140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Part4

WhiteRose

Registered Users (C)
This part4 140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate.

Please post your status, suggestions and let us track each other issues here.

My Pkt3 is not reached to NVC from St.Louis

Spoke to operater at NVC yesterday my Pkt3 is not reached NVC yet. I have send my Pkt3 to St.louis on 04/26/02.

Guys, Please record the progress of your case in cptracker.com

Thanks

WhiteRose could you please add ...

.. link to part 3 in header of part 4 so that people can access part 3 right from here instead of digging into messages and looking for part 3? Thanks

Here is the link for Part3 of this discussion

watchTSC "140-NVC-StLouis-Consulate Tracker Part 3" 4/30/02 8:35am

svj, I cannot modify the header after messages posted in the tread.

Thanks

My case also not reached NVC...

Called them up today (05/17). Case has still not reached NVC. Mailed to STL on 04/23. Been more than 3 weeks now!! However, I did find out through the bank that they deposited the cashier\'s check on Monday (05/13). Hopefully it will reach NVC early next week.

please help: Got P3 today(5/17/02)...I have few ? about DS-230 Part-1

DS-230 Part-I: Here are some of the ? that I completed...could some one please let me know if I need to change any thing before I sent out P3.

3>.Full Name in Native Alphabet: TELUGU

6>.What should I put in for "PROVINCE" would that be STATE name.

11>.Can I give my friends address to recieve my GC, since he has his own house.

14>.What should I type in for Spouse Occupation, I typed in as "Home Maker"...would that be ok.

23>.Is it OK if I list my shcools starting from my 10th grade till what ever my degree.

Languages spoken or Read: English, Telugu

25>.what should I wirte in LOCATION...is it ok if I give CityName, StateName and country. eg: Minneapolis, MN USA.

I see another doucument in P3 called as " SUPPLEMENT 1 TO OF-169 "...& the other side of the document says "SUPPLEMENT TO FORM OF-169 "..I don\'t know what it is...I appreciate if some one help me with this.

WhiteRose, it will reach anytime now.. Mine reached after 21 days.

Snet on 04/16.
Reached NVC : 05/07.

On a separate issue, I found that my wife\'s place of stay (item 20) did not include her stay in India , so I faxed it to them yesterday as per their suggestion. Will it cause any problems in the review ?

Triangle, for provinc, you can put your state.

for, full Name in Native Alphabet you can have it in TELUGU.

others look ok.

I put this in Hindi even though my native language was Tamil. I hope this won;t cause problems. any idea cp ers\' ??

WhiteRose, cp\'ers , any idea if it is ok to change the address for receiving GC?

I have mentioned all the 3 address as my current address. but I will be moving after i get back.
So it is enough to just change the address where I want to receive GC ? If so , when can I change it as my P3is under review at NVC

Thank You very much...do have any idea about...

" Supplement to form OF-169 "... document in P3.

You can use different address for receiving GC

and P3 is the the right place. I know a person who did that and received his card too.I am planning to do the same give my friends address for receiving GC.
I have one more question how to request the consulate to send P4 to India address should this be done on P3.

DS230 Question item 23,25

I did B.Sc for 1 year before joining Engg should I include that also on list of educational institutions

guys your help needed : I have signed in DS 230 Part 1 and the DS 2001 but the date is missing in bo

localmadras, bb_bb, and jonnals

I\'m surprised to see that I\'m not the only unlucky ones here! Especially localmadras, mine was sent out on April 29 as well.

Please let us know when you receive P3. I\'m getting more and more anxious lately since I see all these people who has already received their P3 which was sent out more than a week after mine did.

Let\'s keep our hope up and if we are lucky, maybe we\'ll receive it next week...

Question for Jonnas

I beleive you said that NVC delayed your case becuz you recaptured a PD from a previous petition. You said (to my surprize) that the NVC told you that they want to talk to INS about this rule.

I have also done the same thing and had no problems with the NVC. If anyone should be aware of the rules, it will be the NVC since they predominantly handle family cases and this recapture funda happens *all* the time in family as the petitioner goes from GC to US citizen and so forth..

Only thing I can think of is that they could have gone back to the INS to verify that the INS did not mak a mistake in the PD. In my case, I had sent a photocopy of the previous 140 approval to the INS which I\'m sure found its way to the NVC with the rest of the papers (and it will probably finally end up in the consulate when the NVC sends the case there, into the \'sealed\' envelope and back to the INS at the POE).. Did you also send a copy of the previous 140 (some companies dont give them out.. my old company first told me only the EAC to help me recapture the PD and then after a lot of phonecalls/pleadings/reasoning they \'released\' the paperwork to me :)

No Title

targetgc.. dont panic :)

Make sure that the NVC consolidates your fax with your case (probably difficult to do). If they do, then you shouldn\'t have any problems in your review.. Missing the signing dates also should not affect the review.

Rather than changing address\' now, I would suggest you do it in the consulate. Just take a fresh new P3 and ask if you can substitute the old one with the new for the reason of address change. That way it wont interfere with the NVC review.

No Title

Does everyone get a DS-2001 ? I thought most people only sent in DS-230 + fee bill + check to the NVC.. Nobody seems to write about DS-2001 (it was not included in my P3).