140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Part4

About PD recapture

Moulin,
  The case was mine. I sent a copy of my old 140 petition approval to my lawyer at the time of my labor cert. He is a knowledgable guy so I am sure he must have attached it to the documents.

Do you have any guess on how much time it will take for them to get a reply back from INS ? It is more than 2 weeks now.

-bb_bb

Please Help: is "LOCATION" of the line 22 should be the employer\'s location

or my work place locatoin.

Middle Name Vs Middle Initial problem on DS-230 part-I

Hi,

My middle name in P3 is printed as just first letter of my middle name like "S"...but my passport & all other documents has full middle name & now I am trying to complete "middle name" column of DS-230 form & I wonder what should I write there...please help me with this situation.

Thanks.

No Title

On my lawyers recommendation I put employers location in there followed by the place of work. Like XXX Corp. NY, USA (HQ in NY, assigned to sites in FL and TX).

That way it matches with your places of residence in FL and TX.

No Title

If its possible, could you ask your lawyer if he attached this document ? Its really not necessary. All you really need to do is quote the old EAC # where you say that a previous Immigrant Peition was filed for this beneficiary...

I\'ve got no idea as to how long it will take. I would try to call the operator and see if I could fax the supporting docs like the rule (quoting the rule # - i dont know at this time) in print and a copy of your previous 140.

DS 2001 is the new form in place of OF-169

I am assuming every one going forward will get this new form.

Finally the P3 has arrived!

I just received P3 which was forwarded by my lawyer. They received it on 17th.

brb, since mine was sent out on 4/29, I don\'t have to follow the new rule either! I\'m just going to send it directly to the consulate! What a timing. I am so relieved.

Thank you all (especially Moulin Rouge, targetgc and brb) for giving me all the advice when I received reconf. letter, the new rule came out and so on. If I wasn\'t reading your posts, I don\'t think I would got my P3 now. Thank you all!!

localmadras, bb_bb, and jonnals, I\'m sure you\'ll be the next one to receive P3!

Thank you moulin....could you also help me with ? #25.

what exactly should I be typing in that area...should I write just my visits or should I write all of the address where ever I lived in USA.

congrats mitsy

I am happy that you got your P3 and don\'t have to go through STL. I presume you are registered as Piyo on cptracker? I am registered as Sydney.
Good luck in the next stages.

No Title

There I put my visits and listed places of residence during that visit. like..

Jan 00 - Dec 00 Miami FL, Richardson TX ...
Jan 01 - present San Diego CA, NYC NY

HTH

No Title

Way to go Mitsy.. Good for you that you are avoiding the STL trap.. Looks like you should get a July or August interview in Tokyo ! Keep us posted.

Mitsy, thanks for sharing ur good news. Hope we will also receive P3 soon.

Moulin, thanks for the advice. My lawyer said that he is sending a letter to NVC. Hope that would help. I asked NVC if I could fax the prev. 140 approval notice, but she said she wanted to hear it from INS. So I guess I will wait.

Attn. Moulin Rouge, TargetGC, others please let me know..

about the new rule of not sending the P3 to Stl. What\'s that, could you please let me know?

Thanks.

- Luit2001

I-140 & I-824 approved for cp, NVC case created what next

My I-140 & i-824 approved for cp at Delhi. My case has also been created by NVC (4/22). My attorney is saying he will receive packet-3 from NVC. Please tell me what is next in my case.
Do I need to go same cycle i.e packet 3 to STL, STL to NVC, NVC to Delhi Consulate and then appointment for interview? or

I have heard that in some cases it is directly from NVC to consulate and no need to send it to STL?

If anybody will guide me on this, suggestions from gurus.

Thanks

yes, you can change address for receiving greencard at the time of interview

or even at the time of POE. At POE they verify address for GC, if you want to change you can do that, better is at the time of interview.

I verified yesterday my MO\'s are encashed on May 8th, hope Pkt3 will reach NVC

by next week.

targetgc, regarding your wife\'s place of stay, since you found it & already faxed it, I think there will not be any problem.

luit2001, if you are referring to the new rule I mentioned...

Sorry for the confusion I might have caused. The new rule (effective May 1, 2002) was actually the opposite to what you said. In addition to cousulates in India and Vietnam, bunch of consulates in other countries were added to the "who NEED to send P3 to STL first, not the consulate" list. I was very concerned since Tokyo was one of them.

Thanks, brb!

Yes, that\'s me:) I\'m ready to send my DS-230 and DS-2001 to the consulate, yet I am still waiting for my police certificate which I requested at Japanese embassy here in the US back March. They said it will take about 8-10 weeks for them to get my PC, so that should be ready by the end of the month.

The instruction says that I need to have all the documents ready before I send P3 to the consulate, although I don\'t have to send it in, right? Do you think it\'s OK to just go ahead and send my P3? I think I should probably make sure that I have those documents ready since I don\'t know how soon/long before they schedule my interview. I\'m hoping to have it sometime in July/August, but it\'s so hard to time this interview. What do you use to send P3? I\'m thinking about FedEx.

My P3 has DS-2001 included

The title of the form reads "Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness Form DS-2001)"

This is rather a simple form saying that you have read the instruction, obtained all the required documents listed and ready for the interview. You just need to write your name, case number, sign it and send it with DS-230 part 1.

Tax return form?

I remember people mentioning tax return form for the past 5 or 3 years as one of the required documents for the interview. The instruction in my P3 doesn\'t mention anything about tax form. (Note: I don\'t need to fill in I-864, since my visa is employment based, correct?)

Does anyone know if I really need the tax return form? Do I need any additional documents from my employer?

Thanks!