140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Part4

No Title

NVC has been sleeping.. I think targetgc is next in line for review and watchTSC is next in line to get his P3 received at the NVC.

Any luck with either of you ?

Married guys who have not received P3...

Please call NVC and make sure that they have your spouse info in their system. Because, I received P3 yesterday without forms for the spouse.

My attorney\'s office contacted NVC. NVC suggested that when I send my forms back, I need to attach the the following:
1. spouse\'s birth certificate
2. a covering letter requesting to include spouse\'s name for the interview
3. DS-320 form for my wife.

Grrrrrrrr..unnecessary tension, huh?

hello watchTSC, moulin,targetGC

any ideas on this ....

"If you are married, your passport should be amended to reflect your marriage"

Is this mandatory for the INTERVIEW.

pls reply

I think so unless you got married just before interview. Better put question to Ron in imminfo.com

whatz the Status gcKod

what did your attorney say... did u talk to them... did chennai-consulate rec\'d ur packet-3... ?? pls let us know ur status.
--thanks

gcKod wrote
hi,
My lawyer sent my packet 3 to consulate,i think he
did mistake.I wrote mail to him about new procedure.
then they told paralegal who assigned my case
may sent some covering letter to me.I told i didn\'t
get anything.Then they told we are reviewing your file,till
now they did not reply.What should i do.Any one
who had experience like this or who have some
idea about this please shed some light.I don\'t
know what to do.please help.
thanks
gckod

Please help with packet 3

I just received my packet 3. I would appreciate if any body with experience can help me out. My consulate is Montreal and of course I am from India.
1. Not sure about PCC from the instructions on packet 3. One is needed from Canada. The second from India. In the packet it says from local police authority. I called NVC. The lady was not even certain. So is it the PCC from consulate or do I need to get from india from the place of last residence.
2. I have not been asked to submit employment letter in the instructions. Is it required to submit it any ways. Any body else who was not asked for it and did not submit it. Please share your experience.
3. DS230 # 29 name of the petitioner. Should it company name for me and my name for my spouse. I talked to my attorney. She said for me its my name and for spouse his name and for kids their names. It did not make sense to me. I think petitioner is employer. Please guide me on this. Thanks a lot

P3 received by DOS on 11th May but casheir\'s check has not been cleared, yet.

P3 sent on 11th May. Wonder why they have not process fees. Any idea how many days it takes to encash cashier\'s cheque?

here u go

1) For PCC it varies with consulates. So ask US consulate for details. I think one from Indian consualte in US should be OK but some of the posts are very picky.

2) You need employment letter at interview time only. In P3 just send what they have asked for.

3) Your lawyer is right. But that is DS 230 part I. For US we have to send just part one & part II at inerview time.

finally NVC received my confirmation letter

Hi Guys,

for those of you who are facing this trouble. sending Reconfirmation letter to NVC, my lawyer had sent a fax and i had sent a hard copy. I don\'t know which one worked but finally they have it in their system now. The operator says 3 - 4 weeks for creating & sending packet 3.

requesting for reconfirmation letter sent by nvc on may 14, replied and in the system on May 22.

bumping the thread to top.
:)

A quick question guys...Should I sign & send OF169 too to St.Louis..?

Because my attorney\'s office had asked me to sign only DS230 forms - Thanks

Need help!, I got the following message on NVC automated system

"An information sheet has been been sent to you on May 13th".
Does this mean that Packet 3 has been mailed to me?
or is NVC asking for re-confirmation for CP?

Ravi...I would prefer to talk to an operator..

Better to talk to an operator and send a fax to them confirming the CP process, else it would delay the process by 2 more weeks. This happened in my case.

Don\'t forget to ask the operator\'s name and fax the confirmation letter to his/her attention.

Act fast.

thanks miami, did you also get the same message?

since, when I first called NVC a couple of weeks ago, the operator told me that there is no need for confirmation letter!
I will try to talk to an operator again.
thanks!