• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

My I-485 package was delivered on May 19th and I sent package in Fedex large box and inside Fedex large box I put packages into two small Fedex envelopes as all documents didn't fit in one. Also two money orders totaling $1225.00. The money order has not been cashed yet. @Sm1smom I am worried if that will be an issue if they will consider those packages as two not one and reject the application?

Hello everyone!

I had my interview today. FO: Hartford, CT.

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!
Congrats!
did she/he take a picture for you at the end of the interview?

My I-485 package was delivered on May 19th and I sent package in Fedex large box and inside Fedex large box I put packages into two small Fedex envelopes as all documents didn't fit in one. Also two money orders totaling $1225.00. The money order has not been cashed yet. @Sm1smom I am worried if that will be an issue if they will consider those packages as two not one and reject the application?
If your package is getting rejected, it wouldn’t be because they can’t figure out everything you sent is just one application.

Hello everyone!

I arrived at the FO 25 minutes in advance and they let me in anyway. Then I waited in the waiting room and the IO called me (even before my scheduled time).

The interview lasted almost 30 minutes. The IO asked me for drivers license, passport and date of birth. Then he wanted to know more about my job.

He also asked me the original birth certificate, which I gave him and he pointed the fact that there were 3 name listed, 1 first name and 2 middle names basically, although in all others documents I only have the first name listed, because, as I told him, I legally removed them at some point. Just to be clear in the I-485 form I did list those 2 middle names as other names used in the past, so I was fine with that. But he asked for a document showing that I really removed those 2 names. I never thought I needed such a document and of course I did not have it with me, so I sweated for a few minutes. I asked if that issue could affect my case and he said no, but if I ever apply for GC renewal or for citizenship I better have that piece of document, otherwise in the US system I will also have 3 names. By the way he said my GC will only show my first name, just because there won't be space for the other 2.

Then he asked me about my present and past addresses, parents names, present and past visa and went through all the yes/no questions.

At the end he said that it was an easy case and he would approve it right away. The card should arrive in 7-10 days, he said.
After half an hour I left the building my case changed in "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED".

Finally this is the end of a long journey! It took 7 months from my AOS submission! I would like to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and all the other folks that answered to my questions. This forum is so precious and I couldn't have made it by my self without you guys!
Congrats!

Hello everyone!

Congratulations!!

Does anyone know if one can use one's corporate insurance in order to pay for the medical exam?
Also what is usually the standard price range for the medical exam?
Does $450 sound like a standard price for the medical exam without counting any additional required vaccinations?

@Sm1smom, I have a question, my son's passport with which he entered the USA expires in October 2021. But since he has 2 nationalities, his 2nd passport expires in 2023 , 1-Should he renew the first passport? but this would take several months to send back.... 2-May he present the 2nd passport together with the first one for the interview? Thank you

Last edited:
Does anyone know if one can use one's corporate insurance in order to pay for the medical exam?
Does $450 sound like a standard price for the medical exam without counting any additional required vaccinations?
Yes I paid for my son and me 1,050. But I remember I read you already received your NOA?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

congratulations @fauchc!
Hope you can celebrate with your loved ones <3

When I was asking around, the price range was $125-$500. Some were far away from me, though. And non of them accepted insurance.

Last edited:
We paid $300 per person at an office in NYC. I saw cheaper options too but this one had good reviews. It’s definitely worth shopping around, since the prices differ quite a bit.

@Sm1smom, I have a question, my son's passport with which he entered the USA expires in October 2021. But since he has 2 nationalities, his 2nd passport expires in 2023 , 1-Should he renew the first passport? but this would take several months to send back.... 2-May he present the 2nd passport together with the first one for the interview? Thank you
1. You can re-new if you like, although I don’t see the need for the rush to do so now. The FY ends in September, (one month before the passport expires) and your interview must happen on or before the end of September.
2. You only need one valid unexpired passport as a form of ID.

It depends on the doctor you go to, I suggest calling the different ones around your area because where I live there are too, one was 375 and the other was 125. So obviously a great difference in pricing.
I have not seen one yet that takes insurance BUT I have seen some that will accept you get the bloodwork and everything done at your regular doctor (under your insurance) and they’ll simply sign the paperwork

1. You can re-new if you like, although I don’t see the need for the rush to do so now. The FY ends in September, (one month before the passport expires) and your interview must happen on or before the end of September.
2. You only need one valid unexpired passport as a form of ID.
Thank you very much dear Mom

Hello everyone!

Congratulations!!! :)