• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Helalo!!! You’re too much negativity sometimes KCC will be Quick little and at 2018 you told that they hit 25k right yes it’s because the Travel Band. I think

As high case number EU24k, my expectation is that in the best-case scenario, my case would be current somewhere in July. However by then with this late start and low DV priority, a backlog of lower case numbers would probably fill in queues till 30th Sept. Even if they sort out cases, they would probably hit quota for EU 18-19k visas as I see that average is around 2.1 visa per applicant.
What could I do to increase my chances? If my case number becomes current, that means that case is transferred to the assigned embassy. If it happened that that embassy has a big queue, I have no chances. But what if I choose an embassy that doesn't have a big queue? Does it mean that my high case number might be processed and I could be called for an interview?

For example, Warszaw looks very busy embassy, so in July being in current with EU24k number means that there is a pretty long queue that won't be sorted out before the end of the fiscal year. But if I relocate to Malta for example (1 case in 2019/2020, no cases in 2018/21), does it means that those guys could call me sooner? I know that capacity of embassies differs, and Malta doesn't have as many Consular Officers as Warszaw... but hey, is it worth a shot?

Relocating just for this purpose is a very big, risky, and expensive thing. But after looking at your video on case transfer, it is something that needs to be done very soon, while the case is still at KCC. And I really need to move there so I can get a valid reason to ask for a transfer.

As high case number EU24k, my expectation is that in the best-case scenario, my case would be current somewhere in July. However by then with this late start and low DV priority, a backlog of lower case numbers would probably fill in queues till 30th Sept. Even if they sort out cases, they would probably hit quota for EU 18-19k visas as I see that average is around 2.1 visa per applicant.

What could I do to increase my chances? If my case number becomes current, that means that case is transferred to the assigned embassy. If it happened that that embassy has a big queue, I have no chances. But what if I choose an embassy that doesn't have a big queue? Does it mean that my high case number might be processed and I could be called for an interview?

For example, Warszaw looks very busy embassy, so in July being in current with EU24k number means that there is a pretty long queue that won't be sorted out before the end of the fiscal year. But if I relocate to Malta for example (1 case in 2019/2020, no cases in 2018/21), does it means that those guys could call me sooner? I know that capacity of embassies differs, and Malta doesn't have as many Consular Officers as Warszaw... but hey, is it worth a shot?

Relocating just for this purpose is a very big, risky, and expensive thing. But after looking at your video on case transfer, it is something that needs to be done very soon, while the case is still at KCC. And I really need to move there so I can get a valid reason to ask for a transfer.
And Dude!!! My CN is 28k As you saying My chances will be only 2% but every time everything happens not as according as we think so let’s think Positive even if you’re EU24k sometimes you’re CN will current mid of April god can make anything to happen pray and let’s not give up the hope

There is much more then just the ur case no# consider the holes....the holes this year are much lower than the previous years since dv2020 (40% )real cases dv2021(48%) real cases and this year has 58% real cases. All this is in reference to the Oceania region. You can have a look at britsimons video where he calculated all that......
And Dude!!! My CN is 28k As you saying My chances will be only 2% but every time everything happens not as according as we think so let’s think Positive even if you’re EU24k sometimes you’re CN will current mid of April god can make anything to happen pray and let’s not give up the hope

Does anyone know if I can have two medical exams? The first "just-in-case" if somehow I get suddenly called, and another one that I could get if I have time to do it before the interview? This way I could get a fresh 6-mont entry period just before the interview...
You can only get medical appointment if your interview is scheduled. You cannot take it in advance.

Hello everyone, I am a 2022 selectee, CN: 2022AS6XXX
I was not aware that the results used to be published in May every year, then I checked my status late in September and because I was struggling with Covid those days, I could not submit my DS-260 sooner than Oct 4th.
Now, I'm waiting for the Request for Document email from KCC, but I'm a little worry how bad it is that I submitted my ds-260 so late compared to most of the other winners!
But listening to Britsimon's advice, I'm going to email the entire package of supporting documents to KCC by tomorrow.
Does anyone know how badly that late ds-260 submission will affect my next steps in the process?
I mean, if I send my documents tomorrow, should I expect delays in receiving 1nl and 2nl?
I appreciate your answers

I mean, if I send my documents tomorrow, should I expect delays in receiving 1nl and 2nl?
I appreciate your answers
You already have the 1NL, which is your selection letter.
i doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer about the 2NL timing given that so many people have not received document requests from much earlier DS260 submissions.

PS the instructions did state that the results would be released in May (by my count 6 different paragraphs throughout the document mentioned May 8 2021 as the date selectees would be announced), but that’s water under the bridge now.

You already have the 1NL, which is your selection letter.
i doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer about the 2NL timing given that so many people have not received document requests from much earlier DS260 submissions.

PS the instructions did state that the results would be released in May (by my count 6 different paragraphs throughout the document mentioned May 8 2021 as the date selectees would be announced), but that’s water under the bridge now.
Thank you SusieQQQ for the quick answer.
Let me ask you something else, with everything we know about the Covid situation (which seems better than dv2021 but far from being resolved) and having Biden in office, is there any prediction about the performance and speed of KCC and embassies for dv2022?
Last year it was a disaster, as we know about 17k people were issued their visas (if I'm not mistaken), do you think dv2022 will be better at all?

Hi everyone I made a mistake on the email part can I send kcc my correct email to update or I have to request them to unlock my DS260?
KCC will not update your form for you. If you need to update your form, you’ll need to send in a request for it to be unlocked.

so with the current DS processing speed as of right now, these DS forms which have been sumbimted on august is basicaly screwed and will never be requested for documents, even though they have relative low case numbers.

so with the current DS processing speed as of right now, these DS forms which have been sumbimted on august is basicaly screwed and will never be requested for documents, even though they have relative low case numbers.
Not necessarily (I hope being correct).
Right now, it appears that they are processing at around the 20th of May.
Most likely KCC started to process DS260s around the end of July.

However the majority of the DS260 are submitted in the first few weeks.
It is possible (but we won't have certainty until later), that they are at ~40% of the DS260s, already.

I believe we will have to wait some other few weeks to observe how the trend goes.
Let's cross fingers

If we see the spreadsheet we can figure out that 50% of the cases are submitted in May, and in this 50% most of cases are submitted early, so i think the next week and upcoming weeks we are going to see ds260 process more fast.
I think next week we are going to see some 23 May cases being request to send the documents!
I think they will go to ds260 submitted in Jun by the starting of December!