• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys, I really hope there are other people like me who didn't get their document request email until this day, given the earliest DS260 submission date theory. dv22EU19xxx single case here:

I submitted my DS on May 8th *the very first day possible*. I would say, a pretty simple ds260 to process.

Though, asked for an unlock on May 13th (got it unlocked and resubmitted on July 27th)

Sent my docs without being asked on June 16th

Inquired two times about my case, received 2 generic replies (2. & 20. september that my ds is still processing)

I'm really getting worried seeing everyone, who filed their form within the first 5 days since draw, getting their doc request email and many of them becoming ready for scheduling.

Hello, I am selected DV2022 at CN AF13XXX I just sent the DS260 in May; I have not received notification from the KCC. I send my documents?
Thank you !

Hey, is it mandatory to translate the birth certificate, diploma, police cert to english for KCC? even though its in origin language where the interview will be held Italy,
I mean I have translated only foreign police clearance certificate (German), the other papers in my native language has not been translated, as I was informed that the documents which are not in native language has to be translated

Hi guys, I really hope there are other people like me who didn't get their document request email until this day, given the earliest DS260 submission date theory. dv22EU19xxx single case here:

I submitted my DS on May 8th *the very first day possible*. I would say, a pretty simple ds260 to process.

Though, asked for an unlock on May 13th (got it unlocked and resubmitted on July 27th)

Inquired two times about my case, received 2 generic replies (2. & 20. september that my ds is still processing)

I'm really getting worried seeing everyone, who filed their form within the first 5 days since draw, getting their doc request email and many of them becoming ready for scheduling.

Sounds like you might have had some reason for increased screening - perhaps a name check or something. Either that, or the unlock meant they deprioritized your case. because the changes you made meant the earlier submission was inadequate.

What I have noticed are:
Most people this month are being DQ
No one has said KCC requested documents.
Or do they do that only on the last days of the month?

Hello, greetings and congratulations to you. From your explanation I see that unlock request does not affect the original submission date, I gathered from some people that they now consider the new submission date.
There is another scenario:
KCC may have requested documents before seeing the REQUEST EMAIL.
The best way to confirm this is by checking the sign section of your DS260 form like below:
1632536370202.png

Check the sign section of your DS260 form to confirm the completed date, an example above. Is it July 27th or May 8th?

Check the sign section of your DS260 form to confirm the completed date, an example above. Is it July 27th or May 8th?
It used to be May 8th before the unlock, after resubmitting it switched to July 27.

I think that's normal for everyone who unlocked the form since after making necessary changes you must again sign and submit in the last step.
It makes sense to me that everyone who unlocked has that latter, resubmission date, stated on their confirmation page.

I would like to hear from others who unlocked and later got their doc request&RFS emails: What's the date on your ds confirmation page?

Sounds like you might have had some reason for increased screening - perhaps a name check or something. Either that, or the unlock meant they deprioritized your case. because the changes you made meant the earlier submission was inadequate.
The changes I made weren't that significant in my opinion.

I added in a few summer jobs (server, bellman) that I worked at when I was on a J1 visa for three summers in US.
And also did a couple of "touch ups" for certain fields, like a few new words in my current job description(duties), remembered I had transited through Hungary once so I added it to my original travel history list. Anyways, nothing compelling like a new passport, a derivative or something like that ...

But when I sign in my DS, on the very last page (confirmation page fellow @Albaba posted above) it does state July 27th as the date my form is completed on.(used to be May 8th before the unlock) Is it supposed to be like that? (thus meaning July 27 is the new May 8th :D)

Cheers!

Hello Brit,
I will like to ask if unlocking the DS260 causes KCC to deprioritize your case? Read one of your posts back in 2018 that this does not affect it. But you know 2018 to 2022 are light years ahead because of the pandemic. An example is what happened to miloslaw . Another scenario is: KCC may have requested documents before seeing the UNLOCK REQUEST EMAIL. What do you think?
Thanks, anyone can reply it will help everyone.

The changes I made weren't that significant in my opinion.

I added in a few summer jobs (server, bellman) that I worked at when I was on a J1 visa for three summers in US.
And also did a couple of "touch ups" for certain fields, like a few new words in my current job description(duties), remembered I had transited through Hungary once so I added it to my original travel history list. Anyways, nothing compelling like a new passport, a derivative or something like that ...

But when I sign in my DS, on the very last page (confirmation page fellow @Albaba posted above) it does state July 27th as the date my form is completed on.(used to be May 8th before the unlock) Is it supposed to be like that? (thus meaning July 27 is the new May 8th :D)

Cheers!
Hi! Fellow eu22 19xxx here. We have also completed the ds260 end of July. Since then, no follow up from KCC at all for us either.

Hello Brit,
I will like to ask if unlocking the DS260 causes KCC to deprioritize your case? Read one of your posts back in 2018 that this does not affect it. But you know 2018 to 2022 are light years ahead because of the pandemic. An example is what happened to miloslaw . Another scenario is: KCC may have requested documents before seeing the UNLOCK REQUEST EMAIL. What do you think?
Thanks, anyone can reply it will help everyone.
That's what happened to me they requested the docs just one day before unlocking my ds260 but i had already sent the docs,and i still got DQed by the way

Good day Dear forum people, EU19XXX - Submitted DS260 on 5/20
Got a document request last week. (all documents ready just waiting for the last document to prepare)
2 Questions:
1. Is there any time limit to e-mail documents after requested?
Spouse of the Selectee (which born and lives in the same country with Selectee) went to another country’s high school left that country at age 18 (20+ years ago), she needs Police Certificate from that country as well (since instructions say if you live in another country after the age of 16 more than 12 months you need Police Certificate), it can take about 1.5 months to get it, should we wait for that particular document or we can:
A. e-mail to KCC without this document and send separate/second e-mail when the document will be ready
B. wait till get that document is ready in the hand and e-mail all documents together
C. e-mail to KCC without this document and hold this document till interview date to present in the embassy.

Thank You very much

Good day Dear forum people, EU19XXX - Submitted DS260 on 5/20
Got a document request last week. (all documents ready just waiting for the last document to prepare)
2 Questions:
1. Is there any time limit to e-mail documents after requested?
Spouse of the Selectee (which born and lives in the same country with Selectee) went to another country’s high school left that country at age 18 (20+ years ago), she needs Police Certificate from that country as well (since instructions say if you live in another country after the age of 16 more than 12 months you need Police Certificate), it can take about 1.5 months to get it, should we wait for that particular document or we can:
A. e-mail to KCC without this document and send separate/second e-mail when the document will be ready
B. wait till get that document is ready in the hand and e-mail all documents together
C. e-mail to KCC without this document and hold this document till interview date to present in the embassy.

Thank You very much
1. Not a deadline as such but obviously you don’t want to wait till it’s too late in the fiscal year to schedule an interview
2. Wait till you have all documents to send

1. Not a deadline as such but obviously you don’t want to wait till it’s too late in the fiscal year to schedule an interview
2. Wait till you have all documents to send
Good morning Dear Susie, thank you for your very quick response. Yes, absolutely won't wait a long time, but from that other countries' embassy told us it will take up to 1.5 months to get and since our case# not that low I think we should be Ok if we e-mail all documents by mid-November right?
That's why I asked if needs to wait for that doc or e-mail the first email without it.

Thank You

Good morning Dear Susie, thank you for your very quick response. Yes, absolutely won't wait a long time, but from that other countries' embassy told us it will take up to 1.5 months to get and since our case# not that low I think we should be Ok if we e-mail all documents by mid-November right?
That's why I asked if needs to wait for that doc or e-mail the first email without it.

Thank You
There’s no point sending multiple emails. Your document submission won’t be complete without all the documents, and multiple emails just has the potential to confuse issues with absolutely no benefit.

There’s no point sending multiple emails. Your document submission won’t be complete without all the documents, and multiple emails just has the potential to confuse issues with absolutely no benefit.
Yes Susie, multiple e-mails are not a good idea I thought the same, so for case# EU19XXX to e-mail documents by Mid-November when they all will be ready, not late at all correct?

Thank you very much,