• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

100,000 people who win DV2012 think algorithm = FAIR BUT...

And yes.. the US government has *absolutely* got the right to be unfair to non citizens. You need to understand that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with me. You need to understand the rights of a non-immigrant: none. I live in the USA, and have for years.. and I am very aware of that. To be selected is an honor *not* a right.

so it had nothing to do with you while at the same time you were selected as winner in this DV 2012. yap sure :)
so it is an honor for you to be selected :)

and how do you know you had the honor to be selected ?
well, they are selecting it randomly,
and when they do not select it in a random manner,
something is broken and need to be fixed.

without even the 19 million demanding their right,
KCC will fixed this error, but of course
19 million upset voice need to help this...

and thanks to your effort of keeping this discussion alive,
the voice is getting louder with the help of your echo :)

And yes.. the US government has *absolutely* got the right to be unfair to non citizens. You need to understand that.

oh really ? hahaha
so you mean this lottery is INTENTIONALLY made UNFAIR to only let people with your criteria to win ?

if that is true, than you had nothing to worry about people making a fuss and calling KCC... right...

because it won't make a different... right ?

hmmm... wonder what those technical difficulties would lead to hahaha

Im sorry.. but you need to understand how things work in the USA. This kind of attitude isn't really handled well here.

As I said, this has nothing to do with selection, or non-selection of myself. If it is redrawn and I am unselected, then so be it. Life moves on.

But; being selected in such a 'draw' is an absolute privilege.. *not* a right. If you even expect the slightest chance of *right* or fairness, then I think you are entering into a lottery for the wrong country; sorry buddy!

Im sorry.. but you need to understand how things work in the USA. This kind of attitude isn't really handled well here.

As I said, this has nothing to do with selection, or non-selection of myself. If it is redrawn and I am unselected, then so be it. Life moves on.

But; being selected in such a 'draw' is an absolute privilege.. *not* a right. If you even expect the slightest chance of *right* or fairness, then I think you are entering into a lottery for the wrong country; sorry buddy!

The kind of "attitude" of free speech and fight for fairness and freedom is the exact attitude that make US a great country.
I spent several years in the US so I know US very well :)

if it is redrawn and you are not selected, of course you can only moves on with your live... but hmm that mean your honor doesn't exactly part
of the selection algo :)

ps: I can see the US Fighting spirit in you ! Fight On ! :)

nuff fun for today... :)

it had been a WASTE OF TIME and PRIVILEGE to be trolling on this forum :) hahaha

We get your point already, You think the DV lottery is a scam where you have no evidence to back yourself besides only a few hundred angry people who have not been selected. Take you're trolling somewhere else, kthx.

You weren't selected, get on with that. If most winner registered the 5 & 6th it's simply because most people do like the KCC says ; submit as soon as possible... Now do not bring on the chaos theory... If they would have redone the drawing, they would have said so point blank, they wouldn't have faked a technical dificulty to redraw while no one knows just for some winner to see that they finaly lost...
peoples who didn't win, get a grip p& move on

There is no way there will be a redraw.Americans are proud people,they don't believe there will be an imperfection in any mission they embark on, so they will not start from common DV lottery.My analysis is that KCC have received too many mails from winners more than what they can take,this break down is to enable them sort out these mails.

There is no way there will be a redraw.Americans are proud people,they don't believe there will be an imperfection in any mission they embark on, so they will not start from 2012 DV lottery.My analysis is that KCC have received too many mails from winners more than what they can handle,this break down is to enable them sort out these mails.

There is no way there will be a redraw.Americans are proud people,they don't believe there will be an imperfection in any mission they embark on, so they will not start from 2012 DV lottery.My analysis is that KCC have received too many mails from winners more than what they can handle,this break down is to enable them sort out these mails.

If KCC do not fix this problem (publicly),
this year when DV 2013 online registration start,...

just in the first few seconds, there will be 19 million people trying to enter their data at once.

that would give similar effect like a Denial of Service attack.
When that happened, KCC server will crash.

KCC surely do not want this to happen :)

I know current winner do not care about DV2013 because it is not their problem,

but it will still be KCC's problem, and that is why they will try to prevent this from happening,
and that is why KCC's interest is in line with people who want the re run of the selection process :)

If KCC do not fix this problem (publicly),
this year when DV 2013 online registration start,...

just in the first few seconds, there will be 19 million people trying to enter their data at once.

that would give similar effect like a Denial of Service attack.
When that happened, KCC server will crash.

KCC surely do not want this to happen :)

I know current winner do not care about DV2013 because it is not their problem,

but it will still be KCC's problem, and that is why they will try to prevent this from happening,
and that is why KCC's interest is in line with people who want the re run of the selection process :)

I agree, but on top of that, what happened with DV 2012 is not fair. It was not a random selection. They should fix this before thinking about DV 2013

Redraw has nothing to do with Proud people, Americans...ect. There should be a redraw if it was not done properly. DOS will not have any issues by doing a recall, so called winners have no right to sue them if they have to recall due to an issue. But DOS will end up in million law suits if they decide not to recall after knowing that there were issues with the process

We still don't know, aside from forum speculation that it wasn't random. We can make an educated guess that on Oct 5/6, a lot more entries were made than on most of the other days.. thus swaying selectees to those dates. We do, however, have many many people on this forum who have entered (and won) on dates in mid-late October. I think we're possibly exaggerating a little

But DOS will end up in million law suits if they decide not to recall after knowing that there were issues with the process
Not really. Perhaps not even a thousand. Out of 19 mil who didn't win very few have resources and knowledge to initiate a lawsuit versus government agency of another country.

By the way

So to y'all talking about starting the whole process over.. Who do you think is going to pay for that in this economy?? They obviously already used up the budget for this year so stop dreaming and pray you get lucky next year..

So to y'all talking about starting the whole process over.. Who do you think is going to pay for that in this economy?? They obviously already used up the budget for this year so stop dreaming and pray you get lucky next year..

They do NOT have to start the whole process over. They already and still have your data entered between October 5 to November 3'2010.
All they need to do is Re Run the Selection Process but this time instead of heavily biased on the Oct 5 data,
they will re select the winner randomly from all the participant from Oct 5 to Nov 3.

This do not cost money at all, well it will cost a bit of electricity for running the computer to choose the 100,000 people,
but their computer is running 24 hours already anyway :)

and the person who wrote the algorithm

will have to fixed the algo for free because he had not done the correct job in the first place :)

so this re selection process will cost almost free :)

It is obvious they changed the algorithm intentionally and they had announced that back in September 2010. This is the first lottery without fixed amount of winners. All previous lottery promised the numbers of winners would be 100,000. This one says more than 50,000
That is because they knew the algorithm would be different, and they needed your input (forms DSP-122) to figure out the total amount of winners. Until they receive the input enough, the site will be down.
Do you really beleive all their efforts taken for the last year will be undone just because 19 million people lost and because some pople think that is a valid argument?

Are you sure on that 'change' in Sept '10? On my barcode/winning form it specifically says that 100,000 were selected, but 50,000 receive.

Edit: Does not say that 50,000 receive, but does state that "Approximately 100,000 individuals were registered for further processing. Therefore, it is most important that you carefully follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance."