• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

We’re just one month into the fiscal year, you have a case number that likely won’t be current yet for months, and you’re panicking that a couple months difference filing in the ds is going to kill your chances? Really?
Hi Susie, I appreciate your answer but it seems I am missing something in understanding the process I really don't know what it is. I have watched dozens of Britsimon videos with hundreds of questions and answers. I have read the main DV thread here for dv2020 and dv2021 which contain both hundreds of pages. I usually don't ask a question until I am sure that I did my research very well on the internet and there is nowhere I could find the answer. I know I should have patience and be relaxed. I know also that we should not lose hope as some people even got their visas on 30th September which is usually the last day in the fiscal year.

Best regards to you and Brit for all your help as we would never be able to get those Infos from any other place.

I have read the main DV thread here for dv2020 and dv2021 which contain both hundreds of pages.
…and were the two years that were affected by both months of total embassy shutdowns due to a pandemic as well as a ban on DV that affected about half of each of those two fiscal years. Not the most representative, maybe?

I don’t know what answer you’re looking for. Do you honestly think that KCC is going to still spend ten months of the fiscal year processing stuff and still not get as far as July submissions before it ends - because logically this is what you’re implying by being so pessimistic, that by July 2022 (when they send September interview notices) they will still not have been able to process something submitted in July 21? Really?

…and were the two years that were affected by both months of total embassy shutdowns due to a pandemic as well as a ban on DV that affected about half of each of those two fiscal years. Not the most representative, maybe?

I don’t know what answer you’re looking for. Do you honestly think that KCC is going to still spend ten months of the fiscal year processing stuff and still not get as far as July submissions before it ends - because logically this is what you’re implying by being so pessimistic, that by July 2022 (when they send September interview notices) they will still not have been able to process something submitted in July 21? Really?
I am not pessimistic but on the contrary optimistic. But the question is "Has KCC changed their own way of processing the ds260s?". Britsimon said and still says they usually process the first received ds260s (first couple of days since the 8th May till 17th May something like that) until the inbox is cleared then they start processing according to the rank numbers from low to high(whether submitted in May, June, July or even today). Now, in his last video, he said that they are processing ds260s according to the submission dates which according to him he doesn't agree with. Here is the confusion not only for me but for many people. Has kcc really changed its way of processing ds260s? or it is the same as in previous years?. Just a simple answer yes or no because there is a huge number of people who believe they have changed. no need for an explanation for the answer.

Last edited:
20211031_111726.jpgI recieved this email after inquiring about my documents more than once. I have sent my documents properly as I am a single applicant without no complicated history(marriage, court record etc..)...I have attached passport, birth certificate, and police clearance from my country. I submitted on Aug 25(requested on Aug 19).AF2XXX (current for October). No DQ has arrived yet after more than two months. Days ago I resent the documents again. What could possibly be the problem here? I have followed the spreadsheet and I should've received my DQ for a while now.

View attachment 3133I recieved this email after inquiring about my documents more than once. I have sent my documents properly as I am a single applicant without no complicated history(marriage, court record etc..)...I have attached passport, birth certificate, and police clearance from my country. I submitted on Aug 25(requested on Aug 19).AF2XXX (current for October). No DQ has arrived yet after more than two months. Days ago I resent the documents again. What could possibly be the problem here? I have followed the spreadsheet and I should've received my DQ for a while now.
Did you have the right email subject: It should be case number with zeros, so 2022AF00002xxx. Nothing else. copy-paste exactly like the one in your 1nl (winning letter).
check the email address you're sending it to.
Did you get the auto-reply?
Also, check your ds260, if you've lived in another country for more than 12 months since 16 years of age, then you need to send them that PCC.

When you unlock your document the submitted date will change to the most recent date submitted date.
If your ds260 has not been processed, it will delay your the processing of your ds260.
I had shared my story about this. Go to page 126 to read it.
It’s not true, I dit it but they considered my first substitution date

It’s not true, I dit it but they considered my first substitution date
Here...
Hi guys, I really hope there are other people like me who didn't get their document request email until this day, given the earliest DS260 submission date theory. dv22EU19xxx single case here:

I submitted my DS on May 8th *the very first day possible*. I would say, a pretty simple ds260 to process.

Though, asked for an unlock on May 13th (got it unlocked and resubmitted on July 27th)

Sent my docs without being asked on June 16th

Inquired two times about my case, received 2 generic replies (2. & 20. september that my ds is still processing)

I'm really getting worried seeing everyone, who filed their form within the first 5 days since draw, getting their doc request email and many of them becoming ready for scheduling.
Like I said "delay" ... because unlocking before they reach your form may have no repercussion, else they will skip and visit in another time.

Did you have the right email subject: It should be case number with zeros, so 2022AF00002xxx. Nothing else. copy-paste exactly like the one in your 1nl (winning letter).
check the email address you're sending it to.
Did you get the auto-reply?
Also, check your ds260, if you've lived in another country for more than 12 months since 16 years of age, then you need to send them that PCC.
Yes. I received the auto-reply. And I never lived in another country at all. I sent my documents in that exact format....the case number and everything.

Part 2 :

I am always optimistic in life and have never been the kind of person that is pessimistic. but knowing that I had a chance (filing the ds260 early) and didn't have it when there was no other reason not to do it except I kept listening to your advice not to rush in filling which is really killing us.

I hope you got my point and I really appreciate your time in providing all the info for the lottery as I trust you and respect you as the best person helping the winners on the internet.

Regards
I feel like you want to blame someone for sending DS260 late.

Yes you should not rush and think carefully before submitting, so that you won't have to unlock it later thousand times.
Also if you have a valid reason to delay to fix something, you should. Because whether you fill out the form or not, unresolved issue will cause the problem later anyway.

Also you should understand that if all numbers are not current, higher numbers will not have priority over you.

View attachment 3133I recieved this email after inquiring about my documents more than once. I have sent my documents properly as I am a single applicant without no complicated history(marriage, court record etc..)...I have attached passport, birth certificate, and police clearance from my country. I submitted on Aug 25(requested on Aug 19).AF2XXX (current for October). No DQ has arrived yet after more than two months. Days ago I resent the documents again. What could possibly be the problem here? I have followed the spreadsheet and I should've received my DQ for a while now.
Anyone from past years experienced this??? How did it get solved? Is the reply from kcc generic to all or has anyone received a proper reply when askin about their document processing???

I am not blaming you for anything but I listened to your advice when u kept saying "Don't rush in filling your ds260" which left some of us now in limbo and stressed. Instead, I would suggest you should have told us "You should fill your ds260 immediately, and the faster you do, the more chance that you will be ready (dr and dq) early". Now I will register for dv2023 and believe me the day they will declare winners I will not sleep and will wait to see if I won and if I am a winner, I will directly login to the ds260 to fill it to be the first one who submits his ds260 in the world

From the perspective of the one who submitted DS-260 early, I wish I was aware of that advice. Let just explain how submission in the early days of May looks like. You need to log in at some odd hours, as the system is unresponsive and cannot process even simple login. As a European, it was tough to find that period, as there are a lot of AOS applicants that are currently in the US, and also lot of Asian applicants, so you can't just shift to their time zone. European and African timezones overlap, and it's impossible to do anything during those hours, so you have to get up early, 4-5 AM, and you have 1-2 hours where the system is responsive.

But hey, responsive means that you can log in, and eventually fill one page... then cool off period while you are attempting to log in again, and continue where you left. Without additional browser tools for form automation competition, macros, etc.., it is impossible to do anything. And all of that means that process is extremely error-prone, especially when you start filling for derivatives, where form tools get confused. So there are high chances that you will end up with a DS-260 application that has errors in it, which would lead to unlocking, which basically is the worst possible option as nobody is sure how it affects DR/DQ process.

It took me 2-3 days to complete the submission, which ended up with some minor errors in it, and I didn't want to unlock it as I hope I will clear that up if I get a chance to get to the interview. If I ever get the chance again, I won't consider submitting it early.

Hi Brit,
I am not blaming you for anything but I listened to your advice when u kept saying "Don't rush in filling your ds260" which left some of us now in limbo and stressed. Instead, I would suggest you should have told us "You should fill your ds260 immediately, and the faster you do, the more chance that you will be ready (dr and dq) early". Now I will register for dv2023 and believe me the day they will declare winners I will not sleep and will wait to see if I won and if I am a winner, I will directly login to the ds260 to fill it to be the first one who submits his ds260 in the world just to escape this world of stress and anxiety and have that kind of relief that I have the done the best I could do.

I am always optimistic in life and have never been the kind of person that is pessimistic. but knowing that I had a chance (filing the ds260 early) and didn't have it when there was no other reason not to do it except I kept listening to your advice not to rush in filling which is really killing us.
Frankly speaking statements such as these make it difficult for people who genuinely need help to find it. While you prefaced your write-up with “I am not blaming you …” the underlying message is that he has led you astray and you are indeed blaming him for that!

This is precisely why I often tell people to use their best judgment when I come across posts where I could say precisely what the person needs to do. This is someone who has devoted countless hours, personal time, money, and other resources to help complete strangers successfully navigate the DV process several years running, only for him to be provided with such an accusatory feedback?

You have watched several videos and write-ups on his blog, and you still don’t get why he tells selectees, especially those with mid range to high CNs (such as yours by the way) to not rush into submitting the DS260 as soon as the results are announced? Oh well!

Here is the confusion not only for me but for many people. Has kcc really changed its way of processing ds260s? or it is the same as in previous years?. Just a simple answer yes or no
It’s not simple at all. KCC moving to a DQ process only happened in the same fiscal year that the pandemic and the ban started (obviously they did not know either was coming). There IS no normal yet, especially when we are currently in a situation- as has been explained - where they have had to divert resources to dealing with the DV21 lawsuit rather than moving ahead with Dv22. And again, unless you really think they’re going to take a year to get round to processing your documents, which you claim you don’t, why does it even matter how they do it? Why do you need to understand the exact details of the process? What difference does it make to you? I could understand your anxiety a bit more if you were current already but you are months away from an interview. Months.

You know what else is taking up resource time at kcc? Thousands of people sending in unlock requests. Even if it only takes a few minutes to deal with each one, that takes many hours away that the very limited staff who deal with DV could be using to process documents. This is part of why people are told to take care and not rush sending their DS260s through. There is a silent scream from me from every time I see someone mentioning an unlock request for something other than an actual change in life circumstances.

Last edited:
Hi Brit,

... I am not blaming you for anything but I listened to your advice when u kept saying "Don't rush in filling your ds260" which left some of us now in limbo and stressed. Instead,...
There are many things that come into effect when you break down: "do not rush":
- Brit and others have explained many times that ds260 is processed in date submission order
- Brit has a video explaining that documents are handled in CN order.

The "Do not rush" is to avoid mistakes. that's why there is a safe button in the form.
If these people didn't say "Do not rush", more than 80% of people will unlock their forms to make corrections after submissions.