140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Part4

so unfortunate...Attorney send packet-3 to wrong address

NVC case created on Apr 29th , reached attorney May 8th...
attorney sent the packet-3 around May9th to my old-appartment address thru Fedex... (how good..) and my old-appartment people signed it & recd it (very helpful..isnt\' it ?)
today by chance, i sent an email to attorney askin the status... i got to knew all this \'helpful\' things ... anyway i got my packet-3 from my old apt, will be filling & sending it back..

lesson learnt :- keep in touch with attorney, every day.

My 140 has not reached NVC yet...

I-824 was approved by NSC on 05/03. It has not reached till date. 83 days so far, I\'m getting the std reply that call after 90 days...Does someone know what\'s going to happen after 90 days and when to expect my interview given this status?
Thanks.

My consulate doesn\'t answer question over the phone...

I\'ve tried when I had some question with my H1-b, and all they have is this automated machine telling us which number to call (somewhat similar to those 900 numbers here, which I think it\'s ridiculous) to get answers to FAQ to different kind of visas. They say if you have any questions that are not listed in those choices, either send a letter, or fax it and they will answer it in writing. I don\'t know why they don\'t offer a choice to speak to a real person.

So I guess my choice will be to fax it and fax the answer back to my parent\'s house in Japan.

Indian consulates

Other than Indian consulates very few consulates reply by e-mail or take calls. Japanese consulates are not the only ones which don\'t take calls. Australian consulates don\'t take calls and one needs to enter their Credit card number and pay something like $3.00 a minute (separate from your call charges) to be able to talk to a consultant for general Visa information. But the Sydney consulate does reply by fax. I am sure the Japanese one will do likewise. I can\'t imagine why there is so much difference in the service levels between different consulates. Good luck with your query and do post their response here Mitsy.

Wait for 90 days

If it is not reached after 90 days then you can call NVC and you can fax your 140 approval to NVC. At that point they can send enquiries to INS. This is what they told me when I was waiting. Mine reached NVC after 65 days. Now I am waiting for P3, have no idea how long it is going to take.

Look at cptracker, there are some delayed cases from NSC and CSC recently.

If your case is in NSC or CSC and if you are going for CP, consider yourself unlucky. VSC and TSC are fast in sending 140 approvals. No idea why this is happening. I was dreaming to get a July interview when my 140 got approved in Feb, but now I lowered my expectations to Sept-Oct.

Thanks bb_bb. I can wait another week to complete 90days!

Appreciate your response. So on June 3rd I can fax the 140.That again depends on my attorney as he only has my 140. I got my 140 approved about 15 months back, 485 would have gotten closer than CP in my case...

Looks like for people with Mumbai need local PCC from India as well. Pls see experience of Kevin, bl

How do I check whether my I140 has reached NVC?

I guess I need to call them over the phone and check by my INS case number? I\'m wondering whether there is a pre-recorded message specifcally desiged for this status (I140 received) ?
thanks for you input!!!

If your case has not been received yet...

then you will hear the message saying that they can\'t locate your case in the system. The best bet will be to talk to an operator though.

NVC phone number...

Hi,
Can you tell me which number should I call to check my case?

Thanks,

Called NVC, looks like St. Louis is still sitting on my file. Though MO encashed on 5/20.

NVC operator told me that generally it takes 10-15 working days but give few more days.

No Title

My p3 reached NVC on Friday May 24th. the MO was cashed on 14th of May. If you need my info please refer to cptracker under "malgudi-days".

called NVC today to ask about review. They asked to check back on Friday.

Today is the 21st day since P3 reched NVC(on May 7). Normally the NVC completes review by this time. But theye asked me to check back on Friday. I guess this might be due to the fax I sent for the correction.

is this Mandatory...

read this info somewhere i couldn\'t remember where ... it said...

"If you are married, your passport should be amended to reflect your marriage"

is this mandatory for the INTERVIEW.
Please help.

seems like this "tracker" is bit quiet, and nobody is updating any information here.. whatz up with that :)

Thanks
LocalMadras...