140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Part4

tax return

Mitsy, you need tax transcripts. It is easy to get them and they are free and should get them in 10 days. I copied this from another discussion. The phone number is right, but the options I used were different. It is a 24hr automated line.

In addition to this you will get an IRS9003 form as part of P4 to fill. You will get it in P4, but can download it from:

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/visas/student/scholarvisas/PR/IRS9003.pdf
It is to be printed on yellow paper single sided. A thread running elsewhere mentions from sent by IRS are now on white paper. I have printed on white paper itself for my interview.

Back to getting a tax transcript:

1-800-829-1040
option 2
option 1
enter ur SSN
option 1
option 6
enter the numeric part of ur address digits.
option 1
option 4
enter year..like 2000,2001 etc

repeat the same for all years required...

I can\'t find the info in my packet...

Nagib, thank you for the info. However, I can\'t find the instruction anywhere in the packet. All it says is to get the documents ready, and when they are ready just send DS-230 and DS-2001 either via mail or fax. Then the consulate will notice me of the interview date. There\'s nothing about photocopy of anything. I\'m little confused here. Should I send photo copies of all the documents along with my DS forms even if they don\'t tell me so?

I think I\'m gonna wait for my PC to be ready just in case though.

Thanks brb and one more question about tax forms

Since I can\'t find any info on required tax transcripts in my P3, I need to ask you one more question. (Are all these info in P4?) How many years worth of scripts are needed? Just 3 years worth should be ok? Do I need to bring them with me at the time of interview or send them in?

Also Nagib mentioned that I need to send photocopies of all the other documents (police certificate, birth certificate, etc.) with my DS-230 and DS-2001. I don\'t see that instruction anywhere in my P3. How about you? Did you send those copies?

Thank you so much for your help!!

mitsy

Just follow the instructions in your P3. There are different types of consulate, alpha, alpha plus, beta and so on. Each type is provided varying levels of support by NVC. For some even appointments are made by NVC. For others such as Indian consulate the Visa application is reviewed here and the application fees collected in the US.
Regarding tax transcripts etc, those instructions will come in your P4. But generally it is a good idea to start preparing for your interview as soon as you have mailed your P3. The most comprehensive list for interview preparation was posted by srifx. Not all of it might apply to every consulate, but it is a good starting point till your P4 arrives. A recent link to that discussion is:
hary "Srifx list" 2/15/02 10:17am

Thanks a ton Moulin Rouge !

Yes, I confirmed with NVC that they have added the fax to my case.
Regarding the address change, I\'ll just take a new DS 230 Part 1 to the consulate and ask if they can replace the old one. This is what NVC also told me.

But Moulin, I am a bit concerned about the missing dates with signature. I read somewhere that missing the dates could cause an RFE. Are you sure i will be ok ??

Thanks again for all the replies.

luit2001, you have to send your P3 to St Louis first. It will go to NVC from there.

But you can follow the olfd procedure if your 140 was approved before Dec 31. (CPer\'s am i right here? )

Question 23 : Do wee need to have teh list starting from High school ?

I have the list starting from only Bachelors. Is this an RFE issue ?

I think these issue depend more on the person doing the review. In general it should not be an issue

Thanks!

Thank you for all the help, brb. I think I\'m just going to follow whatever it says on the instruction sheet that came with my P3 and meanwhile, I\'m going to some research on what I need for P4.

The link you gave me is very helpful. I\'d better start making my own folder and be 100% ready for the interview.

Thanks! I hope the rest of process goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted!

P3 sent on 6th May, MoneyOrder is still not cashed. Its two weeks now. Any body has similar experien

How to track money order

Hi watchTSc,

I sent my P3 on friday May 17th. I know St. Louis takes atleast 3 weeks to review.
How do you track whether money order is cashed or not?. I also sent b by money order.

Thanks.

Just call or go to the bank web site. They will have telephone number.

I used Western Union, its # is 800-999-9660.

received at NVC from st.louis

If you look at cptracker, most applications sent before april 25th have been officially received at NVC . They are atking 3-4 weeks to receive it from st.louis. But their processing time after receipt has come down to 2-3 weeks.

How to get P4 mailed to India address

Hi Guys,
How yo get P4 mailed to Indian address . Should the address be mentioned on P3 form or is there any other way for doing that.

Thanks

cpindia - This is what I am planning to do...

1. Along with my P3 to St.Louis, I am planning to send a letter addressed to Consulate general office, chennai, requesting to send the P4 to the local address in India. I am assuming that this letter would be forwarded to Consulate along with our forms and other papers.

2. Again, once I come to know that my case has been entered in Consulate system in Chennai, I am planning to send an e-mail to confirm that the P4 would be delivered to the local address.

As that I know there is no such place, in any of the P3 forms, where we can specify this.

Called NVC today (afternoon)

Still they didn\'t received P3 from STL .. seems they are taking more time, its more than 3 weeks that I sent P3 to them .. hopefuly they wil have my P3 by end of this week .. operator told me that STL takes 10-14 working days and 5-10 working days to get it to NVC .....

I got my P3 today.

I-140 approved on Dec\'01
Filed I-485 on April\'02 at NSC
Got P3 today.

Can I do CP thing?

I\'ll appreciate your comments.