, but I never got name check notice. How do I start the Name Check process?
Thanks,
Hi StillGoing,

NameCheck process is automatically initiated by INS as part of your I-485 process. A request is sent by INS to FBI for a NameCheck. There is no notice sent by INS like that of fingure print. You do not have to anticipate a namecheck notice or start a name check process.

But you can find out the status of you NameCheck by sending you detail to the following address FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Give you details as follows.

First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name :
Data of Birth :
A# :
Email Address:

I will take around 6-7 weeks from them to get back to you.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

stillGoing said:
Thanks for the info,
it's all in side. I dig, I will find out.

Personally I haven't tried checking yet. My FP was done on 11/27/04 so I will probably wait another month or so. ND is 10/21/03.
Would be interested in hearing your results however :)

VA_Mclean,
Very useful info, Thanks So MUCH! I am requesting the namecheck status.

AR13, I will let you know the result.

Thanks for you guys!

VA_Mclean said:
Hi StillGoing,

NameCheck process is automatically initiated by INS as part of your I-485 process. A request is sent by INS to FBI for a NameCheck. There is no notice sent by INS like that of fingure print. You do not have to anticipate a namecheck notice or start a name check process.

But you can find out the status of you NameCheck by sending you detail to the following address FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

Give you details as follows.

First Name :
Middle Name :
Last Name :
Data of Birth :
A# :
Email Address:

I will take around 6-7 weeks from them to get back to you.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

ar13 said:
Personally I haven't tried checking yet. My FP was done on 11/27/04 so I will probably wait another month or so. ND is 10/21/03.
Would be interested in hearing your results however :)

Hi AR13,

You dont have to wait for checking you NameCheck status. Usually NameCheck request is sent to FBI by INS with in a month from your I-485 ND Date. My suggestion is not to waste time. Put in request as soon a possible so that you anticipate your I-485 approval correctly.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean.

.......In my knowledge, both UK and Germany (not sure about France) require some kind of stamp on your passport that show them that either you have a valid visa/passport for the country of your destination........

So, the onward travel (USA to India) should be okay without transit visa? Because of my Indian passport? And whole returning to USA I should ensure I have transit visa?

Travelling with AP

Thank you all for your replies.
Yes, I am travelling from Newark via Paris to Mumbai on Dec 24th.
To make things worse, I have my finger printing on Dec 14th. So I cannot go for a transit visa before that.

knpguy2004, could you please tell me where exactly they detained you?
Also, while going to India was there a problem? If not, may be I should get a transit visa while I am in India.

Thanks all

knpguy2004 said:
Actually this is not true!

I can tell you from first hand experience that Advanced Parole does not work as a transit visa for some countries. E.g. Germany. It's rule is that they do not accept 'loose leaf' documents such as Advanced Parole to give entry into a German airport.

I had this experience first hand when I went to India this August. I went to the airport with Advanced Parole document and an approval notice for H1B extension. H1B stamped in my passport was expired. I was NOT allowed to board the airplane that day. I had to go to German consulate next day and get the transit visa. German consulate will accept Advanced Parole as a valid document to get Transit Visa.

See the diiference is that Advanced Parole does not stand on its own as a Transit Visa but can be used to get the Transit Visa.

Every country has different rules, so it is best to check that countries consulate website or call them to find out.

So be careful and enjoy your trip!

VA_Mclean said:
ETA-GC,

Have you got you Name check cleared. I feel INS is clearing only those cases where everything is clear(namecheck,fp, and i140). My Name check has got stuck. It was sent to FBI on July 31st 2003 and has not been cleared yet. I have sent and spoke to the senator's office but no progress yet. I got a reply from FBI that they are working on the back log and have completed 99.5% and will send a decision to INS as soon as possible.

My LUD on I-485 has changed at least 7 times since october 2004 with no message change it is the same since they have received the application.

My conclusion is the every time the officer looks in to my case and finds the namecheck is not available he keeps it as it is and the LUD changes because there is some activity on my case.

ETA-GC , Can you please put in your expert opinion.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

My name check is apparently cleared (around March 2004). In general, most people in the 2003 tracker (>90%?) probably have their name check cleared at this point -- this only gets held up in relatively rare cases (although it won't seem rare if it's happened to you :(...).

My LUD (and my wife's) changed on 11/30/04 but nothing since then. I would guess that your theory could be at least partially correct but there still isn't any clear pattern with the LUDs as far as I know. Some people get approved with no LUD, some get a LUD 1/2 days before approval, some get a LUD 6 weeks before...

ETA

ETA-GC said:
My name check is apparently cleared (around March 2004). In general, most people in the 2003 tracker (>90%?) probably have their name check cleared at this point -- this only gets held up in relatively rare cases (although it won't seem rare if it's happened to you :(...).

My LUD (and my wife's) changed on 11/30/04 but nothing since then. I would guess that your theory could be at least partially correct but there still isn't any clear pattern with the LUDs as far as I know. Some people get approved with no LUD, some get a LUD 1/2 days before approval, some get a LUD 6 weeks before...

ETA

Thank you ETA-GC,

I went a step further and sent a FOIPA and got a reply that

"A search of the automated indices to our central records system files located no records at FBI Headquarters responsive to you FOIPA request"

What next should if do, Waiting for you opinion.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean.

Tracker Updated

Reluctantly added transfer information for Nemessis (ND: 07/22/03 transferred: 12/07/04). Hope Philly gets to your case quickly!

ETA

VA_Mclean said:
I went a step further and sent a FOIPA and got a reply that

"A search of the automated indices to our central records system files located no records at FBI Headquarters responsive to you FOIPA request"

What next should if do, Waiting for you opinion.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are doing everything that you can short of suing the UCSIS...

ETA

VA_Mclean

Hi VA_Mclean:
Whats a FOIPA? How do I initiate this?
Thanks in ADV
uNeverKnow
VA_Mclean said:
Thank you ETA-GC,
I went a step further and sent a FOIPA and got a reply that ...Waiting for you opinion.

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval information for tblade (noticed this on rupnet and he's also in this tracker, ND: 08/06/03 AD: 12/8/4).

ETA

my experience with transit visas and the like

Sorry guys, meant to post this a while ago, but got busy just before leaving for India and then figured I would take a break from this site while on vacation, but hey, old habits die hard? :D

As for my experiences - after getting 3 separate confirmations from 3 different German consulates that I would need a transit visa, I decided to go ahead and get one. I picked the NYC consulate for 2 reasons - a) I live close by and b) they claimed that they would return my passport the same day.

True to their word, they turned around the visa in < 1 hr (If only the USCIS worked like that :p !!). I showed up there around 11:30; was out before 1pm (there were a few people ahead of me in line). One thing - they say online they require 2 passport pics; they only need one - which they scan and return to you right away.

Now, for the actual flight to India - I flew Delta and nary a soul checked any visas on my passport. Neither in Philly (where my flight originated), nor in JFK (where I connected to FRA) or for that matter, in FRA did anybody look for any visa. (FYI - they still don't have the personal screens with on-demand on Delta - you have to watch the common screens, and the booze is no longer free in cattle-class - bring along a hip flask :D !)

Anyways, that was my experience. I guess I should try and post this in the transit visa forum.

Cheers,

K

expected said:
Thank you all for your replies.
Yes, I am travelling from Newark via Paris to Mumbai on Dec 24th.
To make things worse, I have my finger printing on Dec 14th. So I cannot go for a transit visa before that.

knpguy2004, could you please tell me where exactly they detained you?
Also, while going to India was there a problem? If not, may be I should get a transit visa while I am in India.

Thanks all

uNeverKnow said:
Hi VA_Mclean:
Whats a FOIPA? How do I initiate this?
Thanks in ADV
uNeverKnow

Hi uNeverKnow,

FOIPA(freedom of information and privacy act). I would advice you to wait for your NameCheck status, who knows your namecheck would have already been cleared long back. But if you find that your namecheck has not been cleared then for your satisfaction to find the cause for the delay you can send a FOIPA request to find out if there was any hit on your name which is causing the delay. Let me know if you are still interested in the format and content for FOIPA.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

VA_Mclean
In what form do you get a FOIPA response ? do they mail a letter, send an email or fax the response back to you ?

Thanks for your time

Regards,
veeru

VA_Mclean said:
Hi uNeverKnow,

FOIPA(freedom of information and privacy act). I would advice you to wait for your NameCheck status, who knows your namecheck would have already been cleared long back. But if you find that your namecheck has not been cleared then for your satisfaction to find the cause for the delay you can send a FOIPA request to find out if there was any hit on your name which is causing the delay. Let me know if you are still interested in the format and content for FOIPA.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean