• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Mom,

It's been already more than 40 days since the day when my DV payment was cashed and still no receipt yet. KCC didn't even reply to my email regarding receipt. I am a bit confused why it takes so long. Just wanted to ask if you remember any cases in the past with situation like this? If so, what was the reason and when did these people get their receipts back? I am a bit worried because I plan to send my package in December and wanted to include receipt there. I know some people sent it last year without receipt and it was totally fine, they just took it with them to the interview. But what if mine won't show up at all? o_O
If you take a look at the 2022 timeline spreadsheet, you’ll see two people waited 40 to 60 days before getting back their receipt. You case is currently not unusual. And if you take a look at the 2021 and some of the older timeline spreadsheets, you’ll notice the same trend too. Some folks are fortunate to get the receipt sooner, others have had to waited a while longer.

You should have completed Part 2 Sections 1-5 on your own. The only section you needed to have completed in front of the CS is Section 6, where it clearly says “Do not sign or date Form I693 until instructed to do so by the civil surgeon”. The CS is not supposed to ask you to fill out your contact information, that’s on you to do.
So make sure you fill out that section, if your medical form already got sealed and signed by the CS, you need to go back and inform them you have some unfilled section of the form which you need to address. The CS will then need to re-seal and re-sign the envelope.
Thank you Sm1smom. My medical form is still under review by CS and I haven't received the sealed form yet. I electronically filed Section 1 of form I693 and printed it and handed it to CS. To be consistent, should I also fill Section 2 part 3-5 electronically and print it and hand it in again to CS or it doesn't matter and I can go to the CS office and fill Section 2 part 3-5 with a black ink pen?

Thank you Sm1smom. My medical form is still under review by CS and I haven't received the sealed form yet. I electronically filed Section 1 of form I693 and printed it and handed it to CS. To be consistent, should I also fill Section 2 part 3-5 electronically and print it and hand it in again to CS or it doesn't matter and I can go to the CS office and fill Section 2 part 3-5 with a black ink pen?
Doesn’t matter. You can fill (PRINT) with a black ink pen.

The instructions says:
"If you previously held or currently hold J-1 (principal) or J-2 (dependent) nonimmigrant exchange visitor status, you must submit copies of all relevant Forms IAP-66 and/or Forms DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status, ever issued to you (if available). You must also submit copies of all available J-1 or J-2nonimmigrant visas issued to you, and copies of all available Form I-94 and passport pages with entry stamps showing your admission to the United States in J-1 or J-2 status"
Right... Little contradicting there, you must submit copies, "if available" :confused:. I submitted a FOIA request so I'll just have to wait and see, my sposor company can provide me a letter and that's about it they said!

HI @mom,

I just finished my I-693 exam and have it sealed in the envelope. In the package there is an included list from my country's hospital regarding vaccination history; however, it is written in my native language. Was I supposed to provide a certified translation of that paper along with the package? I still have time to go back to the doctor and ask to add that paper as well to the envelope or would you consider this not a big issue?

Thank you in advance.

HI @mom,

I just finished my I-693 exam and have it sealed in the envelope. In the package there is an included list from my country's hospital regarding vaccination history; however, it is written in my native language. Was I supposed to provide a certified translation of that paper along with the package? I still have time to go back to the doctor and ask to add that paper as well to the envelope or would you consider this not a big issue?

Thank you in advance.
The vaccination history from your country is not required to be and should not be included with the AOS package. The only medical record USCIS is interested in is the I-693.

The vaccination history from your country is not required to be and should not be included with the AOS package. The only medical record USCIS is interested in is the I-693.
The doctor has included a photocopy of my vaccination history from my native country in the sealed envelope where I-693 form is...

The doctor has included a photocopy of my vaccination history from my native country in the sealed envelope where I-693 form is...
Well in that case, you should get it translated and go back to the doctor to get the translated copy included with the medical record.

I am probably overthinking, but if you are living in Arizona, you have to mail your I-485 documents to the Phoenix Lockbox facility, right? I know it is mentioned on the USCIS website, but just want to confirm that because the Chicago lockbox facility is widely mentioned on the internet, and even the timeline in Spreadsheet has ' Chicago Lockbox Delivery Date.'

I am probably overthinking, but if you are living in Arizona, you have to mail your I-485 documents to the Phoenix Lockbox facility, right? I know it is mentioned on the USCIS website, but just want to confirm that because the Chicago lockbox facility is widely mentioned on the internet, and even the timeline in Spreadsheet has ' Chicago Lockbox Delivery Date.'
This is the link to USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/all-for...register-permanent-residence-or-adjust-status

It confirms that you are correct.

That is an interesting observation and I’m glad you caught it. Seems like a newly started practice, all DV based AOS cases were required to be mailed to the Chicago Lockbox in the past, except for a brief moment back in 2020 (I think) when Chicago based filers were required to utilize different filing address due to some pending litigation related to the I-944 Self Sufficiency Requirement form.
It will be interesting to see how the Phoenix Lockbox filers compare to the Chicago Lockbox filers going forward based on this new direction. Will need to update the AOS Timeline spreadsheet for tracking this. Thanks for asking about this!

Hello guys, i hope its not too late to seek info / advice. I submitted my AOS package last weel of September 2021. I have done biometrics already and i have also received interview letter for December. What should i expect? I have been here on B1 visa pending asylum.

Hello everyone! I urgently need your advice.
Two months ago I moved to America for work (with J1 visa) and I asked for the unlock of my Ds-260 to be able to update the various information about it (new home address, visa etc).
I did not change the embassy of Naples because my intention was to return to Italy for the final interview, to avoid further changes and waste of time with other documents.

Yesterday, however, I received an email from KCC for the adjustment of status, as if I had requested it or if it was something automatic. Has anyone ever been in this situation?
In the email it says that I should pay a fee of 330 dollars but I have to wait for my number to be current.
Do I always have to take account of the European bulletin or do I now have to consider some other bulletin?

Or can I ignore the request and wait for the email for the interview in Naples?

Thank you!

Hello guys, i hope its not too late to seek info / advice. I submitted my AOS package last weel of September 2021. I have done biometrics already and i have also received interview letter for December. What should i expect? I have been here on B1 visa pending asylum.
Are you a DV2021 applicant or DV2022?

You had until the end of business day on September 30th 2021 to get your case approved. My guess is that they will automatically reject your case when IO realizes this.
I hope that won’t be the case. Do you have an idea how interview would be like?

Do I always have to take account of the European bulletin or do I now have to consider some other bulletin?
You only look at your eligibility region, which is in your CN. Is your country of eligibility Italy? Then you only look at the rank cut off for the EU region.

In the email it says that I should pay a fee of 330 dollars but I have to wait for my number to be current.
That is if you are doing AOS and if your CN is current. You can of course pay that fee now, but it will show an immigration intent (although, in your case it does not matter, as you have already shown it by filling DS-260).

In general, it is not a good idea to fill DS-260 until you are sure that your number will become current, as it shows an immigration intent and will make it harder to get a non-immigrant visa later.

Also, make sure if you are subjected to the 2-year home country stay because of your J-1 visa.

Regarding the email, maybe others can comment better, but AFAIK, KCC is the one that sends your files to the embassy (in your case consulate?). So I think you shouldn't just ignore it.

Last edited: