• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello,
I was selected in the DV AS16xxx and have a couple of questions,
1-I have an L1 visa, the visa and the stamp on my passport are expired but I filed for extension of stay and received the I-797 approval notice along with a new I-94. does that make me eligible for AOS or should I travel back to my country and renew the visa on my passport?
2-And as for the documents such as the copies of police and birth certificates, I can get those online in PDF format would it be sufficient to print them out and send them with the AOS package or should I get them certified/stamped from the issuing authority?

Thanks
1. With the new I-94, you are eligible to file for AOS.
2. You can print out copies of your documents for the AOS package. You however should be prepared to attend your interview with the original version of those documents as issued by the applicable issuing authority.

Hi Sm1smom,

My CN is 2022AS14xx. Based on Visa Bulletin, I think I can file during November 2021. My question is that will it make a problem for me if I file my AOS application in December 2021?

2. I had a parking ticket for $75. Should I select Yes for question 25 in part 8?
25. Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged, or
detained for any reason by any law enforcement official
(including but not limited to any U.S. immigration
official or any official of the U.S. armed forces or U.S.
Coast Guard)?

3. For 2nd NL, should I print both the email text and attached file to the email or only the attached file to the email?

Thank you very much,
1. You can take advantage of the early filing option and send in your AOS package before the first day of the month in which your CN becomes current, or wait until the month the CN becomes current before sending in your AOS package, it’s your decision, your call.
2. Answer YES, upfront disclosure is better than second guessing in this case.
3. Attached file.

1. You can take advantage of the early filing option and send in your AOS package before the first day of the month in which your CN becomes current, or wait until the month the CN becomes current before sending in your AOS package, it’s your decision, your call.
2. Answer YES, upfront disclosure is better than second guessing in this case.
3. Attached file.
Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, the first day of the month in which my CN (which is 2022AS14xx) became current was November 1, 2021. I could take advantage of the early filing option and send in my AOS package in October 2021 according to the attached Visa Bulletin picture. If I send my package in December, while I should have sent it in November or for early filing in October, will USCIS deny my package because I am sending it late? Attached is the Visa Bull for October and November 2021, respectively. Ws the deadline for sending my package till the end of November 2021?

1638286415136.png
1638286524647.png

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, the first day of the month in which my CN (which is 2022AS14xx) became current was November 1, 2021. I could take advantage of the early filing option and send in my AOS package in October 2021 according to the attached Visa Bulletin picture. If I send my package in December, while I should have sent it in November or for early filing in October, will USCIS deny my package because I am sending it late? Attached is the Visa Bull for October and November 2021, respectively. Ws the deadline for sending my package till the end of November 2021?

View attachment 3204
View attachment 3205

No, the only requirement is that your number is below the cut off number for your region. You can apply any time up until the end of the fiscal year (assuming the numbers don't retrogress). You shouldn't waste any time though. If you're sure you're going to do AOS and you're current, then send your package as soon as you can get it ready.

View attachment 3204
View attachment 3205
USCIS will not deny your case because you did not send it within the month in which it became current. You can send in the AOS package any time after as a matter of fact as long as you file within the applicable FY and give yourself enough time to complete the AOS process on or before the end of the FY.

Hey SuperMom and team,

Had my interview this morning at 7am (haha) and everything seemed to go well. The FO told me and my husband that they would adjudicate today or tomorrow and we would know in 24-48 what the decision was. However, when I log into my USCIS account it says "New Card is Being Produced" so hoping this is a good sign. I'll let everyone know when/if I get the actual card in hand.

Thank you so much to everyone for your help with this, I can't believe how quickly it all went.

Hey SuperMom and team,

Had my interview this morning at 7am (haha) and everything seemed to go well. The FO told me and my husband that they would adjudicate today or tomorrow and we would know in 24-48 what the decision was. However, when I log into my USCIS account it says "New Card is Being Produced" so hoping this is a good sign. I'll let everyone know when/if I get the actual card in hand.

Thank you so much to everyone for your help with this, I can't believe how quickly it all went.
Wow! That is super fantastic. That is good news. And super fast too. Congratulations. Don't forget to update the Timeline spreadsheet.

Hey SuperMom and team,

Congratulations! That was really rapid indeed.

I'm going over my DS-260 (submitted) and my travel history/ degree confered date are off by a few days. Should I be asking KCC to unlock or will it be ok If I use the corrected dates on my i485?

Hey SuperMom and team,

Congrats!

Would you care to elaborate on the interview process a little more? What questions did they ask, etc?

I'm going over my DS-260 (submitted) and my travel history/ degree confered date are off by a few days. Should I be asking KCC to unlock or will it be ok If I use the corrected dates on my i485?
That is not a big deal. You can leave the DS260 as is.

Reactions: Ckb
Hi All,

Got a few questions:

1. Is it ok if the passport photos have rounded edges?

2. For number 18 and 19 on I-485 Form, I filled out 18 with my passport number since that is the document that I used to eneter USA. In this case, would i leave 19 (Travel Document Number) blank or would I put my passport number there as well?

Thank you in advance!

Congrats!

Would you care to elaborate on the interview process a little more? What questions did they ask, etc?
Yes, it was very simple. We handed over our passports and my husband gave his drivers license (I don't have one). She asked us both to confirm our names, dob, social security numbers, I had to confirm my address. She asked to see my high school certificate, and our marriage certificate. She asked about our different entries into the USA, on different occasions (I just said "that was a holiday" etc etc). Then we had to verbally confirm or deny all those yes or no questions at the end of I-485, about "affiliations" etc. She also asked at the end how many times we had applied for the DV Lottery - it felt more or a "casual" question but everything is part of the interview right?!

That was basically it. I'm imagining it will be slightly different for each person. But it was very straight forward for us this time.

Good luck in your interview!

Yes, it was very simple. We handed over our passports and my husband gave his drivers license (I don't have one). She asked us both to confirm our names, dob, social security numbers, I had to confirm my address. She asked to see my high school certificate, and our marriage certificate. She asked about our different entries into the USA, on different occasions (I just said "that was a holiday" etc etc). Then we had to verbally confirm or deny all those yes or no questions at the end of I-485, about "affiliations" etc. She also asked at the end how many times we had applied for the DV Lottery - it felt more or a "casual" question but everything is part of the interview right?!

That was basically it. I'm imagining it will be slightly different for each person. But it was very straight forward for us this time.

Good luck in your interview!
Thanks for sharing, do you think that a degree diploma works instead high school diploma? i don't have that original and i doubt it i can find it?

Hi All,

Got a few questions:

1. Is it ok if the passport photos have rounded edges?

2. For number 18 and 19 on I-485 Form, I filled out 18 with my passport number since that is the document that I used to eneter USA. In this case, would i leave 19 (Travel Document Number) blank or would I put my passport number there as well?

Thank you in advance!
1. As long as the passport photo meets the standard US passport photo requirements.
2. Travel Document Number is not applicable if you used an international passport to enter the US.

1. As long as the passport photo meets the standard US passport photo requirements.
2. Travel Document Number is not applicable if you used an international passport to enter the US.
Thanks Mom. Would you suggest to put N/A for travel document instead of leaving it blank?

Hello,
I have done my biometrics on 11/19 and two days ago i got another notice for biometrics which was issued on 11/17 and it is scheduled for 1/6
for same forms.
What should i do

Hello members and moderators!
Hope you all had a great long weekend.

I'm assembling my AOS package and have some questions:

1) I have a different pending case with USCIS for which I have done the biometrics (October 2020) and awaiting interview. In my AOS package, do I need to include the last I-797, NOA I received for my other case?

2) On this forum I came across the USCIS's Twitter post from 2020 about not leaving blank space on forms. But there were some issues it might cause like if you put "none" in your middle name section you might end up getting a card that indicates "none" as your middle name. What parts of the form are okay to leave blank (ex: sections with additional names, addresses, preparer info, etc.) ?

3) To avoid mix-ups and loss of documents, is it a good idea to number the pages and put some info (ex: name, A#, form #) on documents that don't originally have page numbers?
If yes, is it okay to handwrite that info?

4) I'm an F-1 student. If I've undertaken on campus employment and did a CPT during my studies, do I need to submit a copy of my SSN?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: