• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I knew that this will happen.These was the plan from the beginning.Next step is consolidation which will happen no mater what lawyers say,and in the end no one will get visa,maybe 0,001 percent.And of course,there will be nothing from reservation of visas because he has no power to do such thing.And as we can see he is not busy,that was a fairytale from lawyers.Curtis with his low to no fee policy destroyed us all.i want my money back.

I knew that this will happen.These was the plan from the beginning.Next step is consolidation which will happen no mater what lawyers say,and in the end no one will get visa,maybe 0,001 percent.And of course,there will be nothing from reservation of visas because he has no power to do such thing.And as we can see he is not busy,that was a fairytale from lawyers.Curtis with his low to no fee policy destroyed us all.i want my money back.
We will know for sure next few weeks

I don’t get why Curtis decided to include the whole Africa without any payment at the beginning.. it was clear there would be tens of thousands of applicants. Anyways, I am not upset about the money, but I am reallyyyy unhappy by the fact that this “charity” destroyed the chances to get the visa.

“Highest bidder” … I don’t see your point, Brit. Extra 500$ doesn’t signify you are “rich”. I am just being pragmatic - with less charity more things could have been done. I am not against poorer countries, but in the long run everybody cares about his / her visa in the passport and not about 50k other prospective DV holders.

I’m quite sure the diversity visa lottery wasn’t meant to be a highest bidder auction or an exclusive opportunity reserved for the “rich” only.
Exactly. In fact, I distinctly remember a while back seeing a USCIS answer to a question of why there is no premium processing for immigrant visas being something like “money should not enable people to jump the queue for immigrant visas”. Yet it seems that is what is supposed to be happening with these court cases. I guess that principle was not mentioned to Mehta when he gave named plaintiffs priority last year.

For those who paid and are now upset at the large number of plaintiffs - was there any representation made that there would be a limit on the number of plaintiffs? I also find it a little odd that people who wanted there to be as many hashtags, social media followers etc as possible to show how widespread support was are now upset that so many actual people affected by this are on board! You should be happy about trying to get as many people visas as possible rather than trying to make it an exclusive club, no?

“Highest bidder” … I don’t see your point, Brit. Extra 500$ doesn’t signify you are “rich”. I am just being pragmatic - with less charity more things could have been done. I am not against poorer countries, but in the long run everybody cares about his / her visa in the passport and not about 50k other prospective DV holders.
As do the people who happily took the free option. Why should they care that you paid? Your principle applies across the board.

hi everyone. is it too late to send out ds260 and the documents? ive been on the fence about continuing but now i've changed my mind. just wondering if it's too late to even try at all

I don’t get why Curtis decided to include the whole Africa without any payment at the beginning.. it was clear there would be tens of thousands of applicants. Anyways, I am not upset about the money, but I am reallyyyy unhappy by the fact that this “charity” destroyed the chances to get the visa.
Because he knows that Africa region has the highest number of selectees and generally they are from poor countries. So by easing the barrier to entry, he could have a LOT of plaintiffs from the highest selected region.

Seems to me like a brilliant business strategy! But unfortunately that strategy has decreased our chance as Goh plaintiffs to get processed before 30 Sept deadline.