• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I got a call from Tier2 agent about M180. She told she didnt know details about that. But I figured it out that one of my forms in this case CC Authorization Form, was outdated. Whatever the form is just keep them MOST RECENT and use MOST RECENT ones. That is crucially important. I asked if that could be reason, she said most probably that would be reason. In fact I suspected at first because they never tried to cash out. They never touch our CC. They only reject the whole case.

I also asked unsealed med records if that creates any harm on the application, she said it depends on the IO. If they don't accept it they would give RFE though. So it is a REJECT for that one at least.

So, we re-submit our package yesterday with GREEN reject letter on top of it. I asked this letter any help to process faster the case, she said no this is only indicating that my case has been rejected and resubmitted again.

Finally, she added that put a cover letter which explains about med records are already opened by USCIS and this is the resubmit etc.

so yes they ARE reading cover letters.

Cross fingers. Our package already arrived to Chicago Lockbox today again.

My spouse and I live in different states due to work (we both have H1B visa) and my spouse is DV selectee. Recently, we filed I485 on 5/17 together, however, only his check was cashed and he already got his NOA on 6/8. Hi @Sm1smom , have you heard about the situation like me? Does the address difference from my spouse cause case denial? Another reason I think is that I did not include DV receipt. We filed I485 before we got DV receipt.

My spouse and I live in different states due to work (we both have H1B visa) and my spouse is DV selectee. Recently, we filed I485 on 5/17 together, however, only his check was cashed and he already got his NOA on 6/8. Hi @Sm1smom , have you heard about the situation like me? Does the address difference from my spouse cause case denial? Another reason I think is that I did not include DV receipt. We filed I485 before we got DV receipt.
Nope, this is not a different address related issue - that is an issue you guys may face later on depending on how you guys filled out your I-485 forms.

There may be an issue with your specific package, such as missing signature, using an expired form, insufficient fund in your account(?), missing information on your form(s), etc. Take a close look at copies of what you sent in with your specific package (hopefully you kept copies of everything?) to see if anything from the above or anything else stands out to you. If you notice any glaring issue, it means your package was rejected and is on its way back to you. If nothing stands out after the check, contact the USCIS 1800 customer support and explain how you filed together and you haven't had any update while your spouse already received the NOA.

Hi Mom,
What could be the consequences of forgetting to write A-number on all of the pages of the I 485?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mom and Everyone, :)
I recently received my EAD card for initial F-1 OPT after submitting my I-485 for DV2021 AOS.
1. Should I put the USCIS# on my OPT EAD card in the Alien Registration Number (A-Number) columns in I-693?
2. What should I do if I did not have an A-Number when I filed my I-485 but now received an A-Number?

For example, updating the I-693, presenting it at the bio, presenting it at the interview, or any other suggestions?

Hi Mom,
What could be the consequences of forgetting to write A-number on all of the pages of the I 485?
Thanks in advance.
Including the A# makes it easier for the IO to pull up any other existing application one may already have in the system for review (says them a little bit of time). Other than that, no major consequence per se.

I recently received my EAD card for initial F-1 OPT after submitting my I-485 for DV2021 AOS.
1. Should I put the USCIS# on my OPT EAD card in the Alien Registration Number (A-Number) columns in I-693?
2. What should I do if I did not have an A-Number when I filed my I-485 but now received an A-Number?

For example, updating the I-693, presenting it at the bio, presenting it at the interview, or any other suggestions?
1. Yes, if you didn't submit the I-693 with your AOS package. If already included your I-693 with your AOS package, an updated copy with the A# is not needed.
2. Nothing.

p.s. you cannot submit any document at the bio appointment.

1. Yes, if you didn't submit the I-693 with your AOS package. If already included your I-693 with your AOS package, an updated copy with the A# is not needed.
2. Nothing.

p.s. you cannot submit any document at the bio appointment.
Thank you so much for your rapid reply Mom!!

I contacted the clinic doing my physical about some questions regarding vaccinations, but the nurse told me to wait till I see the doctor. As the earliest appointment is in July, I am a bit worried if I am not able to make it on time. Hence, I also have a few questions regarding vaccines and I would really appreciate it if anyone with experiences could answer some of them:
1. Are a 24-year-old adult required to take the Hib, Pneumococcal, and Rotavirus vaccines for Form I-693?
Local pharmacies told me these are for the elderly or kids only.
2. Would my first shots of Meningococcal, Hepatitis A, and Varicella vaccines took 24 days before the lab test impact the results of the upcoming blood, urine, or X-ray tests?
3. Would it be a problem if I can't take my second shots of Hepatitis A and Varicella vaccines before Form I-693 is sealed?

I contacted the clinic doing my physical about some questions regarding vaccinations, but the nurse told me to wait till I see the doctor. As the earliest appointment is in July, I am a bit worried if I am not able to make it on time. Hence, I also have a few questions regarding vaccines and I would really appreciate it if anyone with experiences could answer some of them:
1. Are a 24-year-old adult required to take the Hib, Pneumococcal, and Rotavirus vaccines for Form I-693?
2. Would my first shots of Meningococcal, Hepatitis A, and Varicella vaccines took 24 days before the lab test impact the results of the upcoming blood, urine, or X-ray tests?
3. Would it be a problem if I can't take my second shots of Hepatitis A and Varicella vaccines before Form I-693 is sealed?
Breath! And take a look at the "Medical Exam" tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for a list of the applicable vaccines.

So we are required to get our relevant vaccine records and include those right?
You don't need to include them in the package, you only have to bring them to the medical and the doctor will check out the appropriate boxes in the form I-693

By the way, you’re wasting valuable time if you’re waiting until July to get your medical exam completed, unless of course you plan on sending in your AOS package without the medical report (with the mind of taking it along to your interview). So expand your CS search, find someone else who can see you sooner, go outside your State if you have to.

If I filed my forms using a lawyer, does the lawyer need to be present with me during the interview?
If you wish to pay (assuming it costs extra) and have the lawyer present, otherwise there’s no requirement for the lawyer to be there, even if they filled and filed your application.

Hello, Mom!

With God's help and with your help, I finally sent my AOC package, for which I am infinitely grateful to you and this forum!

However, after submitting the package, I encountered one error. I put my current i-20 in the unsigned package, my name and surname are there, but unfortunately, I did not sign it and sent an unsigned copy.
Tell me, Mom, will this be a mistake when considering? Can a package be returned from this?

Update:
We just got our NOA letters for our AOS acceptance! 3 letters were for each form as people pointed out. I had no idea that was a thing.
Thank you, everyone. I was really worried since we never got our emails and we still don't have the email but at least it's accepted. It's a huge relief.