2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

and nice to see another October 2003 approval

Iam with you on that, brother! :D

Does anyone remember what time the approvals / LUD changes started pouring in last Tuesday? I hope we can expect the same today! :)

Hello all ,

I 485 ND-09/15/03
FP - 10/26/04
2EAD applied ND - 11/15

LUD 11/02 ( FP Received) & 11/24 - no message
AD ...?..waiting... :)

GIVEMEMYGC said:
updated excel sheet

Fixed the tracker.

I'm not picking on anyone here (the tracker is definitely tricky to update) but your new entry:

+is in the wrong place
+has a bunch of invalid cells (e.g. nothing in the I-485 date and error-checking cells).

To update the tracker (these instructions are now at the top of the sheet in a comment):

#1 Find an entry in the right EB section with an I-140 ND that is close to yours (either the concurrent ND or the separate filers I-140 ND).

#2 Make a copy of that entire line (right click on the line number and select copy).

(Don't *insert* a new line then edit that or many of the cells will be empty, including many of the stats and error-checking cells).#2 Make a copy of that entire line (right click on the line number and select copy).

#3 Paste the copied line into the correct location (right click on the line after the desired location and select paste copied cells).

#4 Edit the copied line for your user name and dates etc. Don't edit anything past the I-485 Completed Date column except for the Comments field (if you have comments).

#5 Look for any errors. If it's not showing 0 Errors in red near the upper left, something is wrong. Make sure your entry is sorted by ND and that you have either a single I-140 ND (concurrent) separate I-140 and I-485 NDs.

#6 Save the sheet.

#7 Post it (make sure you keep the name 2003.xls).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Added my case details

I-140 EB3 (substitute labor) ND 9/18/03 - Pending approval No RFE No LUDs so far.. :(
I-485/AP/EAD ND 10/8/03 - EAD/AP approved
FP notice received on 9/25/04 completed 9/28/04 :)
I-485 LUB/msg changed to 'received fp' latest LUD 12/3/04 :confused:

Strangerr said:
I-140 EB3 (substitute labor) ND 9/18/03 - Pending approval No RFE No LUDs so far.. :(
---------------

Please pardon my ignorance, but what's a LUD ..???

Strangerr said:

Whoops -- looks like you wrote over one of the existing entries (looking4green). I'll fix this and add more instructions to the sheet...

ETA

travelling with Advanced Parole.

Hi All,

I have a question regarding travelling with Advanced Parole.

I am currently in EAD and don't have a valid H1B visa stamp in my passport.
My H1B is valid for another 3 months but I never got a visa stamp for this
H1B extension, so my last H1B visa stamping expired in June'03

I have valid Advanced Parole till March '05.

I am travelling to India in 2 weeks. I am flying Air India thru Paris.
Do I need Transit visas for flying thru Paris since I don't have any valid visa?

Or do they consider the Advanced Parole as valid visa for travel thru Paris?

Thanks in advance, any suggestion very much appreciated.

I-485 Approved

Finally it happened yesterday :D. Wife and mine I-485 was approved yesterday. Got an e-mail from USCIS about the approval. Still not able to digest since our I-140 was approved about a year ago but USCIS still shows that its pending. After 24 hours, the reality has slowly start to sink in. Waiting for the actual notice to arrive in mail. Planning to get passport stamped by this year end.

It was a long journey since we filed for labor in Sep, 2001. Took about 20 months to get labor approved at Philly. Got I-140 in 5 months.

No RFE at any stage. Here's hoping that everybody will get theirs soon. Good luck to you all guys.

To the active members, thank you for all your efforts in maintaing such a useful and informative forum. I must congratulate you on a job well done.

I have added my 485 approval in the excel sheet.

Raj

iyertp said:
Finally it happened yesterday :D. Wife and mine I-485 was approved yesterday.

Congratulations! Nice to finally see another approval this week (2 now).

Let's keep 'em coming :).

ETA

expected said:
Hi All,

Do I need Transit visas for flying thru Paris since I don't have any valid visa?

Advanced Parole does not need transit visa. It is just like a valid visa. Thsi I have ascertained from my company's immig. head because I am in the same boat - flying via London and coming back via Frankfurt in Air India.

Advanced Parole does NOT work as Transit Visa!

I485stage said:
Advanced Parole does not need transit visa. It is just like a valid visa. Thsi I have ascertained from my company's immig. head because I am in the same boat - flying via London and coming back via Frankfurt in Air India.

Actually this is not true!

I can tell you from first hand experience that Advanced Parole does not work as a transit visa for some countries. E.g. Germany. It's rule is that they do not accept 'loose leaf' documents such as Advanced Parole to give entry into a German airport.

I had this experience first hand when I went to India this August. I went to the airport with Advanced Parole document and an approval notice for H1B extension. H1B stamped in my passport was expired. I was NOT allowed to board the airplane that day. I had to go to German consulate next day and get the transit visa. German consulate will accept Advanced Parole as a valid document to get Transit Visa.

See the diiference is that Advanced Parole does not stand on its own as a Transit Visa but can be used to get the Transit Visa.

Every country has different rules, so it is best to check that countries consulate website or call them to find out.

So be careful and enjoy your trip!

Daughter message changed from Not found to Card Ordered

Daughter online status message changed from Not found to Card Ordered with another LUD for 12/07

Earlier her case was showing not found.

no Probelmo!

Are u are flying thru paris de gaulle form newark NJ!.
if that is the case ..u will not be getting down the plane so no problem in paris as such!.
expected said:
Hi All,

Different Experiences...

knpguy2004 said:
Actually this is not true!

I can tell you from first hand experience that Advanced Parole does not work as a transit visa for some countries. E.g. Germany. It's rule is that they do not accept 'loose leaf' documents such as Advanced Parole to give entry into a German airport.

I had this experience first hand when I went to India this August. I went to the airport with Advanced Parole document and an approval notice for H1B extension. H1B stamped in my passport was expired. I was NOT allowed to board the airplane that day. I had to go to German consulate next day and get the transit visa. German consulate will accept Advanced Parole as a valid document to get Transit Visa.

See the diiference is that Advanced Parole does not stand on its own as a Transit Visa but can be used to get the Transit Visa.

Every country has different rules, so it is best to check that countries consulate website or call them to find out.

So be careful and enjoy your trip!

Maybe...but I have found from many of my friends who have travelled Air India with Advanced Parole via Germany. They were not asked for Transit visas. So, experiences appear to be different. And I have also ascertained from our company's immig. head like I mentioned. Anyways, my journey is between Dec 24th - Jan 8th. My H1B has also expired and I specifically asked our immig head if I should renew it or travel in Advanced Parole and was told no I do not have to.
I think it just might be a little too late now!
I will travel with my fingers crossed...and maybe see the inside of a detention center in Germany... :rolleyes:

ETA-GC,

Have you got you Name check cleared. I feel INS is clearing only those cases where everything is clear(namecheck,fp, and i140). My Name check has got stuck. It was sent to FBI on July 31st 2003 and has not been cleared yet. I have sent and spoke to the senator's office but no progress yet. I got a reply from FBI that they are working on the back log and have completed 99.5% and will send a decision to INS as soon as possible.

My LUD on I-485 has changed at least 7 times since october 2004 with no message change it is the same since they have received the application.

My conclusion is the every time the officer looks in to my case and finds the namecheck is not available he keeps it as it is and the LUD changes because there is some activity on my case.

ETA-GC , Can you please put in your expert opinion.

Thanks,
VA_Mclean

Advance Parole is not a Valid Visa

I485stage said:
Maybe...but I have found from many of my friends who have travelled Air India with Advanced Parole via Germany. They were not asked for Transit visas. I think it just might be a little too late now!
I will travel with my fingers crossed...and maybe see the inside of a detention center in Germany... :rolleyes:

As far as I know AP is not a valid visa. It is only a travel document. In my knowledge, both UK and Germany (not sure about France) require some kind of stamp on your passport that show them that either you have a valid visa/passport for the country of your destination. If you don't have one but have some other document outside of passport that shows you will be allowed in the country then you have to have a transit visa. Its better to have a transit visa then to be disappointed at the airport. Your company's immigration head can not tell you the airlines policy. The best people to check with are the airlines themselves. Make sure that you tell them clearly that you do not have a valid stamp on your passport.

In some cases the airline (read Air India) may allow you without a transit visa if it is expect that you are not likely to get down of the aircraft during transit(stopover).

If I were you, I wouldn't take my chances. I have seen people disappointed at the airport. Moreover, since it is a holiday season, there may be a lot of pepole trying to fly in/out and you may have to wait for days to get a confirmed seat for travel, if God forbidden you were to be denied boarding.

Good luck. If you decide to travel without transit, please post your experience after you come back.

Raj