• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

100,000 people who win DV2012 think algorithm = FAIR BUT...

My error

Oh yea, i think it was Dvstart that said that. How about those that threw away their confirmation page after 1 May ----- 5th May?

Oh really? how did you know that the system selected only 22,000 since the website said nothing like that? Where can i go and read more about this?

First of all, you must mistaken me with someone else. I NEVER claim to know anybody who works at DOS.
please kindly search and read my entire post again. Heck, I even NEVER claim to call/contact KCC in the first place :)

Second, I had follow the DV Lottery for the past few years, and the winner most of the time post the time when they enter their data into the system,
and it is clear they are selected RANDOMLY. so there are no problem in the past. You can not hide a glaring flawed error that so obvious in pattern.
so this year is the first year they have this kind of error.

Third, you should know that this error is very fatal, because so far KCC had only able to select 22,000 winner and the system suppose to select
around 100,000 winner (the amount they choose this past few years), so that error is a glaring in your face error that really force KCC
to cancel this year lottery. that also might mean KCC modified this year DV Lottery Algo from last year algo... and have not done any selection until
May 1...

Forth, KCC is going to a Paperless system which have it's obvious advantage... it is not perfect yet, but there is no reason to revert back
to letter notification system which cost more money, slower and might had a chance of letter missing on it's way.
the thing KCC need to concentrate is to make the computer system work as it had been designed.

Fifth, to all revoke winner that had paid the AOS fee (I think it is not that much since most applicant choose the Embassy interview route),
they should contact KCC by WRITTEN e-mail demanding the refund. I am sure KCC will refund this people.
(note, most applicant who choose embassy interview route had not pay any money at this point).

Good Luck to you :)

Oh yea, i think it was Dvstart that said that. How about those that threw away their confirmation page after 1 May ----- 5th May?

Oh really? how did you know that the system selected only 22,000 since the website said nothing like that? Where can i go and read more about this?

I think I read it when someone post it here (on this forum) and he got that news (22,000) from Reuters...
anyway,

I got to go now, had something else to do...

Good Luck to you on the next selection process.

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

maybe also because it is the first friday 13th in the DV... Thoses who do not believe in superstition need to think twice.. Now i do believe...
Lesson learnt/reminder in this situation: Never say never. It's a first time for everything.

maybe also because it is the first friday 13th in the DV... Thoses who do not believe in superstition need to think twice.. Now i do believe...
Well, good riddance to them. I don't believe in it. This situation was meant to be (i.e. as a result of a 'computer error'..nothing more, nothing less) which happened to be announced today being Frid. 13th. In fact, this error took place long before today...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know but they mentioned it on the 13th...
Well, good riddance to them. I don't believe in it. This situation was meant to be (i.e. as a result of a 'computer error'..nothing more, nothing less) which happened to take place today being Frid. 13th. In fact, this error took place long before today...

60 more ****ing days... but many will be very very desapointed.. losing ok, part of life but like that? I mean, you get a notification that you won & then you end up losing...
Yep, I meant to say "which happened to be announced 2day"... The waiting starts again!!!!!

60 more ****ing days... but many will be very very desapointed.. losing ok, part of life but like that? I mean, you get a notification that you won & then you end up losing...
I know how ya feel. Yup, 60 days is sooooo long. But at least the 'initial' losers will not feel the sting of losing the 2nd time around. You may win again, at least this is not over yet. But don't hope to win.

we,, when after "wining" you learn that you lost, believe me, your hope of winning are almost equal to 0.000000000000000000000001
I know how ya feel. Yup, 60 days is sooooo long. But at least the 'initial' losers will not feel the sting of losing the 2nd time around. You may win again, at least this is not over yet. But don't hope to win.

we,, when after "wining" you learn that you lost, believe me, your hope of winning are almost equal to 0.000000000000000000000001

@jayo2k someone in here won two years in a row. He applied the following the following year in case his CN was too high to ever be current. It may be cheesy but when it's meant to be it's meant to be. If you are meant to win the dv lottery this year, you'll win again. Keep the faith you had before May 1rst ever happened

Well In Excess, you were right. They did void the people who got selected lol

And well done in spotting the awkward choosing patterns in the DV lottery. They didn't believe it at first, but in the end it all became clear.

Why lol?, From what I remember in your previous posts before today, you were in complete opposition of peoples opinion that it wasn't a random selection result. You just trying to laugh it off now?

Also "They didn't believe it at first" really? you didn't believe it at first also.

Look at google's webcache, google: forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!/page5
@DVwasScam

It's a bit obvious you are angry that you have not been selected. I understand you're frustration but with an attitude like yourself you really do not deserve to live in America. Not yet anyway, you are far from it. A man becomes a real man after learning both victory and defeat and the differences. You're acting very immature about the whole selection process. It's random, people who have applied on the 5th and 6th have not been selected. 16 million applied only 100k got selected. Once you realize this fact then maybe good things will happen your way. Being angry about it won't solve anything, it will just make you look like a loser who causes a tantrum like a child when things don't go their way.

Now we got another chance and i know how bad it is for formal winners I think I'd die if I were in your shoes. I was amongst those whining losers before though I accepted then that i lost but it's still odd to be called "whining loser" and just out of some speculation (which turned out to be true) calling people names and asking them to stop posting. Now we all have a chance again to win either formal winners or formal "losers". I appreciate that the mistake they did hasn't been swept under the rug it was going to show either way but still they could have shrugged it off with any kind of explanation. All in all every one chin up and good luck for the next run!

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous 2012 DV Selectee Notice Rescinded:

To all my fellow previous selectees, this news is indeed disappointing but let us keep hope alive and let due process reign. Guess we would all like to be selected as part of a 'FAIR' process rather than one with some controversy. Let us all KEEP HOPE ACTIVELY ALIVE while we look forward to July 15. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Why lol?, From what I remember in your previous posts before today, you were in complete opposition of peoples opinion that it wasn't a random selection result. You just trying to laugh it off now?

Also "They didn't believe it at first" really? you didn't believe it at first also.

Look at google's webcache, google: forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323624-DV-2012-was-a-SCAM-!!!/page5

Thank you for going through all that pointless trouble and effort, searching through all the cache of deleted website history to prove absolutely nothing, it really means a lot to me that one individual would spend all that time just for me.
Of course anyone can say the day the lottery results are released whoever says it's a scam with no to little proof can be deemed a liar. However a week or so later it became really suspicious and obvious of all the low case numbers that something was not right.
At first the experiment was done with only 40 people on a random website by an individual, so you really can not believe them with the proof they had. But over time the pieces to the puzzle became more clear and actually made sense. Please note that what I said was most likely the day of the DV lottery results were released and when only one person knew of the abnormality of the DV lottery.

And what do you mean laugh it off?

This not fair - Let me explain why? I have all the applications saved on my computer on 5th of October I have applied for 5th of my family members and friends. NONE of them have WON. NONE!!!!

I have being selected. My friend have applied week later have being selected how happy were we that we have being selected and will be living in US. He also signed up both of his parents, his sister with husband, his aunt, his uncle and his friend with wife. TOTAL 8 persons not including his application and his wife.

Only he won. Where is the error???

It's already done and the mistake has been confirmed and will be rectified. It's more likely millions applied in the first couple of days no doubt about that but the game would be unfair if the ones applied late or mid October didnt get the chance to win at all.