• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

100,000 people who win DV2012 think algorithm = FAIR BUT...

Soooooo, because two peoples have not been selected that mean the system is corrupt...? Do you know that about 16 millions haven't been selected right?
Hmmm, I applied on Oct 5th and I won the DV2012. I did submit some applications in mid Oct for 2 friends and they were not selected.
Well, topic starter might have a point. For those who were not selected, better apply on the first day, I guess. Early worm gets the bird!

then how comes 3 peoples on this forums who applied respectively on 16th, 19th & 26th of october won...?
In Excess
I'm agree with you that this DV Lottery 2012 was NOT FAIR
First of all it has a period of time when the applicants could apply for the Lottery
and it lasts from 5 of octuber till 3 of november. Not just 2 days - from 5 of octuber till 6 of octuber. It says that all the applicants no matter on which date they have applyed whould take part in it. It's also says that all the applicans will have an equal chance to win, this rull was simply broken since only those ve won who applyed at 5 and 6 of octuber. Because the applicants which applyed on the other dates didn't have any chance to win.
This lottery can't have an algorithm which is choosing randomly just a small period of time of application and later choosing winners from it, because it crushes the main rull of the Lottery - that all applicans whould have an equal chance to win.
It also brakes the main point of the lottery - to bring other nationallities to the USA. Because not all the countrys which took part in DV Lottery could apply in this small period of time. Look, if some countrys already have alot of winners or other immigrants into USA, they whould disqualificate this country from join lottery in the next year. Then choosing the small period of time as an algorithm makes no sense since it won't give an opportunity for all the countrys to join this Lottery during those 2 days. That why they should and did random selection from all period of the registration - from 5 of octuber till 3 of november. And yes sure it's a Lottery and people have just a small chance to win , but to have a luck and win you should take part in a FAIR ONE and THIS ONE WAS NOT. It was a Scam indeed.

I'm dissagree with Raevsky point of view, and he also didnt prove his theory about new algorithm, because it's impossible to prove something what is wrong.

I do maybe think that USA could not care about non-citizens rights, but they should care about the rights of people who played in this lottery as it was a lottery. In any Lottery people have them rights - to take part in honest and fair one, if it's unhonest - then it's not a Lottery , its a fraud.

So I'm just wish they whould do something with this mistake, because this lottery gave such a Hope for so many people and for me )) .

I understand feeling of people who already checked them result and saw that they have won , and now they are worring about all those things we are posting . But other people also worring alot now who played and didnt win , I hope KCC understand this also.

Sorry if i'm wrong in something , i'm russian and english isn't my native language.

all of others? So you know all the 100 000 peoples that won?
Do you know the rule of probability? If not, take some mathematic courses because put 200 peoples, & there are still probabilities that the majority of selected will have the same profile...
Look, i don't know those people who have won . I do believe it could happen some 3 people won on other dates. But as i know all other have ve choosen just from first 2 dates. Im not blame you or them for that, but that is not random ...

Why can't people accept Loss honorably..... I have tried the lottery for 3 consecutive times, but finally won this year edition of lottery. What annoys me most is the whinning of these bunch of losers... In Excess, DVstart and co. Face it man....... It's a ****en lottery, selection has been made and result published. It's either you get selected or not, all your bullshit theories is just a bunch of unsubstantial scribble, with no solid prove to back your claim. Instead of getting a life, and moving on you start creating panic in the atmosphere. For your information, if you think they'll be a redraw keep on dreaming man....... They won't be any ****en redraw and your information i entered the lottery on the 25th of October and i won. I don't know where in the world you came up with wrong algo theory.......... Get a life Losser

then how comes 3 peoples on this forums who applied respectively on 16th, 19th & 26th of october won...?

Only 5-8 % winners are from dates that not Oct 5th or Oct 6th.
There DV 2012 has issues. DOS already knows about this and they are working to correct the issue.

Why can't people accept Loss honorably..... I have tried the lottery for 3 consecutive times, but finally won this year edition of lottery. What annoys me most is the whinning of these bunch of losers... In Excess, DVstart and co. Face it man....... It's a ****en lottery, selection has been made and result published. It's either you get selected or not, all your bullshit theories is just a bunch of unsubstantial scribble, with no solid prove to back your claim. Instead of getting a life, and moving on you start creating panic in the atmosphere. For your information, if you think they'll be a redraw keep on dreaming man....... They won't be any ****en redraw and your information i entered the lottery on the 25th of October and i won. I don't know where in the world you came up with wrong algo theory.......... Get a life Losser

There are no looses or winners at this point. DV2012 had issues and DOS is working to fix those. Everyone will have a fair chance if they recall the results and redraw it. So looses could be happy that they had a fair chance. Winners can be happy that they won it in the right way. DOS can be happy they did the right thing!

Jayo l second you.You either win or loose..N you avent been conned because you havent payed anythng to K.C.C.

Now, can you accept that you are the one who actually at LOSS now ? :)

I am sure you will be able to accept your LOSS with HONOR right ? :)

hahaha

TOLD YA :) !

Well In Excess, you were right. They did void the people who got selected lol

And well done in spotting the awkward choosing patterns in the DV lottery. They didn't believe it at first, but in the end it all became clear.

And well done in spotting the awkward choosing patterns in the DV lottery. They didn't believe it at first, but in the end it all became clear.

Thanks LoveAmerica,

This just renew my confident in the FAIRNESS and EQUALITY of LAW in US ! :)

I LoveAmerica like you :)

I second this. Well done In Excess!!
As I read all of your post, I knew you were making sense. I think you were extremely professional and tactful (all the smily faces) in each of your post. I guess this is what pissed off some persons.

I second this. Well done In Excess!!
As I read all of your post, I knew you were making sense. I think you were extremely professional and tactful (all the smily faces) in each of your post. I guess this is what pissed off some persons.

Thank You Win Dv,

I remember few days ago, when many past (now revoke) winner report me to the moderator to ban me from posting,...
luckily the moderator can see that I post in polite manner (never use dirty words/curse) and I even SMILE alot :) hahaha

and I want to say Thank You to Moderator to understand that not everybody have the same opinion,
and we got to respect each other despite our differences. :)

Win DV,
I wish you the best of luck in the next selection (if you are also DV Lottery participant).
win or lose, as long as it is fair :)

ps: I hope the past (revoke) winner remember what they PREACH about "being a bad loser" :)

To be fair some of the people who did get selected had the all "I got selected, in you're face attitude". So in the end they got what was coming to them and I find it funny that they are not replying back with trolling comments right now. What goes around COMES around.

Great research and work people :cool: At least now they going to make the lottery fair this time. Good luck everybody in two months.

In the meantime I will continue to try enjoying life in oh great Canada.

@ in exess and DVstart

I think you guys need to tell us how you get to know about this before the official statement. Do you guys have insiders? I was one of the selectee, and i believe in fairness. Since there was a problem according to the DOS site, justice must be done to correct this fatal error. Everyone must have a fair selection. Furthermore, DOS should have checked the result before allowing the public to see it. I believe majority(DOS workers) must have lost their job by now. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks LoveAmerica,

This just renew my confident in the FAIRNESS and EQUALITY of LAW in US ! :)

I LoveAmerica like you :)

I think you guys need to tell us how you get to know about this before the official statement. Do you guys have insiders? I was one of the selectee, and i believe in fairness. Since there was a problem according to the DOS site, justice must be done to correct this fatal error. Everyone must have a fair selection. Furthermore, DOS should have checked the result before allowing the public to see it. I believe majority(DOS workers) must have lost their job by now. Good luck to everyone.

Nope, I just based it on some publicly available (but limited) statistical data provided by posting on this board and also from other forum.
I then extrapolate the possibility of 19 million (or more) people trying to enter the DV2013 at the first few seconds it is open because they know
a flawed algo will choose the winner based on first come first serve basis. I can see that this will lead to server crashing (total disaster).

If you recall, many winner here claim they had called/e-mail/contact KCC and KCC told them to continue sending their application even
that it is not contain Bar Code.
When I read that, I can see that KCC will not advise that because KCC will have many problem if they got application with identifying barcode.
I sense that many winner here just trying to encourage other winner to FLOOD KCC with their application just to pressure KCC from revoking their winning status.
I even post to warn people that they should not sent their application without the barcode because it could end up make them losing their application
in the confusion.

That make me even more certain that the situation is critical !

I post for several days here where I got many bad response and some try to get me banned.
I can understand their hatred towards me, and that is not a problem to me, and I always respond with many :) :) :) on my post with some hahaha
because I know even thought they said I spreading rumor and try to scare people, they are actually scared in their heart.

Those revoke winner already knew there is a big risk of getting revoke (just like me).
no need to be an insider at KCC to figure that out easily.

I do agree with you that the person (or contractor) that making this error should be punished or fired,
because this is not only bad for the revoke winner,
this is bad for the entire DV Lottery participant.
now, everybody (including the previous non winner) had to wait until July 15 before they know the result.

still, I think even KCC worker do not know there is error until May1...

now I believe they start the random selection process few seconds before they start the status check on May1.

I mean with a good powerful computer, it can run the selection process in just few seconds anyway.
no need to run it 6 months before...
although I am sure next time, they will run it and check it first before announcing the result to the public
to prevent this kind of error from happening again...

but as they say, "to err is human"...
we just need to learn from this mistake and move on :)

Good Luck to you :)

Thank You Win Dv,

I remember few days ago, when many past (now revoke) winner report me to the moderator to ban me from posting,...
luckily the moderator can see that I post in polite manner (never use dirty words/curse) and I even SMILE alot :) hahaha

and I want to say Thank You to Moderator to understand that not everybody have the same opinion,
and we got to respect each other despite our differences. :)

Win DV,
I wish you the best of luck in the next selection (if you are also DV Lottery participant).
win or lose, as long as it is fair :)

ps: I hope the past (revoke) winner remember what they PREACH about "being a bad loser" :)

You're welcome and thank you for the best wishes. Oh, may I add, you have excellent grammatical and english skills as well. You must be a CEO or in top Management. Yes, win or lose I WILL be satisfied come May 1st. All the best to you as well.

Few points

So you based your findings on the post via this forum? in other words, you couldnt had found out if status check were never in existence. So it is possible that past dv lottery had similar error but went undetected because they usually send letters.

Furthermore, in your past post, you had claimed to know someone that works with the DOS. Maybe, it was just a little speculaion from you. Now, i know friends out of stress threw away their confirmation pay. How can their justice be justified? I think DOS should send notification to all lucky selectees letter after 15th july, 2011. What do you think?

Nope, I just based it on some publicly available (but limited) statistical data provided by posting on this board and also from other forum.
I then extrapolate the possibility of 19 million (or more) people trying to enter the DV2013 at the first few seconds it is open because they know
a flawed algo will choose the winner based on first come first serve basis. I can see that this will lead to server crashing (total disaster).

If you recall, many winner here claim they had called/e-mail/contact KCC and KCC told them to continue sending their application even
that it is not contain Bar Code.
When I read that, I can see that KCC will not advise that because KCC will have many problem if they got application with identifying barcode.
I sense that many winner here just trying to encourage other winner to FLOOD KCC with their application just to pressure KCC from revoking their winning status.
I even post to warn people that they should not sent their application without the barcode because it could end up make them losing their application
in the confusion.

That make me even more certain that the situation is critical !

I post for several days here where I got many bad response and some try to get me banned.
I can understand their hatred towards me, and that is not a problem to me, and I always respond with many :) :) :) on my post with some hahaha
because I know even thought they said I spreading rumor and try to scare people, they are actually scared in their heart.

Those revoke winner already knew there is a big risk of getting revoke (just like me).
no need to be an insider at KCC to figure that out easily.

I do agree with you that the person (or contractor) that making this error should be punished or fired,
because this is not only bad for the revoke winner,
this is bad for the entire DV Lottery participant.
now, everybody (including the previous non winner) had to wait until July 15 before they know the result.

still, I think even KCC worker do not know there is error until May1...

now I believe they start the random selection process few seconds before they start the status check on May1.

I mean with a good powerful computer, it can run the selection process in just few seconds anyway.
no need to run it 6 months before...
although I am sure next time, they will run it and check it first before announcing the result to the public
to prevent this kind of error from happening again...

but as they say, "to err is human"...
we just need to learn from this mistake and move on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So you based your findings on the post via this forum? in other words, you couldnt had found out if status check were never in existence. So it is possible that past dv lottery had similar error but went undetected because they usually send letters.

Furthermore, in your past post, you had claimed to know someone that works with the DOS. Maybe, it was just a little speculaion from you. Now, i know friends out of stress threw away their confirmation pay. How can their justice be justified? I think DOS should send notification to all lucky selectees letter after 15th july, 2011. What do you think?

First of all, you must mistaken me with someone else. I NEVER claim to know anybody who works at DOS.
please kindly search and read my entire post again. Heck, I even NEVER claim to call/contact KCC in the first place :)

Second, I had follow the DV Lottery for the past few years, and the winner most of the time post the time when they enter their data into the system,
and it is clear they are selected RANDOMLY. so there are no problem in the past. You can not hide a glaring flawed error that so obvious in pattern.
so this year is the first year they have this kind of error.

Third, you should know that this error is very fatal, because so far KCC had only able to select 22,000 winner and the system suppose to select
around 100,000 winner (the amount they choose this past few years), so that error is a glaring in your face error that really force KCC
to cancel this year lottery. that also might mean KCC modified this year DV Lottery Algo from last year algo... and have not done any selection until
May 1...

Forth, KCC is going to a Paperless system which have it's obvious advantage... it is not perfect yet, but there is no reason to revert back
to letter notification system which cost more money, slower and might had a chance of letter missing on it's way.
the thing KCC need to concentrate is to make the computer system work as it had been designed.

Fifth, to all revoke winner that had paid the AOS fee (I think it is not that much since most applicant choose the Embassy interview route),
they should contact KCC by WRITTEN e-mail demanding the refund. I am sure KCC will refund this people.
(note, most applicant who choose embassy interview route had not pay any money at this point).

Cliff2 it makes sense for KCC to also send letters this year as some people has already discarded their confirmation numbers.