• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello, Mom!

With God's help and with your help, I finally sent my AOC package, for which I am infinitely grateful to you and this forum!

However, after submitting the package, I encountered one error. I put my current i-20 in the unsigned package, my name and surname are there, but unfortunately, I did not sign it and sent an unsigned copy.
Tell me, Mom, will this be a mistake when considering? Can a package be returned from this?
No. No.

p.s. It is AOS, not AOC

1. Just putting a new package together and sending it without any confirmation of your previously sent package having been rejected is not recommended. Give it about one more week, and if there's still no update, follow up by calling the 1800 USCIS customer service number to see if they're able to see your application in the system even if you haven't received the NOA.
2. That is an unnecessary waste of time endeavor IMO. If you correctly addressed your package and the package got delivered as addressed, there's no need trying to figure out if the person who signed for the package actually works for USCIS or not.
Thanks mom! Will do so. Btw, when calling them, what information should I give them so that they can locate my case? DV case number or something else? also when calling, is there a specific department or type of person I should be asking for?

I don't want to give you a false feeling but this was my experience. Chat with USCIS Tier1 agent, they will tell you the status, from my understanding of your your situation it is more likely rejected. 5/14 package had been processed on June 1st. So I think you should've got the package in your mailbox now or soon.
Thanks for the thought. I do have the same feeling too based on the fact that everyone else is proceeding with their NOA based on the chronological order. I am following your post as well to learn how to prepare for the new package in case if my guess turns out to be true.
When you chatted with the agent, what information did you give them so they can try to look you up?
thank you so much!!

Hi Mom
I have a question regarding my original birth certificate. I only have a copy with me and the original copy is in my home country. shall I try to ask someone to send it from home for the interview?
Thank you very much.

Thanks mom! Will do so. Btw, when calling them, what information should I give them so that they can locate my case? DV case number or something else? also when calling, is there a specific department or type of person I should be asking for?
They’ll start with your full name and ask you for any other information they need. No specific/person, follow the prompts on the phone.

Hi Mom
I have a question regarding my original birth certificate. I only have a copy with me and the original copy is in my home country. shall I try to ask someone to send it from home for the interview?
Thank you very much.
Yes.

Hello mom,
i submitted my notorize birth certificate translated in english with my AOS package but I didnot sent my original copy written in my native language. And I have already submiited my package. Will that be an issue?
Thank you.

Hello mom,
i submitted my notorize birth certificate translated in english with my AOS package but I didnot sent my original copy written in my native language. And I have already submiited my package. Will that be an issue?
Thank you.
You may get a RFE for a copy of the original document to be sent in. Nonetheless, be prepared to take both the original B/C and the translated version to your interview.

Thanks for the thought. I do have the same feeling too based on the fact that everyone else is proceeding with their NOA based on the chronological order. I am following your post as well to learn how to prepare for the new package in case if my guess turns out to be true.
When you chatted with the agent, what information did you give them so they can try to look you up?
thank you so much!!
Well since you don't have anything tell them "do not receive a receipt notice" then they would require your name-surname, DOB, address while chatting. To speak with an agent at Emma, select "Case Status" then write "Agent" then select "case status" then select "do not have receipt notice" it will ask you what would be your question then connect you to an agent.

In my case, our CC form was outdated, if you have digital copies, make sure every single USCIS form you used was updated. And review your i485 again and again with another eye, other than yours :) DO NOT forget to sign forms. If your package returns, do not worry about med exam records, in case they are open. Just resend them as it comes. IF you already know the problem, fix it and do not put old problematic docs there. But if you are sure that other docs are fine, then do not touch them send then as it comes.

Update:

After waiting 17 days for a final decision, my attorney sent an e-request yesterday. As I mentioned, after my interview the agent said that everything looks good and I should have a decision in 2 weeks, which has not happened. Today I got a response for the service request stating:
According to USCIS records, your application is still pending. At this time, we anticipate you should receive a decision or other notice from USCIS within 60 days of this notice. Please be advised that posted processing times are goals based on Field Office averages. These goals are subject to change and can vary from office to office. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing.

I am a bit disappointed. My response to the RFE was sent the day after the interview, so I don't understand what is taking so long.

Hi folks,
We've had an interview today and want to share our experience.
Field Office: Philadelphia, PA
We received 3 interview appointment letters, my husband's interview was scheduled for 8:30 and our son's and myself for 9:30, all for the same day. We arrived at 8:15 at the office and registered altogether. Then we waited for 2 hours, periodically asking stuff whether is everything alright with our appointment. They asked us to wait. We were worried because people around us came and go pretty quickly. It seemed they forgot about our appointment and didn't assign our case to anyone. After waiting 2 hours finally IO came and took us into his workplace. He was very polite and professional and told us that he will be the person who makes the final decision on our case. He asked us questions from I-485 and if there anything has changed since we filled our documents. In the end, I asked him what should we expect next and he told me that DV lottery cases are rare and he needs to check with procedures and review our documents. But overall he doesn't see any issues. So we left and in 2 hours our statuses updated to New card is being produced.
We are so happy and want to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and this amazing community for help and endless support. God bless you guys!

Hi folks,
We received 3 interview appointment letters, my husband's interview was scheduled for 8:30 and our son's and myself for 9:30, all for the same day. We arrived at 8:15 at the office and registered altogether. Then we waited for 2 hours, periodically asking stuff whether is everything alright with our appointment. They asked us to wait. We were worried because people around us came and go pretty quickly. It seemed they forgot about our appointment and didn't assign our case to anyone. After waiting 2 hours finally IO came and took us into his workplace. He was very polite and professional and told us that he will be the person who makes the final decision on our case. He asked us questions from I-485 and if there anything has changed since we filled our documents. In the end, I asked him what should we expect next and he told me that DV lottery cases are rare and he needs to check with procedures and review our documents. But overall he doesn't see any issues. So we left and in 2 hours our statuses updated to New card is being produced.
We are so happy and want to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and this amazing community for help and endless support. God bless you guys!
CONGRATS GUYS!!!

Reactions: TZ&
Update:

After waiting 17 days for a final decision, my attorney sent an e-request yesterday. As I mentioned, after my interview the agent said that everything looks good and I should have a decision in 2 weeks, which has not happened. Today I got a response for the service request stating:
According to USCIS records, your application is still pending. At this time, we anticipate you should receive a decision or other notice from USCIS within 60 days of this notice. Please be advised that posted processing times are goals based on Field Office averages. These goals are subject to change and can vary from office to office. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing.

I am a bit disappointed. My response to the RFE was sent the day after the interview, so I don't understand what is taking so long.
This is the general template reply they send to all e-requests . After waiting 1.5 months after the interview and multiple e request to get my case approved..I am convinced e requests are handled by front desk workers at the FO, they just check the status and reply back with this bs

Hi folks,
Congratulations! That's great!

Hi folks,
Congratulations !!! :)

Hi folks,
Congratulations :)